#1 cgb6397

cgb6397

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 12:43 PM

Read Here http://flyers.nhl.co...674673&navid=DL|PHI|home

I guess you could see it coming, I don't see Philly getting any better by this move.
6qf7l3.jpg
"You know my boss, (Lou Lamoriello), we don't throw parades for second place"
-Pete Deboer on the Devils 5th Stanley Cup Final appearence

#2 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,441 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 12:56 PM

One of those guys who had a career year at just the right time (when he went UFA)...he never came close to putting up the point total he did in '06-'07 (95 points...second-highest total was 72). 

Shooting pcts have plummeted the last two seasons. 

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#3 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,124 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 12:58 PM

I'm predicting Briere signs with the Rangers

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#4 njd3b1ink

njd3b1ink

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 12:59 PM

Isn't a great player anymore (still a second liner) but man he is still a big game player. Always seems to get big goals in the playoffs. One of the few flyers I actually like.

#5 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,481 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 01:05 PM

My initial reaction to hearing Briere might get bought out was the Devils should talk to him.  Upon looking at it more, I'm not sure how helpful he really is as a NHL player.  I think it'd be almost impossible to get a "name" like Briere at anything close to a reasonable value.

Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#6 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,430 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 01:08 PM

I'm predicting Briere signs with the Rangers

Same here.

#7 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,615 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 01:09 PM

My initial reaction to hearing Briere might get bought out was the Devils should talk to him.  Upon looking at it more, I'm not sure how helpful he really is as a NHL player.  I think it'd be almost impossible to get a "name" like Briere at anything close to a reasonable value.

There's not a lot of money available this year.  The trouble is instead of money, teams will be giving out years.  So if Briere gets a 3 year deal.. no good.  And also, Dave Isaac reports that he wants to keep his family in South Jersey.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#8 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,401 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 01:10 PM

I won't be surprised if he's here lol 

Edited by ghdi, 20 June 2013 - 01:10 PM.

#9 Brandon

Brandon

Trenton Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,110 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 01:42 PM

I'll take him, so incredibly clutch
25smul5.png

#10 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,200 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 01:42 PM

He'd be alright for a couple years at like $3.5-$4.5M, but he likes cheapshots and I'm not a fan of his.

#11 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,886 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 01:57 PM

I'd take him for a year or two at reasonable money.  Especially if one of or both Clarkson and Elias walk.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#12 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,200 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 01:59 PM

I'd take him for a year or two at reasonable money.  Especially if one of or both Clarkson and Elias walk.

Would def be a good replacement if Clarky walks. If Elias and Clarkson walk, we're screwed, but I seriously doubt that happens.

#13 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,407 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 02:17 PM

I would take a negotiable Briere any day for a two/three year deal.   WE NEED someone of his calibler.

I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#14 peteyvegas51

peteyvegas51

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 81 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 02:26 PM

Always liked him.

#15 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 02:41 PM

I would take a negotiable Briere any day for a two/three year deal. WE NEED someone of his calibler.

He's even worse defensively than Tedenby if you can imagine that. Plus, he takes way too many penalties

#16 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,407 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 02:48 PM

He's even worse defensively than Tedenby if you can imagine that. Plus, he takes way too many penalties

Valid points.  But he has played in systems that were more "run and gun" than our, plus he had Philly goaltenders.

I dont' think he is worse than Teddy, I think if he can adjust to our system of responsibility he would be a great asset as our #2 center and a treasury dishing the puck on the PP.

I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#17 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,886 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 02:49 PM

Impossible.  They're both small, yes, but Briere can't be as clueless as Teddy is.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#18 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,200 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 02:49 PM

Valid points.  But he has played in systems that were more "run and gun" than our, plus he had Philly goaltenders.

I dont' think he is worse than Teddy, I think if he can adjust to our system of responsibility he would be a great asset as our #2 center and a treasury dishing the puck on the PP.

I agree, he'd be a fine Clarkson replacement on the PP and as a 2nd line guy. I just don't like him as a player, but besides that, he'd be an ok band-aid.

#19 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,401 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 02:50 PM

That's a bit of an overstatement. At least he scores more than Tedenby and that's something we desperately need. Aside from this year and the times he's been injured, he's been a pretty steady performer offensively. Would you rather have Tedenby or Briere regularly? Briere's defense is crap though. There's no arguing that.

I'd be okay with him coming on board provided the price and years is right (1-2) and more as a 2nd or 3rd choice. I don't think 30-40 points out of him would be a stretch as long as he's relatively healthy. He's gonna miss a few games over the season, but if we could get 65-70 games out of him, he could be a good pickup. Again, its dependent on terms.

#20 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,337 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 02:54 PM

I want no part of him on our team. He's declining badly.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award
believe2.jpg

www.numerartovertag.wordpress.com - An NHL Blog (in Swedish)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users