44 replies to this topic

#41 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,428 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 03:32 PM

I thought this happened months ago? Or is this just it being finalized?

No. Just happened yesterday. I believe months ago it got sent to arbitration. Im not entirely sure of the timeline, but this was just finalized.

#42 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,303 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 03:54 PM

No. Just happened yesterday. I believe months ago it got sent to arbitration. Im not entirely sure of the timeline, but this was just finalized.

Well the details of this deal was released at least a couple months ago.  Yesterday they were just finalized.

#43 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,361 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 03:56 PM

Well the details of this deal was released at least a couple months ago.  Yesterday they were just finalized.

That's probably where I got confused. I felt like seeing those numbers was deja vu. Didn't remember that it wasn't a done deal then.

#44 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,429 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 05:24 PM

I agree about the giant screen on the outside.  It often takes a couple seconds to make out what they are showing just so that the interior sightlines are not compromised.  The best part?  It is for sightlines in an area people barely walk in! 

The Devils Alley "pub" has not been open at all this past season and not sure if it was even open at all last year as well.  At one of the last games this past season I had a group of fans come up to me in line at a beer stand nearby to ask where the Devils Alley Pub is as they saw the signs for it and thought it was like a real bar or restaurant inside the arena.  I had to tell them that it hasnt opened in some time and that it really isnt a "bar" but just another glorified beer stand.  They were then disappointed further when I told them that none of the bars/lounges in the arena are open to the general public unless you have a ticket for it except the Goal bar that is open before and after the game to ticket holders not seated there.

I'll say it once and I will say it again.  While the Devils have improved their PR a bit the last few years, they are still pretty sh!tty overall.

Um, the restaurant bar is open to the public and it's probably the largest bar in the building.

#45 Vic Rattlehead18

Vic Rattlehead18

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 03:12 PM

According to Vic that policy changed a season or 2 ago and now anyone can go there during the game.

Right, I actually emailed my boss too just to confirm I was right and I am. The goal bar IS open to the public during the games.

Devils.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users