87 replies to this topic

#21 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,488 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 10:31 AM

Kosman's track record is borderlining on actual slander against the organization. I think he could be sued for the amount of incorrect alarmist stories he's written about the Devils in the past. I'm taking this with an extremely tiny grain of salt.

Edited by DJ Eco, 17 June 2013 - 10:31 AM.

#22 Jerzey Devil

Jerzey Devil

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 991 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 10:33 AM

I recently read somewhere that he's still talking to that guy from Calgary to sell the team. I don't remember where I saw it though so it could have been like HockeyBuzz or something like that. Could also have some truth to it though.

#23 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,205 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 11:18 AM

Posted this on HF:

You have to admit their articles leading up to the trade deadline last season were such a joke and total garbage.. They had to be lying then.. I'll paraphrase from memory:

- August 2011: Devils can't afford Parise. He'll be traded soon

- November 2011: Status quo. Trade coming soon due to finances

- Febraury 2012: Trade deadline looming. Source says team will absolutely trade Parise before the deadline. Can't afford him

- A day before trade deadline: Mystery investors from Toronto have appeared! Looks like Parise will stay! Gloominess fading...

- 2 weeks after trade deadline: Mystery investors didn't realize the NHL conducts investigations into prospective owners. (I guess somehow they didn't know and Jeff thought if he didn't mention it to them, maybe the NHL would forget too). Parise is a goner after the season for sure. Gloominess rising!!

Parise did leave, but Kosman was wrong about it the whole way. All along he said the Devils were shopping Zach due to finances but they clearly had no intentions of that. They even made a big offer to Parise but we know he left for the bonuses, his home state, and Sutter

Not saying that some of this financial stuff isn't true, but the "doom and gloom" keeps coming from one reporter and yet where are the terrible effects? All that's happened is Jeff has taken full control of the team as approved by the League.. Spending on salaries has yet to plummet to the cap floor and we just finalized a plan for some extra parking revenue

To the people who say "well he's making so much noise about it that it must mean he's on to something" I mean at this point his entegrity is pretty much on the line here and he has to keep making noise otherwise it proves he's been lying.. Wouldn't be surprised if this started as a potentially big story, he ran with it, situation resolved itself far better than his "sources" expected, and now he's got to continue on to save face.. Again, if this has been such a huge issue for 2 years, where are the effects? I need to see it to believe it, but its been business as usual since

Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#24 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,780 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 11:23 AM

Maybe in 2010 - 2011 but I don't recall heavy discounting this past season.. They did a bunch of small promos like they normally do (Groupons and things) but nothing major I thought.. They were selling too well to need discounts

I know I got a deal for three mezzanine tix that would ordinarily cost $70 to $80 each for $30. 

Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#25 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,294 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 11:34 AM

Que?

what he's saying, and what is 100% true is that there are plenty of financial reasons to miss a payment or push something off.

the whole reason JVB allowed everything to happen the way that it fell out was that he had incredible leverage. CIT, the loan holder absolutely didn't want him going bankrupt. It would leave them in an awful position. There are lots of reasons for this which i'm not in the mood to go through. they let him restructure favorably because it put them in a better position if he defaulted again.

he's not defaulting - he stretches his dollars and makes the best financial deals he can. JVB is no idiot and he doesn't give a sh!t if the Post smears his name and says he's got no money. they were going to give parise $90+MM last year. they spent $60+MM prorated this past year. They'll do the same thing again this year.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#26 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,328 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 11:54 AM

Agreed.   I honestly believe this is JVB being shrewd, and not JVB being broke.

It doesn't look good to the layman; but it doesn't have too.

NHL contracts are guranteed and the NHL has already shown they will step in to fulfill obligations.   That sqaures away any uneasiness players may have felt before joining a team.   They are getting their money.

image-300x225.jpg

| 2012 Season | NJDevs FHL Champion | 2013 Season |
| 2014 Season | 

#27 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,951 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 02:04 PM

To the people who say "well he's making so much noise about it that it must mean he's on to something" I mean at this point his entegrity is pretty much on the line here and he has to keep making noise otherwise it proves he's been lying.. Wouldn't be surprised if this started as a potentially big story, he ran with it, situation resolved itself far better than his "sources" expected, and now he's got to continue on to save face.. Again, if this has been such a huge issue for 2 years, where are the effects? I need to see it to believe it, but its been business as usual since

This is whats wrong with this country. Noise does not equal validity or credibility. See: FoxNews,MSNBC, Justin Bieber, Kim Kardashian, etc...

