#61 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,132 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:54 AM

Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice 1m
From Bill Daly: "Despite recent reports to the contrary, which are inaccurate, we are not concerned about the Devils' future...

Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice 1m
Daly cont: "..., or the franchise's ability to achieve long-term success in Newark."
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#62 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,630 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:58 AM

TG shouldn't have to dignify such garbage at all.  I know he does because people believe anything that's published in a 'paper' but this story is absurd on its face, like he says.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#63 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,132 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 11:06 AM

TG shouldn't have to dignify such garbage at all.  I know he does because people believe anything that's published in a 'paper' but this story is absurd on its face, like he says.

And then you have a fvcking douchebag like Carton spouting off on his very widely listened to radio show that the Devils have 18 months left in NJ with absolutely zero knowledge of even one relevant fact regarding the situation. All because of this stupid NY Post article. And people, particularly Ranger fans, believe all of it and eat it up, and then they turn around and spout the same false garbage because its "what they heard on the radio". People are fvcking naïve and gullible, so they just believe anything the media says. That's what drives me nuts.

#64 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,200 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 11:09 AM

Why anyone takes the post seriously as a newspaper is beyond me. From their tabloid headlines to page 6 to sports. It's a borderline tabloid that's out there to sell copies not report news.

#65 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,132 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 11:10 AM

Why anyone takes the post seriously as a newspaper is beyond me. From their tabloid headlines to page 6 to sports. It's a borderline tabloid that's out there to sell copies not report news.

. Its not a borderline tabloid. It IS a tabloid.

#66 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,200 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 11:16 AM

It amazes me that people will argue it's anything but.

I just can't imagine even a high school newspaper making the kind of mistakes they do ON THEIR FRONT PAGE. The headlines they write are, in my mind, done in bad taste and should be enough for anyone to discount the paper as trash.

NBC now regurgitating this sh!t: http://prohockeytalk...partner=ya5nbcs

Edited by ATLL765, 18 June 2013 - 11:18 AM.

#67 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,132 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 11:25 AM

It amazes me that people will argue it's anything but.
I just can't imagine even a high school newspaper making the kind of mistakes they do ON THEIR FRONT PAGE. The headlines they write are, in my mind, done in bad taste and should be enough for anyone to discount the paper as trash.
NBC now regurgitating this sh!t: http://prohockeytalk...partner=ya5nbcs

And round and round we go. And this is what pisses me off about the media. Absolutely fvcking lazy. Just parrot garbage, don't do any research.

Edited by MadDog2020, 18 June 2013 - 11:25 AM.

#68 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,200 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 11:26 AM

And round and round we go. And this what pisses me off about the media. Absolutely fvcking lazy. Just parrot garbage, don't do any research.

I wanted to comment on the article to get at least one comment in there on how it's BS, but I cannot stand that wordpress sh!t and can never get it to work right.

Edited by ATLL765, 18 June 2013 - 11:26 AM.

#69 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,431 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 11:40 AM

At some point, Vanderbeek needs to stop making these moves or missteps. If nothing else, it's giving the team bad press and public relations, no matter what his reasoning is for late payments or other financial moves. We have a New York media salivating at the chance to report anything negative about this franchise and every offseason he keeps to be giving them just the slightest stories to report and weld and drag on throughout the offseason.

#70 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,026 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 11:42 AM

It's something else to be flat-out mean-spirited and insulting about it (too many Devils fans have taken this route), and some Devils fans have short memories when it comes to Marty's overall contributions.

This x100000000. There is no reason I should hear idiots yelling "hey marty you suck" at games. Those fans shouldn't be wearing Devils jerseys.

Edited by Satans Hockey, 18 June 2013 - 11:42 AM.

#71 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,909 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 11:43 AM

At some point, Vanderbeek needs to stop making these moves or missteps. If nothing else, it's giving the team bad press and public relations, no matter what his reasoning is for late payments or other financial moves. We have a New York media salivating at the chance to report anything negative about this franchise and every offseason he keeps to be giving them just the slightest stories to report and weld and drag on throughout the offseason.

Thing is even TG is saying the missed interest payment story is not true. He does however say that JVB has one coming up soon though.

