31 replies to this topic

#21 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,871 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:07 AM

from rockland county NY here.. became a devils fan when i was 5. My father also originally from ny as well but not lives in bergen county nj is a manager for a&p and his vendors such as coke pepsi etc. would throw him free tickets to all different sporting events. Well the first devils game he took me to (mean while my father is not much of a sports person) the seats were great as they always were only a few rows off the glass and i was instantly hooked as a small kid.. loved every second of the fast paced action.. which led me to begging to go to more games led me to playing hockey for a couple years.. One memory ill never forget i was sitting on the glass one game probably 10-11 years old and elias got checked right in front of me caught me not paying attention scared the hell out of me.. but being that close to the players was a whole nother experience.
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#22 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,367 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:09 PM

I'm 13 months and from just outside NE Philly.   All of my friends are Flyers fans, the people from daycare host Flyers day, my neighbors have orange hockey nets and their sticks are scribbled with garbage (Flyers).    When I see them playing, I like to carry a broom into the action... my way of saying the Devs are going to sweep the season series.

This was a pic on my way to my first game in January when we beat the Caps in OT...  I had less hair then because I was pissed at my dad for not bringing me to Flyers game where we shut them out 3-0...  :P

gallery_186_172_47979.jpg

image-300x225.jpg

| 2012 Season | NJDevs FHL Champion | 2013 Season |
| 2014 Season | 

#23 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,871 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:51 PM

cute kid lol startin young i like it
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#24 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,367 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 01:21 PM

Thankie.   

And me?   I was from Toms River.   I got into the Devils as my first girlfriend took me to the game against Dallas on October 12, 1996... we lost 4-2.  We had seats on the glass; it was awesome.   Before that I was a casual hockey fan, much as I would say I'm a Phillies fan (but I think I can name like two players on the team).  But only if Mike Schmidt's two bad knees count.

image-300x225.jpg

| 2014 Season | 

#25 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,172 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 01:22 PM

That little guy looks pissssssseeeddddd

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#26 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,367 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 01:57 PM

That little guy looks pissssssseeeddddd

Still fuming he missed the Flyers game.

image-300x225.jpg

| 2014 Season | 

#27 iceowl14

iceowl14

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 02:21 PM

I always liked hockey from watching the mighty ducks as a young boy, however never fully followed it because hockey does not have as big a-following in the UK. I picked hockey back up by joining my university hockey team as a beginner and needed a jersey and a team to support so checked on ebay for hockey jerseys, the top result (and IMO best logo design) was NJD. As soon as I clicked the buy button, I was straight onto the Devils website, wikipedia, anything to do with them and learnt as much histoy as possible.

So I guess, I loved the design and then love the history of the organisation and players.

Always proud to wear my Sheffield Wednesday shirt underneath my Devils jersey :thumbsup:

Twitter: @IceOwl14

#28 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,369 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 02:48 PM

It was 1993/1994-ish, I was 7 or 8. Everyone collected hockey cards and picked teams, which was kinda funny when you think about it because all we saw was condensed highlights on TV. Anyways, I (and I alone) chose the Devils. Why? Cool logo and they were getting good at the time. 1995 was huge, even though I didn't see a second of live TV, nor can I recall anything except reading the results on TV text.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award

#29 Aitchmack

Aitchmack

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 04:27 PM

Another tale of randomness from over the pond in the UK!

Way back in the mid to late seventies (yes, I'm old) when the UK only had three TV channels there used to be a program every saturday afternoon called World of Sport. This program used to run through a few highlights of tha major sporting events from around the world. So, from the USA we'd get  the  very brief clips of Nascar, NFL, NBA, MLB & some hockey. I loved the MLB and NFL but it was the ice hockey that really made an impression on me. I guess it was the combination of skill, speed and the physical that caught my eye. The only real alternative in the UK was soccer so I followed that.

Jump forward a decade or so  and the NFL started to get shown in depth over here and I became probably the only Green Bay fan to start supporting the team because they we're so bad it was comical. Jump forward another decade and I was trying to find a game I could play with my soccer hating son on his Xbox when I remembered watching ice hockey on tv all those years ago, so went and bought one of the NHL 2K games. Chosing a team was just a case of flicking through the teams until I saw one  I liked and the Devils were that team. From playing the game I fell in love with the team and scoured the internet for info (and found this site among others) and soon realised I could watch the games on the internet and I've probably only missed about ten games over that last four seasons.

Now my seven year old daughter watches games with me whenever they're on early enough and frequently tries to sneak down late at night to watch games. She wants to know why I can't take her to a Devils game and can't understand why Pavel Datsyuk (who she thinks is the greatest player in the world) doesn't want to play for the Devils.

What else is there to say? Ah yes..........Go Devils!!!!!

#30 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,624 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:14 PM

I bleed red and black now, and I no longer care for Australian sports, hockey is in my blood.

Do you watch any Australian hockey? Sometimes if I'm up late at night I'll check the AIHL website to see if there's any games being streamed. The Melbourne Ice offer live video streaming for free and a couple other teams have audio-only streams.
Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

AHLFans.net - American Hockey League fan forums

#31 newjerseydamo

newjerseydamo

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 04:44 AM

Do you watch any Australian hockey? Sometimes if I'm up late at night I'll check the AIHL website to see if there's any games being streamed. The Melbourne Ice offer live video streaming for free and a couple other teams have audio-only streams.

I've been to a couple of live games, but to be honest, whilst it is hockey, the quality just isn't there. I've even screamed at the refs for screwing up basic hockey calls. I am extremely spoiled by NHL hockey, and would love to live in an area of USA/Canada with a minor league team and NHL team for more high quality hockey.

"Music is my mistress, and she plays second fiddle to none." "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
jerseys3.png

#32 vadvlfan

vadvlfan

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,643 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 06:13 AM

I always liked hockey from watching the mighty ducks as a young boy, however never fully followed it because hockey does not have as big a-following in the UK. I picked hockey back up by joining my university hockey team as a beginner and needed a jersey and a team to support so checked on ebay for hockey jerseys, the top result (and IMO best logo design) was NJD. As soon as I clicked the buy button, I was straight onto the Devils website, wikipedia, anything to do with them and learnt as much histoy as possible.

So I guess, I loved the design and then love the history of the organisation and players.

Always proud to wear my Sheffield Wednesday shirt underneath my Devils jersey :thumbsup:

I've called /talked to Cardiff Devils folks and going to buy t-shirt, but had issue w/ my card @ the time, and for some reason didn't pursue it. They had a player on their team that played in Dev's farm system for a few years. Name was Max. 

"Never make someone a priority when all you are to them is an option" - M.A.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users