roomtemp

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 685 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:06 PM

http://sports.yahoo....-165249387.html

40/1 for your New Jersey Devils

Edited by roomtemp, 25 June 2013 - 01:21 PM.

#2 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,295 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:51 PM

need to see where the devils offseason takes them. if they keep elias and pick up at least one legit top 6 guy, that's a good buy.

i put $50 on them before last year at 50/1 which was a tremendous buy because they just looked at the past year and didn't think about parise's contribution.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#3 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,887 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:52 PM

Pittsburgh favored. Unbelievable, hahaha....

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#4 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,912 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:07 PM

Pittsburgh favored. Unbelievable, hahaha....

how's that possible? lol they couldnt even win a conference final game with an almost dream team. Fair to say they won't have a team as good next season.

www.SterioDesign.com

#5 roomtemp

roomtemp

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 685 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:24 PM

how's that possible? lol they couldnt even win a conference final game with an almost dream team. Fair to say they won't have a team as good next season.

Because they are the sexy pick. The odds in Vegas is not always about who truely is the most likely to win at this point and time in the odds maker's eyes but to also make money. They know alot of people are going to put money on the Penguins among other teams so they give them odds where they won't have to pay off too much.

#6 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,573 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 04:04 PM

fvck the penguins
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#7 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,070 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 04:14 PM

These are just a bunch of bookie's guesses and that's it.  I really do not know why people get bent out of shape every time these are released.

Plus I rather have the Devils be the underdog anyways.

#8 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,026 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 01:27 PM

I'm honestly surprised they aren't lower near Florida at like 90/1.

There is A LOT of uncertainty about this team entering next year.  I'd love to see them make the playoffs but I'm expecting the worst, in all honesty.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#9 DH26

DH26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,730 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 03:54 PM

The Pens as favorites make sense. They have 2 of the top 5 centers in the league and conceivably are a good bet to jettison MAF and presumably keep Letang and the Iginla/Morrow/Murray errors will be gone I'd think too. Guys like Bennett and some of the young defenseman like Despres can play permanently. I don't think it's otu of the realm they could be better

Follow Me on Twitter @mtorino75 I Need Followers!

Visit My Devils Blog! www.theTrapezoidConspiracy.com
Rutgers-New Brunswick '11, Rutgers School of Law-Newark '14

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users