32 replies to this topic

#1 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 12:26 PM

It's time the Devils rid themselves of Jeff Vanderbeek.

http://www.forbes.co...illion-of-debt/

#2 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 12:35 PM

Why did you even bother to post this?

#3 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,436 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 12:36 PM

He's just reiterating the Post article, it was posted in there for that reason.

Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#4 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,134 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 07:00 PM

I think LD meant to post this rehash in the Rangers thread on HF
Posted Image
Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#5 peteyvegas51

peteyvegas51

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 73 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 07:47 PM

Yawn!

#6 Legion15

Legion15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,848 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 08:48 PM

according to the Post, when are we not in financial trouble?

WtnoJnL.jpg
One Day at a Time

#7 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,717 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 09:00 PM

thanks for posting this...
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#8 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 10:22 AM

The NY POST is one thing Forbes has credibility. Forbes wouldn't print something that's not true IMO. They fact checked the story they didn't copy the NY POST.

#9 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,482 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 10:45 AM

The NY POST is one thing Forbes has credibility. Forbes wouldn't print something that's not true IMO. They fact checked the story they didn't copy the NY POST.

The article said their main source was the Post. Then he claimed other 'sources' that I'm sure are very similar to the 'sources' who claimed financial ruin years ago. Meanwhile, TG, who actually covers the team, has said that the team has several possibilities for minority owners coming in and that the 'missed payment' was non existent.

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#10 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,325 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 10:50 AM

The article said their main source was the Post. Then he claimed other 'sources' that I'm sure are very similar to the 'sources' who claimed financial ruin years ago. Meanwhile, TG, who actually covers the team, has said that the team has several possibilities for minority owners coming in and that the 'missed payment' was non existent.

Those other sources are Craig Carton.

#11 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 12:09 PM

Anybody got the quote from TG about how this is patently untrue and that the team didn't even miss a payment? I'm in the midst of making my rebuttal to the author after he specifically asked me what TG and Bill Daly said was inaccurate about his article.

#12 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,154 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 12:10 PM

So is Forbes like bleachreport now?      Half the comments are the author bickering with commenters.

image-300x225.jpg

| 2012 Season | NJDevs FHL Champion | 2013 Season |
| 2014 Season | 

#13 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,154 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 12:14 PM

Anybody got the quote from TG about how this is patently untrue and that the team didn't even miss a payment? I'm in the midst of making my rebuttal to the author after he specifically asked me what TG and Bill Daly said was inaccurate about his article.

http://blogs.northje...lster_finances/

(Note: To demonstrate the difference in perspective, one individual with knowledge of team finances insisted the Devils didn’t miss a payment or have a deadline for a payment delayed/extended at all and that the team is actually ahead in its payments.) - See more at: http://blogs.northje...h.HNCdJofk.dpuf

image-300x225.jpg

| 2012 Season | NJDevs FHL Champion | 2013 Season |
| 2014 Season | 

#14 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 12:23 PM

http://blogs.northje...lster_finances/

(Note: To demonstrate the difference in perspective, one individual with knowledge of team finances insisted the Devils didn’t miss a payment or have a deadline for a payment delayed/extended at all and that the team is actually ahead in its payments.) - See more at: http://blogs.northje...h.HNCdJofk.dpuf

Thanks. I'm the poster the author asked what part of his article Daly and TG said is untrue, so I posted it.

#15 Steadevils

Steadevils

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 12:35 PM

No financial publication (and I'd argue publication period) has gone from credibility to nonsense faster than Forbes. Forbes was a reliable and well written financial publication a decade ago..Now it is all Top 40, Top 10, Top X slideshows and headline grabbing garbage. It's on it's way to being a Seeking Alpha 2.0. Forbes made the switch from paper to internet by sacrificing it's credibility..Really sad.

"I realized from Day 1 the way I played I'd never be a Gretzky or a Lemieux, well, a Mario I mean. I was never going to be a player to get standing ovations in a visitors' building."

-- Claude Lemieux - May 7, 1999

#16 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 05:53 PM

No financial publication (and I'd argue publication period) has gone from credibility to nonsense faster than Forbes. Forbes was a reliable and well written financial publication a decade ago..Now it is all Top 40, Top 10, Top X slideshows and headline grabbing garbage. It's on it's way to being a Seeking Alpha 2.0. Forbes made the switch from paper to internet by sacrificing it's credibility..Really sad.

I dont read that crap anymore, it's just opinion in print, and that Steve Forbes.....I heard him on CNBC while he filled in for someone in the morning ..all he spewed was his misguided opinion, I really couldn't believe that guy for one second.

#17 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,438 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 11:46 AM

here's a new article about The Devils "in process" of being sold

http://www.thefourth...a/dp130628.html

www.SterioDesign.com

#18 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,424 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 11:53 AM

That article is a mess.    Like taking the body of one mystery story and then quickly (and sloppily) crafting another one around it.

#19 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,438 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 12:09 PM

That article is a mess.    Like taking the body of one mystery story and then quickly (and sloppily) crafting another one around it.

yeah but at the same time something is up. As fans we just tend to in defensive mode as soon theres an article against us. ignore it or call it bullsh!t. It may be but when there's smoke...

www.SterioDesign.com

#20 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,663 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 12:09 PM

Gotta tell you guys that I worked summer school so I may be interested in buying the Devils.

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users