#1 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,900 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 10:56 AM

http://www.forbes.co...ndrew-barraway/

“Recently, the Club was able to arrange a significant infusion of debt capital ($30 million) from an investor that is interested in purchasing the the Club from Vanderbeek. We understand from League officials that the new investor, Andrew Barraway, is currently negotiating with Vanderbeek and thier expectation is that either Barroway or another ownership group will end up owning the team within the next 120 days or so.”

The above quote is quoting an NHLPA memo.

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#2 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,471 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 11:00 AM

Apparently this guy tried to buy the 76'ers back in 2006, so I guess he's always wanted to own a sports team.

Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#3 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,618 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 11:06 AM

Instead of having a high class huckster for an owner, we'll have a high class ambulance chaser for an owner.  That's how Peter Angelos made his money, so not a big deal I suppose.

Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#4 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 11:07 AM

Always wary of mystery memos that can be quoted in length but not produced.   Would be typical of this story for it to be totally dead air.

Not that I necessarily want it to be.    Anyways, if $30M was accepted, the road to bust-out begins.

#5 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,511 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 11:10 AM

Haha that article is riddled with typos, but if this guy was unable to raise the capital to buy the 76ers, how is he going to run this team that needs a ton of debt paid down?

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#6 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,471 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 11:11 AM

Tg has it now too.

http://blogs.northje...evils/#comments

A group headed by South Jersey attorney Andrew Barroway is in negotiations to take over controlling interest of ownership of the New Jersey Devils, a source confirmed to The Record today.

Edited by Devils731, 28 June 2013 - 11:11 AM.

Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#7 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 11:14 AM

Haha that article is riddled with typos, but if this guy was unable to raise the capital to buy the 76ers, how is he going to run this team that needs a ton of debt paid down?

Run it into bankruptcy by loaning JVB money he can't pay back?   Then buy it out of bankruptcy?   Dunno.   Whoever buys this team is going to have to put it into bankruptcy.

The timetable for the completion of the sale has been estimated between a week or two and four months. - See more at: http://blogs.northje...evils/#comments

This reminds me of the time the weatherman told me to expect between 1 to 12 inches of snow

Edited by maxpower, 28 June 2013 - 11:13 AM.

#8 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,511 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 11:15 AM

Run it into bankruptcy by loaning JVB money he can't pay back?   Then buy it out of bankruptcy?   Dunno.   Whoever buys this team is going to have to put it into bankruptcy.

I mean, if they have $230M in outstanding debt, I think that's about the value of the team and the arena, so I don't see why Vanderbeek can't basically sell pieces of the team for nothing and have the debt serviced that way.  Then again, I'm mostly ignorant of these things in general.

Would be sort of amusing if Vanderbeek was kept on as the Devils' equivalent of Jay-Z.

Edited by Triumph, 28 June 2013 - 11:16 AM.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#9 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,981 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 11:16 AM

This appears to be good news.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#10 Jerzey Devil

Jerzey Devil

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 956 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 11:17 AM

I'm kind of ready for the ownership issues to be over with already. I'm tired of hearing about them. If VBK can't afford this team on his own then sell already. As long as they keep the team in New Jersey and are stable enough with their finances, I don't really care who owns the team.

#11 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 11:19 AM

I mean, if they have $230M in outstanding debt, I think that's about the value of the team and the arena, so I don't see why Vanderbeek can't basically sell pieces of the team for nothing and have the debt serviced that way.  Then again, I'm mostly ignorant of these things in general.

Would be sort of amusing if Vanderbeek was kept on as the Devils' equivalent of Jay-Z.

I don't think he can sell for no money, unless he's taking a salary.    He'd probably be leaving himself penniless.

#12 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,776 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 11:28 AM

ssssooooooo....... this is a good thing?  I am assuming so.

#13 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,181 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 11:29 AM

Damn Kosman was all over this! lolz.. Can't wait to see how much Devils bashing gets thrown into his piece, and/or his excuse for his amazing insiders not giving him the scoop on this one first

Edited by Colin226, 28 June 2013 - 11:30 AM.

Posted Image
Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#14 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,838 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 12:06 PM

So..as others have said, this is a good thing, right?

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#15 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 12:09 PM

I mean, if they have $230M in outstanding debt, I think that's about the value of the team and the arena, so I don't see why Vanderbeek can't basically sell pieces of the team for nothing and have the debt serviced that way. Then again, I'm mostly ignorant of these things in general.

230 mill in outstanding debt? Where did you get that figure?

I think jvb has paid down much of the original debt - which was at 230 mill.

Edited by devlman, 28 June 2013 - 10:31 PM.

#16 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 12:09 PM

Don't even know if it's real.    So, it's hard to say either way.    I give Forbes more credit than Kosman but it's pretty much just an internet rag now.   And the editing on that story is fugly.   I still think JVB rides the train into bankruptcy during the 14-15 season like the original debtwire story made it out to be... until anything else actually happens.

Edited by maxpower, 28 June 2013 - 12:11 PM.

#17 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,780 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 02:14 PM

Hope they don't turn the team into a superstar buy team, as long as the reins are with Lou and scouts, more money no problems.

Don't even know if it's real.    So, it's hard to say either way.    I give Forbes more credit than Kosman but it's pretty much just an internet rag now.   And the editing on that story is fugly.   I still think JVB rides the train into bankruptcy during the 14-15 season like the original debtwire story made it out to be... until anything else actually happens.

It's real, TG said the sources confirmed to the Record. He doesn't post rumors from other places.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#18 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,981 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 01:24 PM

Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice
A short follow-up from yesterday on Andrew Barroway group and share of Devils they might buy. Could be controlling interest, could be less.

Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice now
A lot of moving parts and possible other partner(s) involved. Vanderbeek still a factor in that.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#19 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,713 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 01:31 PM

this seems to be good news. If anything happen and put back the Devils on track with enough money to be able to pull off moves. How i wish it would have happened like a month ago so that Lou has full control of the situation as much as he could. Must be hard to follow when you have an internal budget

www.SterioDesign.com

#20 vadvlfan

vadvlfan

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,591 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 02:10 PM

this seems to be good news. If anything happen and put back the Devils on track with enough money to be able to pull off moves. How i wish it would have happened like a month ago so that Lou has full control of the situation as much as he could. Must be hard to follow when you have an internal budget

I don't think Lou has been hampered by any of this. (good times or bad) Lou and UFA's typically don't agree on "their" perceived value. " If someone else is willing to pay you that?.... go for bit. (Martin,Gionta, Gomer,Driver) 

"Never make someone a priority when all you are to them is an option" - M.A.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users