Posted 17 June 2013 - 11:18 AM
Posted this on HF:
You have to admit their articles leading up to the trade deadline last season were such a joke and total garbage.. They had to be lying then.. I'll paraphrase from memory:
- August 2011: Devils can't afford Parise. He'll be traded soon
- November 2011: Status quo. Trade coming soon due to finances
- Febraury 2012: Trade deadline looming. Source says team will absolutely trade Parise before the deadline. Can't afford him
- A day before trade deadline: Mystery investors from Toronto have appeared! Looks like Parise will stay! Gloominess fading...
- 2 weeks after trade deadline: Mystery investors didn't realize the NHL conducts investigations into prospective owners. (I guess somehow they didn't know and Jeff thought if he didn't mention it to them, maybe the NHL would forget too). Parise is a goner after the season for sure. Gloominess rising!!
Parise did leave, but Kosman was wrong about it the whole way. All along he said the Devils were shopping Zach due to finances but they clearly had no intentions of that. They even made a big offer to Parise but we know he left for the bonuses, his home state, and Sutter
Not saying that some of this financial stuff isn't true, but the "doom and gloom" keeps coming from one reporter and yet where are the terrible effects? All that's happened is Jeff has taken full control of the team as approved by the League.. Spending on salaries has yet to plummet to the cap floor and we just finalized a plan for some extra parking revenue
To the people who say "well he's making so much noise about it that it must mean he's on to something" I mean at this point his entegrity is pretty much on the line here and he has to keep making noise otherwise it proves he's been lying.. Wouldn't be surprised if this started as a potentially big story, he ran with it, situation resolved itself far better than his "sources" expected, and now he's got to continue on to save face.. Again, if this has been such a huge issue for 2 years, where are the effects? I need to see it to believe it, but its been business as usual since