32 replies to this topic

#21 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,428 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 12:16 PM

yeah but at the same time something is up. As fans we just tend to in defensive mode as soon theres an article against us. ignore it or call it bullsh!t. It may be but when there's smoke...

No, people have very short memories.   Same things happened last year and nothing came of anything.   They've even been consistently adding junk payroll as seasons go along.

Same reporting, white knights, awful sources like 4th period making stuff up... and here's JVB still inexplicably owning a sports team without much money of his own.

#22 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,918 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 12:31 PM

No, people have very short memories.   Same things happened last year and nothing came of anything.   They've even been consistently adding junk payroll as seasons go along.

Same reporting, white knights, awful sources like 4th period making stuff up... and here's JVB still inexplicably owning a sports team without much money of his own.

yeah but he still really missed a payment according to the NHLPA and that's not good. 

Let's just hope its really bullsh!t.

www.SterioDesign.com

#23 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,504 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 12:37 PM

yeah but he still really missed a payment according to the NHLPA and that's not good.

Let's just hope its really bullsh!t.

Well...that's according to one guy who saw a NHLPA memo but can't produce the memo. It could be true, but it would be nice to see some evidence or sources that put their names to things this time.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#24 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,918 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 12:47 PM

Well...that's according to one guy who saw a NHLPA memo but can't produce the memo. It could be true, but it would be nice to see some evidence or sources that put their names to things this time.

yeah of course. I could be total bullsh!t to hurt the Devils image before free agency as usual.

But i still find that our fanbase (well on this board anyway) is reacting to anything said about the Devils like an overprotective mom who simply can't face or accept that her child could do something wrong.

www.SterioDesign.com

#25 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,775 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 01:02 PM

yeah of course. I could be total bullsh!t to hurt the Devils image before free agency as usual.

But i still find that our fanbase (well on this board anyway) is reacting to anything said about the Devils like an overprotective mom who simply can't face or accept that her child could do something wrong.

You're not very good at knowing which media sources are legitimate, and we are.  Kosman has been wrong about lots and lots of stuff, big and small, to the point where his stories can't be believed.  When TG gets a story, that's when you know it's legitimate.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#26 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,504 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 01:05 PM

You're not very good at knowing which media sources are legitimate, and we are.  Kosman has been wrong about lots and lots of stuff, big and small, to the point where his stories can't be believed.  When TG gets a story, that's when you know it's legitimate.

The 4th Period is terrible at rumor mongering.  They're another publication that's had the Devils sold a few times over the last 2 years.

TG was pretty particular to state he got his own sources on Barroway but hadn't found a source to back up any of the other stuff so listed it as "Forbes reports"

Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#27 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,918 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 01:13 PM

lol dude get off your high horse. King sh!t

www.SterioDesign.com

#28 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,618 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 06:31 PM

lol dude get off your high horse. King sh!t

Listen, Triumph may be guilty of being a bit too full of himself at times, but he's right on this one. The NY Post isn't worth the paper it's printed on, Forbes isn't much better (although it used to be a quality publication), and as 731 pointed out, The Fourth Period spends too much time running with rumors. Tom Gulitti is one of the only people in the media you can trust to tell you the truth about the Devils; Rich Chere used to be pretty good, but his reputation among Devils fans has been dropping in recent years.

tl;dr: Don't believe everything you read. Choose your sources carefully.
Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

AHLFans.net - American Hockey League fan forums

#29 Devs1965

Devs1965

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 06:39 PM

99% BS, the Internet has always been so hard to believe unless you trust the source! Even TG is just human though he tries to get it right before running with it!
Let's Go Devils!!!!!

#30 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,918 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 06:52 PM

Listen, Triumph may be guilty of being a bit too full of himself at times, but he's right on this one. The NY Post isn't worth the paper it's printed on, Forbes isn't much better (although it used to be a quality publication), and as 731 pointed out, The Fourth Period spends too much time running with rumors. Tom Gulitti is one of the only people in the media you can trust to tell you the truth about the Devils; Rich Chere used to be pretty good, but his reputation among Devils fans has been dropping in recent years.

tl;dr: Don't believe everything you read. Choose your sources carefully.

well first of all i never said i believed those articles or anything? where is that coming from? i kept on saying lets hope its all bullsh!t. it was not even the point. All i said is that when there's smoke constantly (and its been smoking for awhile) something may be really up and we were indeed in trouble financially.

My point about some Devils fans acting like overprotective parents was not made to prove my point that those articles we're true, how am i supposed to know if its true or not lol more like a lot of Devils fans are denying "no matter what" what they don't want to believe quite often. 

If there's an award on the best poster who's points/posts are ALWAYS misinterpreted. Im winning it hands down and it won't be even close. un-real.

www.SterioDesign.com

#31 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,895 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 01:19 AM

well first of all i never said i believed those articles or anything? where is that coming from? i kept on saying lets hope its all bullsh!t. it was not even the point. All i said is that when there's smoke constantly (and its been smoking for awhile) something may be really up and we were indeed in trouble financially.

My point about some Devils fans acting like overprotective parents was not made to prove my point that those articles we're true, how am i supposed to know if its true or not lol more like a lot of Devils fans are denying "no matter what" what they don't want to believe quite often. 

If there's an award on the best poster who's points/posts are ALWAYS misinterpreted. Im winning it hands down and it won't be even close. un-real.

The smoke is always coming from the same source, which is the Post. Meanwhile, TG almost always shoots them down. Last year the Post was dead wrong and Vanderbeek became the main owner after the Post claimed he would be chased out of town. 

Also, there's a difference between posts being misinterpreted and people just disagreeing. You complain about people being too defensive of the team, but you can be incredibly negative.

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#32 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,918 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 11:50 AM

The smoke is always coming from the same source, which is the Post. Meanwhile, TG almost always shoots them down. Last year the Post was dead wrong and Vanderbeek became the main owner after the Post claimed he would be chased out of town. 

Also, there's a difference between posts being misinterpreted and people just disagreeing. You complain about people being too defensive of the team, but you can be incredibly negative.

not they are often clean off missing the points im making. but anyway, im simply not a homer who's closing his eyes and letting go the stuff homers does, thats the difference. I can be negative but often its simply facing reality and pointing out some facts.

www.SterioDesign.com

#33 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,350 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 01:04 PM

https://m.facebook.c...528250268059024 This needs a caption. Rofl.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users