89 replies to this topic

#81 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,099 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 12:26 PM

3 years is ugly!!  Zubes has been a great player, but he is OLD!

hes getting up there but he isnt that old.. 35? obviously his last contract with us ... just concerned about him staying healthy thats all, dont think his play has noticeably dropped off much?
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#82 njd3b1ink

njd3b1ink

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 973 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 12:35 PM

I know TG quoted this on Twitter, but the actual quote Lou said was when asked about a team need for more offense: Well, we have to look into free agency, there’s no question and get our players signed simultaneously. But we’ll do whatever we can to make us better.”

The radio silence from Briere versus the cavalcade of suitors for Lecavalier seems telling..

Are you suggesting that we have been talking to Briere? I'm pretty sure his agent said he would have his "short list" by tomorrow (Tuesday)

EDIT: and on topic with Zubie, the guy does all the little things right. Sure he doesn't produce points like a top 6 guy but he's one of those guys every winning team needs on their roster. Very happy to have the mix master back.

Edited by njd3b1ink, 01 July 2013 - 12:38 PM.

#83 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,360 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 01:30 PM

hes getting up there but he isnt that old.. 35? obviously his last contract with us ... just concerned about him staying healthy thats all, dont think his play has noticeably dropped off much?

On the contrary, before last season (because of the injury, we didn't see that much), I've seen him trending upward. I think he's looked noticeably better on a yearly basis. He's looked quicker on the rush and stronger on the puck than I remember him being 3-4 years ago.

#84 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,776 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 02:40 PM

one of those players that creates goals everytime he's on the ice. forces the defense to work hard, steps off and a goal comes. You won't see him on the score sheet but he's responsible for most of the goals, love his work.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#85 DevilNurn

DevilNurn

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,129 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 05:04 PM

Glad he's back. May have overpaid a little but I've never complained about him, hard worker and big body.

#86 CaptainRafalski

CaptainRafalski

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 05:23 PM

Zubrus dominated along the boards and kept so many plays alive during cup run . He got hurt last year but I have no problem seeing a return to the 2011 form.

#87 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,004 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 05:50 PM

Glad he is staying and for a reasonable price, as others have mentioned we missed his ridiculous play along the boards when he was hurt.

#88 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,939 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 07:52 PM

Must have been a pretty good Twitter source that TG had.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#89 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,683 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 11:53 PM

Glad he is staying and for a reasonable price, as others have mentioned we missed his ridiculous play along the boards when he was hurt.

Which is a reason im worried about clarkson leaving, no one could get and keep control of the puck like him behind the net... Of course he was not making anything smart with it most of the time lol but as long the puck is behind the net of the opposing team.. Hes not in our net u know...

www.SterioDesign.com

#90 EdgeControl

EdgeControl

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 07:04 AM

Which is a reason im worried about clarkson leaving, no one could get and keep control of the puck like him behind the net... Of course he was not making anything smart with it most of the time lol but as long the puck is behind the net of the opposing team.. Hes not in our net u know...

his passing off the deep cycle improved drasticly under deboer. he keeps his head up now and feeds the point. horrible at taking the blue line pass on the breakout, and a theatrical flopper, lol, but I will miss his heart and big goals. hope he does well

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users