87 replies to this topic

#41 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,205 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 08:09 AM

What's great is Kosman was tweeting his number out to Koules and Lawton last night to get them to talk to him.

I think I might give Kosman a ring later.

And look at the people he is tweeting.. Some dude who is from NJ and was traded to the Devils in 1993 but never played? Maybe Kosman doesn't realize he's reporting on our finances from the early 90's :P

Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#42 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,055 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 08:14 AM

And look at the people he is tweeting.. Some dude who is from NJ and was traded to the Devils in 1993 but never played? Maybe Kosman doesn't realize he's reporting on our finances from the early 90's :P

lol you didn't read the article.

He said the NHL is helping to broker a deal where Koules and Lawton are to buy a minority stake in the Devils and if JVB cannot right the ship's finances in the next couple of years Koules and Lawton can take over.

#43 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,316 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 08:16 AM

lol you didn't read the article.

He said the NHL is helping to broker a deal where Koules and Lawton are to buy a minority stake in the Devils and if JVB cannot right the ship's finances in the next couple of years Koules and Lawton can take over.

TG shot this BS down last night. Once again, Kosman is full of sh!t. Hilarious that he's tweeting out his phone number too, maybe we should give him a call and tell him what a great job he's doing lmao.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#44 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,055 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 08:22 AM

TG shot this BS down last night. Once again, Kosman is full of sh!t. Hilarious that he's tweeting out his phone number too, maybe we should give him a call and tell him what a great job he's doing lmao.

Where did TG shoot this down?  I see nothng on both of his Twitter accounts and his website.

#45 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,316 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 08:31 AM

Where did TG shoot this down?  I see nothng on both of his Twitter accounts and his website.

. Check the HF board- someone over there was PM'ing with him and he confirmed it's BS.

#46 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,055 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 08:34 AM

. Check the HF board- someone over there was PM'ing with him and he confirmed it's BS.

Oh ok thanks.  I wish TG would update his blog with this crap too.  The last post he has on there is from 6/7/13.

#47 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,744 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 08:39 AM

Koules got along with his partner so well last time, I'm sure the NHL and Vanderbeek would love to have him along as a minority partner.  Haha.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#48 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,316 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 08:50 AM

Holy crap, now that moron Carton is spreading garbage, he literally just said regarding this story on his show "there's a real chance the Devils won't be in NJ in 18 months". I'm not usually surprised at this level of stupidity, but that's just flat-out irresponsible and lazy to say that without having absolutely no clue what the facts are. And this is why the average idiot thinks the Devils situation is worse than it is, because of NY a$$holes spreading lies like that. Of course no one bothered to correct him or give him any facts, but that isn't surprising.

#49 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,782 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 08:56 AM

Holy crap, now that moron Carton is spreading garbage, he literally just said regarding this story on his show "there's a real chance the Devils won't be in NJ in 18 months". I'm not usually surprised at this level of stupidity, but that's just flat-out irresponsible and lazy to say that without having absolutely no clue what the facts are. And this is why the average idiot thinks the Devils situation is worse than it is, because of NY a$$holes spreading lies like that. Of course no one bothered to correct him or give him any facts, but that isn't surprising.

If you're looking to Carton for anything resembling a rational thought, you're already lost.  The man should have his picture next to the definition of douchebag.

Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#50 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,055 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 08:57 AM

Did he say where he got that 18 month timeframe?  Was he just pulling that out of his ass?

Carton doesn't really care about hockey.  That little douche was a big Devils fan last year during the playoffs and this year he is suddenly a huge Islanders fan.

This is on top of him being a "huge" Flyers fan during his days in Philly in the 90's.

#51 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,316 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 09:02 AM

Did he say where he got that 18 month timeframe?  Was he just pulling that out of his ass?

Carton doesn't really care about hockey.  That little douche was a big Devils fan last year during the playoffs and this year he is suddenly a huge Islanders fan.

This is on top of him being a "huge" Flyers fan during his days in Philly in the 90's.

He just pulled it out of his ass, you could tell. I don't care about what Carton says, the guy is a fvcking tool. But what annoys me is he's purposely misinforming people, and this is what contributes to the average fan thinking the Devils are broke and going to Quebec tomorrow.

#52 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,505 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 09:03 AM

well thats perfect, the fans not accepting that Lou can do something wrong can use this as an excuse this year too for the free agents

No one ever said Lou was friggin' perfect.  No GM is.  You look at the overall record.  Yes, there's been some signings/moves that clearly didn't work out.  No GM bats 1.000.  But since he's been the GM, his teams have missed the playoffs four times, and been to five Finals, all the while never suffering through the bottoming-out stretch of seasons that clearly benefit the Penguins-type runs of success.  A hell of a lot of teams would take that over the same time frame. 

It's sad, it's much like the Brodeur-bashers, you won't appreciate what you had until Lou calls it quits.  Such is the life of the entitled Devils fan.   

Re:  this article, I'll admit, I'm never filled with warm and fuzzies when I hear about VBK and money woes, but why anyone would go to the Post for accuracy is lost on me.  Their long-time Devils beat guy reported with a schtick that was clearly meant to tweak Devils fans.  They're not an outfit to be taken all that seriously.    

