#1 msweet

msweet

The Voice of Reason

• Admin
  • 8,862 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 03:23 PM

I almost cried when I read this..

Messier Leaves Rangers

"I am resigning my position with the Team to pursue an opportunity to expand the game of hockey in the New York area by developing the Kingsbridge National Ice Center"

http://rangers.nhl.c...s.htm?id=675496

Follow me on Twitter @MSweetwood

"Quite frankly, all the players are getting paid too much and all the contracts are too long," general manager Lou Lamoriello said. "But if you want to compete in this market and you want to win, there are some things you have to do."

#2 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,518 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 03:24 PM

I liked where he said it had nothing to do with not being selected as the coach....so if Messier had been selected as the coach I guess he'd be resigning now anyway to run this youth program?

Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#3 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,716 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 03:26 PM

What a fvcking jerk-off.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#4 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,377 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 03:27 PM

I almost cried when I read this..

Messier Leaves Rangers

"I am resigning my position with the Team to pursue an opportunity to expand the game of hockey in the New York area by developing the Kingsbridge National Ice Center"

http://rangers.nhl.c...s.htm?id=675496

Translation: 1994 was almost 20 years ago, I have to say something about something in order to stay relevant.

mk6ihcS.gif?1

#5 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,151 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 03:31 PM

I just feel so bad for him.  Poor guy must've had his wittle feeling hurt when his completely and totally inexperienced ass was passed over for a veteran coach.

What a whiny baby, good riddance you primadonna. 

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#6 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,262 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 03:43 PM

Messier+Crying.jpg

#7 DH26

DH26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,730 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 03:49 PM

maybe he can finally move out to easter island now

Follow Me on Twitter @mtorino75 I Need Followers!

Visit My Devils Blog! www.theTrapezoidConspiracy.com
Rutgers-New Brunswick '11, Rutgers School of Law-Newark '14

#8 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,187 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 04:03 PM

Yea I'm sure that's it. The pull of the kinsbride whatchamacallit center was just too much to give up that position as Assistant to the President of the Rangers.

he was butthurt. So he took his ball and went home

Edited by '7', 27 June 2013 - 04:04 PM.

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#9 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,005 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 04:12 PM

Yea I'm sure that's it. The pull of the kinsbride whatchamacallit center was just too much to give up that position as Assistant to the President of the Rangers.

he was butthurt. So he took his ball and went home

Like a true leader.

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#10 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,210 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 05:30 PM

This just made my day.. I'm doin' shots!

Edited by Colin226, 27 June 2013 - 05:31 PM.

Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#11 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,429 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 06:37 PM

I'm kind of disappointed.   Sather's foresight to exile him keeps him from being coach or GM and ruining.. I mean, running the team.

#12 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,828 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:02 PM

fvckin old Easter egg head.... oh boy oh boy
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#13 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,377 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:06 PM

111307messier.jpg

The youth hockey thing is a cover. He's actually traveling to his private island to finalize his plans to take over the world!

Edited by CarpathianForest, 27 June 2013 - 11:07 PM.

mk6ihcS.gif?1

#14 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,151 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 07:37 AM

Just read up on his 'legacy' with the Canucks, had no idea.

I didn't think it was possible to think less of this piece of sh!t than I already did, but I proved myself wrong here.  What an absolute loser.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#15 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,435 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 08:21 AM

Would not be surprised to see him join the Islanders prior to the Barclay Center move.

Edited by MantaRay, 28 June 2013 - 08:21 AM.

I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#16 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,531 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 08:38 AM

I didn't think it was possible to think less of this piece of sh!t than I already did, but I proved myself wrong here.  What an absolute loser.

Holy crap, I never knew about any of this. They really hate him, and rightfully so.  What a scumbag.

#17 Vic Rattlehead18

Vic Rattlehead18

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 08:45 AM

Lol I forgot about him being on the canucks. NOW I remember where my canuck hatred started haha. Man was he terrible on that team.

Devils.

#18 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 08:57 AM

You can't help but laugh when reading this headline.  I mean, he actually is veign enough to think that he was the best person to take over a young team with intense pressure to win the Stanley Cup despite the fact that he hasn't coached a single game, on any level, in his entire life.  Then, when Sather actually does the right thing for the good of that franchise, instead of asking to be put into consideration as an Assistant on Vigneault's staff, or getting the AHL job (which I'm sure Sather would have given him) so he can begin to learn how to actually coach a team, he takes his ball and runs home like a little bitch.

Like another poster said earlier - what a great "leader" this clown is!  

Posted Image

#19 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,721 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 09:10 AM

http://hfboards.hock...d.php?t=1385597

Douche.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#20 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,262 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 09:11 AM

Messier's ego has always been a thing of legend and his actions during his time with the Canucks is a perfect example of his arrogance.

I would love for the Rags fans to start turning on him.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users