44 replies to this topic

#21 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,901 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 09:18 AM

You can't bring liquor out of the fire or ice lounge.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#22 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,259 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 09:26 AM

You know I'm not even sure why. They say it's an insurance policy that doesn't allow liquor or wine on the concourse during sporting events. You can bring beer anywhere. They don't want us saying insurance policy and told us to say "if liquor gets on the ice it wont freeze but beer will". But that's stupid because if you're in the fire or ice lounge you can bring the drinks down to your seats and it could easily get on the ice. Last summer they started allowing wine on the concourse during non-sporting events but liquor still has to stay in the lounges (mixed drinks). And it failed because no one wants to stand in a hallway and do nothing. Everyone always asks for a place to sit down and eat.

Also, the goal bar is now open to the public during the whole game.

I still still miss the idea of the Wendys guy buying the team and having a wendys in the arena :( I love wendys

Really?  When did this start?

I wish the Devils would have communicated this to the fans for both our benefit and their benefit.

#23 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,823 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 09:36 AM

During the first round of last year's playoffs against Florida, they did have a viewing party at the restaurant for game 5.  The thing is that the bar there kept their normal insane stadium prices for alcohol and the food they served was either old hot dogs, stale leftover popcorn or pizza and wings that ran out really quickly.  Also just as an FYI they actually ordered the pizza from an outside pizzeria and not the La Familia garbage they use in the arena, but they did not order enough so not everyone got a slice.

I feel like thats just fvcking cheesy and if i traveled an hour to the arena for a viewing party and got surpised with old left overs and a food shortage i must say id be extremely let down.. oh well i guess. The rock will remain only attended during game time i suppose.
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#24 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,259 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 09:40 AM

I feel like thats just fvcking cheesy and if i traveled an hour to the arena for a viewing party and got surpised with old left overs and a food shortage i must say id be extremely let down.. oh well i guess. The rock will remain only attended during game time i suppose.

It was really cheesy and I could not believe they were trying to serve us old leftovers as "food."

They did have large viewing parties last year for the 2nd and the first couple of games of round 3 at the Rock as well.  It was at the Ice lounge and you could sit in the club seats and watch the game on the scoreboard which was lowered a bit to see it better. For round 2 they actually made the food about half off normal stadium price and I think the soft drinks were a dollar each.  Then in round 3 the soft drinks were free but the food was normal stadium price.

Then the NHL came in and ended it because NBC complained that these viewing parties that held about 2,000 people was affecting ratings.

#25 Vic Rattlehead18

Vic Rattlehead18

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 09:42 AM

You can't bring liquor out of the fire or ice lounge.

Right. But if you're in the lounge you can bring them down to that lounge sections seats (sections 7,8,9,18,19,20)

Really?  When did this start?

I wish the Devils would have communicated this to the fans for both our benefit and their benefit.

I believe 2 seasons ago. There is a sign outside the goal bar with an arrow pointing up saying open to the public. I think they wanted to keep it quiet so it doesn't become too crowded up there....Not really sure.

Devils.

#26 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,259 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 09:45 AM

Right. But if you're in the lounge you can bring them down to that lounge sections seats (sections 7,8,9,18,19,20)

I believe 2 seasons ago. There is a sign outside the goal bar with an arrow pointing up saying open to the public. I think they wanted to keep it quiet so it doesn't become too crowded up there....Not really sure.

I could have sworn that during the 2011-12 I was thrown out of the Goal Bar by security and ushers there a few minutes before the game started saying it is only for those who have tickets there.

#27 msweet

msweet

The Voice of Reason

• Admin
  • 8,861 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 09:55 AM

The Ticket Tax is obnoxious... why does every agreement in government mean more taxes?

Follow me on Twitter @MSweetwood

"Quite frankly, all the players are getting paid too much and all the contracts are too long," general manager Lou Lamoriello said. "But if you want to compete in this market and you want to win, there are some things you have to do."

#28 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,259 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 09:59 AM

The Ticket Tax is obnoxious... why does every agreement in government mean more taxes?

Same reason as for 99% of taxes these days: Why not?

#29 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,995 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 10:00 AM

That's a 2.35% question tax.

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#30 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,901 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 10:07 AM

No, you can't, unless this policy has changed.  You can bring beer and that's it.