Just another doom and gloom article based on 'sources'. NHL said it was an inaccurate article. Thats good enough for me.

what he's saying, and what is 100% true is that there are plenty of financial reasons to miss a payment or push something off.

the whole reason JVB allowed everything to happen the way that it fell out was that he had incredible leverage. CIT, the loan holder absolutely didn't want him going bankrupt. It would leave them in an awful position. There are lots of reasons for this which i'm not in the mood to go through. they let him restructure favorably because it put them in a better position if he defaulted again.

he's not defaulting - he stretches his dollars and makes the best financial deals he can. JVB is no idiot and he doesn't give a sh!t if the Post smears his name and says he's got no money. they were going to give parise $90+MM last year. they spent $60+MM prorated this past year. They'll do the same thing again this year.

Correct-a-mundo

#28 GoArmySports

GoArmySports

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 02:36 PM

I wish I had more confidence in our future.

#29 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,780 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 02:39 PM

This is whats wrong with this country. Noise does not equal validity or credibility. See: FoxNews,MSNBC, Justin Bieber, Kim Kardashian, etc...

Just another doom and gloom article based on 'sources'. NHL said it was an inaccurate article. Thats good enough for me.

Honestly, in the grand scheme of things this is not a huge deal.  Ultimately, it still goes under the heading of "entertainment news". 

Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#30 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 03:11 PM

No longer a credible source.   The end.   Probably never WAS a credible source because the basis for his original reports was public record.

#31 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,886 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 04:00 PM

well thats perfect, the fans not accepting that Lou can do something wrong can use this as an excuse this year too for the free agents

Edited by SterioDesign, 17 June 2013 - 04:00 PM.

www.SterioDesign.com

#32 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,836 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 04:08 PM

im just scared that the Devils will have to move because of all this financial sh!t.

They have about 25 years left on the lease, so I there isn't much to worry about. Ownership may change, but it'd take A LOT for the NHL to let them move.

Edit--- Also, as stated numerous times in this thread, Kosman has no clue.

Edited by Devil Dan 56, 17 June 2013 - 04:09 PM.

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#33 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,249 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 04:12 PM

well thats perfect, the fans not accepting that Lou can do something wrong can use this as an excuse this year too for the free agents

Well, he certainly does a lot better than many GMs. I really think you need to take a step back and be reminded that you're getting on Lou's case over losing a FA he might never have had a chance to sign and having two crappy years bookending one where we went to the Finals, one of those years even being a half season should make it even less of a negative against Lou, especially since it's left us in decent position in a quality draft and we even managed to pick up a quality prospect for nearly nothing this year.

I just don't see the trades, signings, etc that Lou could have made, yet didn't and, I assume, are the basis for your argument that Lou wasn't as effective as he could have been.

#34 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 06:14 PM

I used to look forward to summer time, can we go one "off season" without the Devils falling apart?

#35 Devs1965

Devs1965

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 06:15 PM

What does this a hole do wait at the bank, duh got a story JVB has missed a payment!
It is getting to the point where if its posted anywhere but TG site Fire and Ice or the Devils org themselves it most likely 90% BS

Edited by Devs1965, 17 June 2013 - 06:20 PM.

#36 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 06:49 PM

What does this a hole do wait at the bank, duh got a story JVB has missed a payment!
It is getting to the point where if its posted anywhere but TG site Fire and Ice or the Devils org themselves it most likely 90% BS

Said best!

#37 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,488 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 09:44 PM

The only reason any of this is "news" year after year is because the big New York media outlet doesn't have anything better to write that's hockey-related in May or June, the Rangers haven't done jack in 20 years and they have a fanbase they have to cater to.

Edited by DJ Eco, 17 June 2013 - 09:44 PM.

#38 hystyk28

hystyk28

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 07:57 AM

Some additional info.

http://m.nypost.com/...jEXtcSRgiHURsDO

#39 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,040 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 07:59 AM

What's great is Kosman was tweeting his number out to Koules and Lawton last night to get them to talk to him.

I think I might give Kosman a ring later.

#40 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,205 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 08:06 AM

Some additional info.
http://m.nypost.com/...jEXtcSRgiHURsDO

Can you just highlight on what the additional info says? I'd hate to give this guy a click

Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users