#72 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,431 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 11:47 AM

Thing is even TG is saying the missed interest payment story is not true. He does however say that JVB has one coming up soon though.

If it's a bi-annual payment, then I'm guessing the payment would need to be done at the END of June, the 6th month, correct? So July 1st?

The Devils should sue the New York Post. Their inaccuracies are full-on defamation of a company and an organization.

#73 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,909 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 11:52 AM

If it's a bi-annual payment, then I'm guessing the payment would need to be done at the END of June, the 6th month, correct? So July 1st?

The Devils should sue the New York Post. Their inaccuracies are full-on defamation of a company and an organization.

That's probably the case and what the Post has been doing lately is borderline slander.

However it looks like they are just ignoring it as it might bring on the Streisand Effect if they respond to it or sue the Post.

#74 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,888 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 12:22 PM

I avoided reading this thread until a few days had gone by, with the hopes that yet another Post article would be proven inaccurate.

Consider me glad I waited.  Just nonsense. 

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#75 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,132 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 12:31 PM

Apparently Doug MacLean, Kypreos, and Darren Millard were ripping the Devils on radio up in Toronto today. Because of this story. More lies. More false information. MacLean was apprently bagging on the attendance and claimed he knows people who claim the Devils books are "frightening". This is becoming slanderous now. The Devils sell out every game except 2, but you still have this sh!t being peddled by the garbage NY media and certain ignorant parts of the Canadian media. It misinforms the public, and it creates the narrative and perception that's been out there about this organization for years. The media will just not allow this franchise to escape the labels that were placed on it years ago: that they're boring, and that they have no fans. Neither could be further from the truth, but hey, don't let the truth get in the way of your hate ya fvcking a$$holes.

#76 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,630 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 01:23 PM

Apparently Doug MacLean, Kypreos, and Darren Millard were ripping the Devils on radio up in Toronto today. Because of this story. More lies. More false information. MacLean was apprently bagging on the attendance and claimed he knows people who claim the Devils books are "frightening". This is becoming slanderous now. The Devils sell out every game except 2, but you still have this sh!t being peddled by the garbage NY media and certain ignorant parts of the Canadian media. It misinforms the public, and it creates the narrative and perception that's been out there about this organization for years. The media will just not allow this franchise to escape the labels that were placed on it years ago: that they're boring, and that they have no fans. Neither could be further from the truth, but hey, don't let the truth get in the way of your hate ya fvcking a$$holes.

There's a reason why Doug MacLean is now a talking head - because he couldn't cut it as a GM.  

Don't really care, it separates the wheat from the chaff.  Anyone who thinks this stuff is true is ill-informed.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#77 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 03:10 PM

I think they don't sue them because in a twisted way, it helps their business internally.    But this guy is a clown, he's tweeting "prospective buyers" in order to get comments for his "stories".

Obviously they're in a financial world of sh!t, but reporting the truth,which hasn't really changed from the initial report.... which was scooped here a couple of months earlier than Kosman got it out... that's kind of boring.

#78 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,235 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 03:43 PM

I had a laugh last night reading the comments on TSN after they picked up on this story. All the usual stereotypes about Newark, the Devils are boring, etc. I suppose the Devils long term lease, tv contract, and playing in the NYC metro area doesn't mean anything to some people. :P

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#79 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,699 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 04:01 PM

Kosman's track record is borderlining on actual slander against the organization. I think he could be sued for the amount of incorrect alarmist stories he's written about the Devils in the past. I'm taking this with an extremely tiny grain of salt.

The problem with a lawsuit is that Vanderbeek would be forced to sit in a deposition and answer questions about the Devils' and his own finances.  Believe me, it's not an appealing scenario even if you think you're right.

Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#80 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,431 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 04:58 PM

The problem with a lawsuit is that Vanderbeek would be forced to sit in a deposition and answer questions about the Devils' and his own finances.  Believe me, it's not an appealing scenario even if you think you're right.

Interesting... Sounds like more trouble than it's worth. Essentially, if they have a good lawyer (which I'm sure The Post does), you open yourself up to more bad press and transparency than a few untruthful news articles.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users