#31 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,901 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 10:10 AM

Because the Devils are getting more services out of the deal?  Given Newark's return on the arena, season ticket holders should feel lucky there aren't more taxes.

#32 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,344 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 10:30 AM

Surprised this hasn't been mentioned. Very good news for the franchise.

Here are the bullet points:

http://www.nj.com/es...arena_deal.html

The bad news is that 1.37% tax as that will only increase ticket prices.

I thought this happened months ago? Or is this just it being finalized?

I could have sworn that during the 2011-12 I was thrown out of the Goal Bar by security and ushers there a few minutes before the game started saying it is only for those who have tickets there.

Goal bar is open before and after game to all, during game it's just for those with certain tickets. I forget which sections you need to have tickets in though.

Edited by ATLL765, 14 June 2013 - 10:38 AM.

#33 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,892 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 10:34 AM

Because the Devils are getting more services out of the deal?  Given Newark's return on the arena, season ticket holders should feel lucky there aren't more taxes.

Few things:  if you've traveled through any of the Hudson river crossings you already paid to help build the arena, since Newark used its share of Port Authority funds to pay for its share of the arena.  (Newark itself also has a pretty low tax base to begin with).  Also, it's not just Devils season ticket holders that pay this tax.  It's a tax on all tickets sold in the primary market for all events. 

Ultimately though, if you don't like it, don't go to the games or concerts.  And I would imagine that the tax is implicitly worked into the face price of the tickets to begin with.  So with or without it, you'd end up paying about the same amount for a ticket.  This is especially the case if you buy tickets on stubhub. 

Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#34 Vic Rattlehead18

Vic Rattlehead18

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 10:59 AM

No, you can't, unless this policy has changed.  You can bring beer and that's it.

I think 4 seasons ago you couldn't. The last 3 seasons that policy changed. So if you have seats in section 8 and you buy a jack and coke you can bring it to your seats

Devils.

#35 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,259 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 11:00 AM

I thought this happened months ago? Or is this just it being finalized?

Goal bar is open before and after game to all, during game it's just for those with certain tickets. I forget which sections you need to have tickets in though.

According to Vic that policy changed a season or 2 ago and now anyone can go there during the game.

#36 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,323 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 11:27 AM

I think 4 seasons ago you couldn't. The last 3 seasons that policy changed. So if you have seats in section 8 and you buy a jack and coke you can bring it to your seats

the policy is no hard alcohol to the seats. you can bring beer and wine. they're not giving you a hard time with your jack and coke because they think it's a coke or they're not paying attention.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#37 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,210 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 11:29 AM

No, you can't, unless this policy has changed. You can bring beer and that's it.

So you can only bring mixed drinks out of the Goal Bar if you have access to the lounges (or any other location with hard liquor sold in it)?

Edited by Colin226, 14 June 2013 - 11:29 AM.

Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#38 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,259 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 11:33 AM

So you can only bring mixed drinks out of the Goal Bar if you have access to the lounges (or any other location with hard liquor sold in it)?

Probably not since you would have to step on the concourse to get to the lounges.

#39 devlman

devlman

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,059 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 11:47 AM

Few things:  if you've traveled through any of the Hudson river crossings you already paid to help build the arena, since Newark used its share of Port Authority funds to pay for its share of the arena.  (Newark itself also has a pretty low tax base to begin with).  Also, it's not just Devils season ticket holders that pay this tax.  It's a tax on all tickets sold in the primary market for all events. 

Ultimately though, if you don't like it, don't go to the games or concerts.  And I would imagine that the tax is implicitly worked into the face price of the tickets to begin with.  So with or without it, you'd end up paying about the same amount for a ticket.  This is especially the case if you buy tickets on stubhub. 

Also, i dont believe JVB even had to negotiate with Newark. The arbitration process went his way. What were they even negotiating this time around? Ceding a ticket tax to Newark seems like a gesture of goodwill to Booker. And dont call it a ticket tax. Call it what it is - a 'we screwed up our end of the deal, so we need to screw the patrons-tax'.

#40 Vic Rattlehead18

Vic Rattlehead18

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 12:04 PM

the policy is no hard alcohol to the seats. you can bring beer and wine. they're not giving you a hard time with your jack and coke because they think it's a coke or they're not paying attention.

lol

no. it has to be consumed in the goal bar. same if youre seats are the ice lounge but youre drinking in te fire lounge. you cant leave until you finished

Devils.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users