Photo

3 Best/3 Worst Games of your NJ Devils Fandom?

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#41 Lateralous

Lateralous

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 06:27 PM

Best:

1.  2012 ECF - Game 6 -  Finally get the monkey off our backs after 18 years of listening to those asshats.  Crowd was nuts that night and it was so nice to see so few Rangers fans.

2.  2000 ECF - Game 7 -  Epic final game with "The Hit."  Even better since I've lived in Philly since I moved down here for college in '93. 

3.  2000 SCF - Game 6 -  Combined with Game 5, this was some of the best hockey I've ever seen.  There was no shortage of scoring chances but this was literally the best I've ever seen Brodeur perform and Belfour wasn't far behind once he kicked the cough medicine. 

HM - 2003 Game 7 -  Nothing epic about the game but seeing the cup won in person was awesome.  Unfortunately I was on my honeymoon in St Lucia during 2003 ECF Game 7 or that might be up there as well.  Instead I had to wait for scores to come across the bottom line on ESPN all night. ALmost hit the ceiling when the 3-2 first came across.   

Worst:

1.  2001 SCF Game 6 - After guys like Mogilny and Gomez finally got off the schnide in Game 5, I was so sure we were going to win this one. This team really should have won a second straight and it's a shame because I don't think a lot of people remember how good those Devils teams in 2000-2001 really were.  I was sitting on the end of the rink where Foote's long shot beat Marty.     

2.  2009 ECQF Game 7 -  Carolina two goal comeback was just so sudden.  

3.  2008 ECQF  -  The whole series.  So many Rangers fans in our building chirping constantly.  Brodeur was embarassingly awful.  Everything about that series sucked.   

HM - 1994 ECF Game 7 -  It used to burn but at this point, I don't know if I even care anymore.  I just think to myself, "Henrique, it's over!"  and it's all better.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users