87 replies to this topic

#81 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,653 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 05:46 PM

@ SD:  Lou's team just got to a friggin' SCF in 2012.  2011 was one of the seasons where everything that could've gone wrong did (it happens), and 2013 was a shortened season, so I'm not going to equate it to 2011.  Like I always say to you, easy for a fan to seemingly have it all figured out, with uber-simplistic statements like "Well, he clearly should've approached things differently."  Easy for you to say.

Don't come up with verbose examples like Brodeur giving up 5-6 goals a game and the Devils losing 20 in a row.  If anything remotely close to that ever happened, pretty safe to say he won't be playing.  Look, at his age and mileage, we knew that it could get rough for Marty at the end, and clearly it has a bit...he's been largely inconsistent the past few years (but has enjoyed some nice stretches).  It's fine to wonder aloud how much longer Marty should be playing, or be given the majority of the playing time in goal (many of us have made these points...based on this past season and everything else, I don't know how the Devils go into next season with Marty penciled in as anything more than a question mark).  It's something else to be flat-out mean-spirited and insulting about it (too many Devils fans have taken this route), and some Devils fans have short memories when it comes to Marty's overall contributions.         

This. Thank you.  It's very easy to say "he should do it better", but if you want a better run than the Devils had over Lou's 20 years, you better be a Detroit fan. No one said he's perfect. You take risks, and sometimes they don't pay off. I'm not saying he's perfect when I say I understand the logic or reasoning of a move.

As for Marty, same thing. No one is saying he's what he was. I don't think many people defend his recent play. He's clearly at the end of the run. I think we all agree on that. However, I'm not really going to bash him either. He gave up a lot for this organization and hopefully he rides off into the sunset after this season.

As for this Vanderbeek thing, typical NY Post bull.

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#82 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,897 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:05 PM

Great stuff from TG as usual. This answers some questions: http://blogs.northje...lster_finances/
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#83 newjerseydamo

newjerseydamo

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 01:53 AM

fvck everyone else, seriously.

the Devils will continue to prove time and time again they are more of a contender than a lot of the other teams out there.

Proof is in the pudding as they say. Let the naysayers talk sh!t, the Devils will do their work in the rink.

And watch an Aussie get involved with a Rangers fan at Yankee Stadium if they push their sh!t too far!

*bleeds red and black*

"Music is my mistress, and she plays second fiddle to none."
Posted Image

#84 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,678 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 11:16 AM

Bill Daly reported that it was false but with Forbes reporting it i feel kinda nervous again

http://www.forbes.co...illion-of-debt/

The New Jersey Devils not only missed the playoffs this season, but the NHL team also missed their first debt payment on recently restructured debt.

The New York Post reported four days ago that the NHL team had missed its first debt payment of $3 million in April on $170 million of loans it had restructured in December. But multiple sources have told me that owner Jeff Vanderbeek has $230 million of total debt tied to his ownership of the team and Prudential Center. Some of the liabilities are tied to nearby real estate. The Devils annual debt service is about $14 million.

www.SterioDesign.com

#85 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,803 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 11:27 AM

Well that's a little more unsettling than the Post article was.

So..banks could come after the Devils by next Wednesday, huh?  Cool cool, I wasn't really nervous or stressing about anything in my life right now, so it's nice to have this.   :rolleyes:

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#86 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,551 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 11:36 AM

Bettman said we're fine..

#87 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,468 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 11:41 AM

Is that the same Forbes writer who parroted everything Kosman wrote last time?  If so, then I wouldn't put any more stock into his current articles than his last ones, Kosman and that guy last time were obviously working together to create an echo chamber to drive up their visibility on the issue.

Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#88 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,653 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 11:42 AM

After completing a refinancing of its debt and paying it down to roughly $40 million by the end of 2012, the team received an extension on an interest payment due in April so it had time to finish the process of bringing in new partners. A source said that could be completed in the next few weeks or take until the end of the summer.

(Note: To demonstrate the difference in perspective, one individual with knowledge of team finances insisted the Devils didn’t miss a payment or have a deadline for a payment delayed/extended at all and that the team is actually ahead in its payments.)

- See more at: http://blogs.northje...h.QeP07Ec6.dpuf

From TG, who I trust a lot more than the Post...

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users