22 replies to this topic

#21 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,698 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 02:45 PM

I don't think Lou has been hampered by any of this. (good times or bad) Lou and UFA's typically don't agree on "their" perceived value. " If someone else is willing to pay you that?.... go for bit. (Martin,Gionta, Gomer,Driver) 

so another misinterpreted post lol sigh... i'm on a roll really

what i meant is that Lou doesnt may not have the financial ability to throw bonuses or structure offers in a way that other teams can do with very deep pocket like Minny did for Parise and Sutter for example. Or even really offer the offer he would want because of those financial instability. OR even set up deals and be able to fill your cap. Actually just that he can't spend to the cap is huge in term of factoring your decisions and offers to UFAs or make trades. You always have the owners breathing down your neck and you need to keep it on budget.

Edited by SterioDesign, 29 June 2013 - 02:47 PM.

www.SterioDesign.com

#22 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,758 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 03:05 PM

Even with the way Minnesota structured their deal for parise I wouldn't want that contract along with Kovys contract.

Parise's contract will be killer for them in a couple of years

#23 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 03:31 PM

Even with the way Minnesota structured their deal for parise I wouldn't want that contract along with Kovys contract.

Parise's contract will be killer for them in a couple of years

It's killer for them now.   They have to hand over $20M cash on Monday.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users