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#53 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,055 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 09:04 AM

He just pulled it out of his ass, you could tell. I don't care about what Carton says, the guy is a fvcking tool. But what annoys me is he's purposely misinforming people, and this is what contributes to the average fan thinking the Devils are broke and going to Quebec tomorrow.

And if you call or tweet him out on it he will bring up about how he was right about Lindros back over a decade ago with his scoop.

Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

#54 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,587 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 09:04 AM

Not to mention his, "Mets fans for Yankees" BS he pulls every September/October (and I'm a Yankees fan).  The guy is a grade 1 a-hole, and the single reason I don't listen to WFAN in the morning.   He should go back to making fun of ex-governor's wives, it's the only thing he's actually good at.  Listening to Boomer clear his throat is more enjoyable than anything that comes out of that douche's mouth. 

As far as Kosman is concerned, I think we learned last year that he has no credibility in his "journalistic" reporting.  Єklund (2.3% accurate) is more accurate than this clown.  But it's no secret that the team/NHL has been looking for minority investors.  Not surprisingly, nobody has taken them up on that offer to date (and likely never will unless they have some serious financial incentive to do so, or get input in the decision making process for the team). 

Posted Image

#55 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,505 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 09:07 AM

Who cares WHAT the second-rate Mad Dog wannabe says?  If not for Boomer, no one's listening. 

Carton is a clown.  Hey Craig, some words of wisdom:  when you have to constantly talk up how you're a real man, and how real men do this and that, blah blah blah, you're not a real man.  With REAL men, it's an unstated given.  You WISH you were a real man. 

[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#56 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,898 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 09:32 AM

No one ever said Lou was friggin' perfect.  No GM is.  You look at the overall record.  Yes, there's been some signings/moves that clearly didn't work out.  No GM bats 1.000.  But since he's been the GM, his teams have missed the playoffs four times, and been to five Finals, all the while never suffering through the bottoming-out stretch of seasons that clearly benefit the Penguins-type runs of success.  A hell of a lot of teams would take that over the same time frame. 

It's sad, it's much like the Brodeur-bashers, you won't appreciate what you had until Lou calls it quits.  Such is the life of the entitled Devils fan.   

Re:  this article, I'll admit, I'm never filled with warm and fuzzies when I hear about VBK and money woes, but why anyone would go to the Post for accuracy is lost on me.  Their long-time Devils beat guy reported with a schtick that was clearly meant to tweak Devils fans.  They're not an outfit to be taken all that seriously.    

well why is everyone pointing out Lou's way of mishandling situation are getting ripped here then and getting thrown all the great things he did at? Never said he was horrible or anything i always said im glad what you did but im not gonna close my eyes on the dumb fvcking moves and his oldschool ways putting the team at risks for absolutely no reasons other than his stubbornness of doing things his way where he clearly should have approach things differently. THATS what's pissing me off the most and even if players are coming out saying they also dont really like it the pro-Lou will stick back him up as if he can't do wrong.

and for the Brodeur-Bashers... everyone knows what Marty did and that he's the greatest but he's obviously not in his prime and even if at some point we'd lose 20 in a row cause brodeur is giving up 5-6 goals a game in that stretch. Its not okay to point it out that he's not helping anymore? or people pointing it out would get the "YOU CANT BASH HIM LOOK AT EVERYTHING HE DID FOR US" 

www.SterioDesign.com

#57 mxm262

mxm262

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 09:58 AM

I wish TG would update his blog with this crap too.

Scroll through the comments of his last post.  He has posted a few times debunking the article.

#58 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,505 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:01 AM

@ SD:  Lou's team just got to a friggin' SCF in 2012.  2011 was one of the seasons where everything that could've gone wrong did (it happens), and 2013 was a shortened season, so I'm not going to equate it to 2011.  Like I always say to you, easy for a fan to seemingly have it all figured out, with uber-simplistic statements like "Well, he clearly should've approached things differently."  Easy for you to say.

Don't come up with verbose examples like Brodeur giving up 5-6 goals a game and the Devils losing 20 in a row.  If anything remotely close to that ever happened, pretty safe to say he won't be playing.  Look, at his age and mileage, we knew that it could get rough for Marty at the end, and clearly it has a bit...he's been largely inconsistent the past few years (but has enjoyed some nice stretches).  It's fine to wonder aloud how much longer Marty should be playing, or be given the majority of the playing time in goal (many of us have made these points...based on this past season and everything else, I don't know how the Devils go into next season with Marty penciled in as anything more than a question mark).  It's something else to be flat-out mean-spirited and insulting about it (too many Devils fans have taken this route), and some Devils fans have short memories when it comes to Marty's overall contributions.         

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 18 June 2013 - 10:02 AM.

#30 FOREVER!

#59 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,055 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:06 AM

Scroll through the comments of his last post.  He has posted a few times debunking the article.

Just found them and thanks!

#60 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,316 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:43 AM

I think this says it all right here. TG, commenting in response to a question on his blog: The quote I received was the story was “100 percent wrong”, so that covers everything.

On top of that, let’s use some common sense here. The Devils were one of the teams that did not lay off anyone during the lockout. A lot of teams did lay off employees. The league itself went to four-day work weeks for its employees. Yet, the Devils did not do any of that.

Yet, they’re supposed to owe the NHL $25 million?

Posted by Tom Gulitti on 06/17 at 07:36 PM

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users