Photo

The Devils have re-signed...... Tedenby!

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#21 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,471 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 01:06 PM

Edit:  Messed up Teddy's age.  I thought he started at 19 when he started at 20.

Edited by Devils731, 19 June 2013 - 01:11 PM.

Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#22 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,511 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 01:25 PM

assuming he doesn't make the team out of camp, could the devils let him go back to sweden rather than going down to albany?

Yes, but I think he'd have to pass through waivers first.  It'd be quite an unusual move.  I think Tedenby represents a buffer between people like Matteau and Boucher getting NHL ice time next year - Tedenby may only be replacement level, but they don't figure to be great either.

Edited by Triumph, 19 June 2013 - 01:26 PM.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#23 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,713 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 01:39 PM

i surely hope the fvck not its not a security cause its looking bad for clarkson and elias

www.SterioDesign.com

#24 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,266 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 01:50 PM

i surely hope the fvck not its not a security cause its looking bad for clarkson and elias

Yer a glass is half-empty kinda fella ain't ya?

Nope, more like the glass has fallen on the floor and shattered into a million pieces type. 

I don't know that one necessarily has anything to do with the other. 

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#25 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,675 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 02:17 PM

Nope, more like the glass has fallen on the floor and shattered into a million pieces type. 

I don't think so either. But rational thought has never gotten in the way of panic button mashing before.

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#26 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,713 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 02:28 PM

lol well i didnt say that as if i think thats whats happening or wtv, was just throwing that out there. Don't read everything im saying in a panic voice just cause im always arguing about some stuff.

www.SterioDesign.com

#27 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 03:14 PM

The answer to this is simple:   He's going to be traded if he doesn't make the team or falls off after doing so.   Like Pelley and Fraser.

#28 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,186 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 06:39 PM

Traded for what though.. As stated earlier he doesnt carry much value.. I guess if he were to be traded he would be half of a package?

Edited by Sik02gt, 19 June 2013 - 06:39 PM.

believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#29 GoArmySports

GoArmySports

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,130 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 07:50 PM

The fact that the admins didn't even pin this thread means that all hope has been lost on Tedenby.

#30 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 09:40 PM

Traded for what though.. As stated earlier he doesnt carry much value.. I guess if he were to be traded he would be half of a package?

What would Mark Fraser and Rod Pelley get traded for?   Junk.   

#31 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,098 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 10:38 PM

So when do you guys think Lou will actually sign some hockey players?

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#32 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,186 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 07:54 AM

I don't know why this bum was signed before the 3 most important ufa's ... Take his 600,000 and use it towards someone of worth.
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#33 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,330 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 08:16 AM

I don't know why this bum was signed before the 3 most important ufa's ... Take his 600,000 and use it towards someone of worth.

Perhaps his negotiation was somewhat quicker and easier than the others? Why does it matter who signs first?

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award
believe2.jpg

www.numerartovertag.wordpress.com - An NHL Blog (in Swedish)

#34 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,186 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 08:48 AM

Perhaps his negotiation was somewhat quicker and easier than the others? Why does it matter who signs first?

... because he is anot a valued player to this team anywheres as near what the other 3 important fa's are.
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

#35 Biggie B

Biggie B

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 09:55 AM

On a related note, does anyone have a picture of how bad his cut was?

Posted Image
Holding it down (in loving memory) for Vitaly "THE UKRAINE TRAIN" Vishnevski

If you can't take the heat, step away from the flames.

#36 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,511 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 09:56 AM

Obviously the other negotiations should be eating up all of Lou's time - there's so much negotiating that has to go on!  So much.  That's why half the players sign on the first day of free agency.

Like I said before, the Devils like to announce all their minor RFA signings on the same day, and this year will likely be no different - NJ probably won't confirm Tedenby signing until next week at the earliest.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#37 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,397 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 10:55 AM

Team just confirmed it on Twitter.

Website too http://devils.nhl.co...s.htm?id=674640

Edited by ghdi, 20 June 2013 - 10:56 AM.

#38 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,471 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 10:57 AM

http://devils.nhl.co...s.htm?id=674640

Devils website announcement.

Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#39 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,675 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 11:04 AM

Obviously the other negotiations should be eating up all of Lou's time - there's so much negotiating that has to go on!  So much.  That's why half the players sign on the first day of free agency.

Like I said before, the Devils like to announce all their minor RFA signings on the same day, and this year will likely be no different - NJ probably won't confirm Tedenby signing until next week at the earliest.

Of course there's negotiations going on when you are trying to re-sign FA's and no one else can talk to them. The reason half the players sign on the first day of free agency is because most of them get overpayed.

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#40 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,266 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 11:06 AM

Of course there's negotiations going on when you are trying to re-sign FA's and no one else can talk to them. The reason half the players sign on the first day of free agency is because most of them get overpayed.

I also think there's a lot more tampering going on than ever gets reported too.  Some of these things get done absurdly quick, even with the overpaying.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users