32 replies to this topic

#21 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,179 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 01:40 PM

so St-Louis will get the C i would assume ? 

www.SterioDesign.com

#22 NJDevils1214

NJDevils1214

All-Star

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 01:48 PM

so St-Louis will get the C i would assume ? 

I would hope so. He is one of my all time favorite players.

815631765.gif

#23 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,757 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 02:21 PM

I would hope so. He is one of my all time favorite players.

Since hitting his stride in 2002-03, he's put up 817 points (302 goals and 515 assists) in 779 games played...in the Dead Puck Era, no less.  Number of regular season games missed in that time?  Seven.  He has played in all of his team's games in 8 out of the last 10 seasons.  Guy really has had a special career. 

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#24 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,179 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 02:26 PM

Since hitting his stride in 2002-03, he's put up 817 points (302 goals and 515 assists) in 779 games played...in the Dead Puck Era, no less.  Number of regular season games missed in that time?  Seven.  He has played in all of his team's games in 8 out of the last 10 seasons.  Guy really has had a special career. 

and he owes it all to Lecavalier. He's the one who got him a training camp invite as an undrafted player in Tampa. At some point they were both saying that they wanted to play their whole career together. It must be a really really though moment for them now.

which brings me back to a point i made awhile ago. And obviously its easy for me to say being just a regular guy but obviously when you can get a top of the line contract and long term. Personally i'd sign somewhere where i want to be and sign to a modest cap hit. Its still a lottttt of money but then we saw the stress and the trouble you get into if you don't live up to it. Fans turns against you. youre always stressed of being bought out or before to be sent in the AHL etc etc... again its easy for me to say but still.

Edited by SterioDesign, 27 June 2013 - 02:33 PM.

www.SterioDesign.com

#25 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,361 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 02:35 PM

and he owes it all to Lecavalier. He's the one who got him a training camp invite as an undrafted player in Tampa. At some point they were both saying that they wanted to play their whole career together. It must be a really really though moment for them now.

which brings me back to a point i made awhile ago. And obviously its easy for me to say being just a regular guy but obviously when you can get a top of the line contract and long term. Personally i'd sign somewhere where i want to be and sign to a modest cap hit. Its still a lottttt of money but then we saw the stress and the trouble you get into if you don't live up to it. Fans turns against you. youre always stressed of being bought out or before to be sent in the AHL etc etc... again its easy for me to say but still.

If I thought I could negotiate a $85M contract over 11 years, I would do it in a heartbeat. I could care less who hates me after that. See ya on my private island, NOT, it's private biotch! lol.

#26 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,757 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 03:08 PM

You are right in that he was undrafted, but he got his start with the Flames. 

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#27 BlueSkirt

BlueSkirt

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,846 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 05:34 PM

But our #4 is retired  :ninja:

44 ?

#28 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,179 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 05:39 PM

You are right in that he was undrafted, but he got his start with the Flames. 

yeah i know i should have been more clear. "to the point and where he is now and raised his family and all" is because Lecavalier got him his invite after Calgary dropped him. God knows if he would have played again in the NHL after that. Its a great story

www.SterioDesign.com

#29 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,086 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 08:31 PM

44 ?

I'd prefer 24 ;)

#30 RizzMB30

RizzMB30

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 902 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:37 PM

It's a shame his contract was so long and bloated....he still puts up pretty good numbers, 32 points in 39 this season(?).  I would call that a damn productive 3rd or 2nd line center.  I'm jumping on the "Dick move, Tampa." train.  

This fan will never forget Scott Stevens.

believe-ll.jpgbelieve-devs.jpg

#31 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,874 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:55 PM

well dude... if thats all it takes to make you happy... the 2 min it took me to do this was worth it.... haha
vinnyNJ_zps9337729b.jpg

we will never see this although i could dig it.. as someone else said maybe the leafs will look to go towards him now and releave some of the desire they claim to have on our boy clarky
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#32 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,179 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 07:13 AM

we will never see this although i could dig it.. as someone else said maybe the leafs will look to go towards him now and releave some of the desire they claim to have on our boy clarky

I said that haha

www.SterioDesign.com

#33 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,436 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 08:24 AM

Unless you are planning on getting Marty St. Louis to play along side him in NJ, Vinny is pretty worthless and a cap killer.

I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users