341 replies to this topic

#21 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,108 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 06:16 PM

I'm just really concerned about where we're going to find offense. Everyone here knows deep down inside Lou is not going to get Briere, Vinny or Horton. We'll have two straight years of 30 goal scorers skipping town and Lou will do zilch to address it.

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#22 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,183 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 06:16 PM

People complain when we don't address the goaltending, now they complain when we do lol. Glad the crowd didn't feel the same way as some of you, especially since we only gave up one unproven chip. Talk about a troll moment, nobody had this as a remote possibility and Lou keeps it under wraps when it's agreed to last night lol
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#23 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,108 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 06:17 PM

I'm sorry, but no mater how good a prospect may be, you can't "pencil them in" for anything. Schneider has proven himself in the NHL. And if you want to talk about needs for this team, yeah a few goals will help this year more than a backup tender, but for the next ten years, we've extended what's made us such a successful team in the past, goal tending and defense.

We're not guaranteed to have him past the next two seasons.

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#24 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 9,942 posts

Anyone who has anything bad to say about this trade is off their goddamned rocker. Steal, robbery of a trade for a number one goaltender who makes an immediate, and large, impact on the ability of this team to compete.

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#25 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,366 posts

I'm sorry, but no mater how good a prospect may be, you can't "pencil them in" for anything. Schneider has proven himself in the NHL. And if you want to talk about needs for this team, yeah a few goals will help this year more than a backup tender, but for the next ten years, we've extended what's made us such a successful team in the past, goal tending and defense.

I wouldn't be so sure Schneider is locked into the backup role.  Marty can't be inked in as the clear-cut #1, especially with a guy like Schnieder on the team.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#26 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,368 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 06:19 PM

Its like some of you have never watched Cory play, the guy is remarkable and in his prime.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#27 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,534 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 06:19 PM

I'm 50/50 on this trade. It clearly addresses a need, but I thought for sure we were going with nichushkin when he fell to us. Shocked sitting there when Bettman announced it.

I don't like trading such a high pick for a goalie in today's game. Plus, he is not a top 5 goalie like someone referred to earlier. However, he is an upgrade and provides stability going forward.
Posted Image

#28 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,663 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 06:21 PM

Awful, I'm sorry. The only way this makes sense if the deal was already done and Lou couldn't pull back when Nishushkin was available. However good Schneider may be, he can't score goals. And I also note that Marty has yet to be heard from. We, in effect traded a guy who you could pencil in for 20 goals this year, for a goalie who will play 30 games this year, and might be gone the year after next if Lou does his usual mo contract talks until the very end.

This is Jets taking Kyle Brady bad. This is where Lou finally lost it.
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#29 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts

Daniel finally lost it here. Smh. Got our goalie!!

Edited by CarterforPresident, 30 June 2013 - 06:22 PM.

#30 caron14

caron14

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,405 posts

In two year we will lock him to a good contract... we trade for him we are willing to pay hm and he knows he will be a firt goalie for years to come... So no question for me it a good move :)

#31 Revan

Revan

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 06:22 PM

Awful, I'm sorry. The only way this makes sense if the deal was already done and Lou couldn't pull back when Nishushkin was available. However good Schneider may be, he can't score goals. And I also note that Marty has yet to be heard from. We, in effect traded a guy who you could pencil in for 20 goals this year, for a goalie who will play 30 games this year, and might be gone the year after next if Lou does his usual mo contract talks until the very end.

This is Jets taking Kyle Brady bad. This is where Lou finally lost it.

You should really check out some Vancouver boards, man. People there are jumping off bridges, that city is all about "Luongo vs. Schneider" and that's what it's been like for the last two years. They expected to get a 1st, a prospect and a roster player for Schneider (not to mention, everyone would rather trade Luongo and stick to Cory). This is the trade of the draft and everyone's talking about how the Canucks got robbed. Lou just fixed our goaltending situation with one move (and without sacrificing any players). If you think this is easy, take a look at the Flyers and how they haven't been able to make one good goalie move in like 20 years.

Edited by Revan, 30 June 2013 - 06:23 PM.

#32 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 06:22 PM

We're not guaranteed to have him past the next two seasons.

Posts like this are so fvcking stupid. When and if he proves what a fantastic addition he is to the team, we will re-sign him. Was it stupid of Edmonton to offer a first, second, and prospect? This is a very, very good trade. It addresses a NEED, and it's the swap of a "could-be" prospect with an established, young NHL goaltender in his prime.

Posted Image

#33 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,663 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 06:24 PM

Daniel is awful here. Smh. Got our goalie!!

When he's gone after next year and Nishuskin is scoring 40 goals a year, don't say I didn't tell you so.

But at least this will test Tri's theory about save percentage.
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#34 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,427 posts

He's the starting goalie, and if he isn't, he'll be it pretty quickly.   There is a huge gap between 27 year old Corey Schneider and 41 year old Marty Brodeur.

#35 bobilly45

bobilly45

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts

How does any sane devils fan not like this move.  Lou made out like a bandit and proved why he is the best gm in hockey. 

#36 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,108 posts

Posts like this are so fvcking stupid. When and if he proves what a fantastic addition he is to the team, we will re-sign him. Was it stupid of Edmonton to offer a first, second, and prospect? This is a very, very good trade. It addresses a NEED, and it's the swap of a "could-be" prospect with an established, young NHL goaltender in his prime.

Oh I'm sorry. I forgot about your time machine that sent you three years into the future. How dumb of me. New Jersey has a tremendous track record of signing UFAs to extensions.

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#37 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 06:25 PM

When he's gone after next year and Nishuskin is scoring 40 goals a year, don't say I didn't tell you so.

But at least this will test Tri's theory about save percentage.

You're a real negative son of a bitch, you know that?

Posted Image

#38 brickwall30

brickwall30

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 483 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 06:25 PM

106431456_std.jpg

Welcome to Jersey kid!

This IS the team you're looking for

#39 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 06:26 PM

I'm not overly crazy about the trade itself, just because years of neglect built up into this happening, but the actual swap, they eliminated one of their biggest holes.   

#40 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 06:26 PM

Oh I'm sorry. I forgot about your time machine that sent you three years into the future. How dumb of me. New Jersey has a tremendous track record of signing UFAs to extensions.

My time machine? You said he was gone in two years. You've always looked for reasons to bitch and moan, this is just another excuse because you weren't hugged enough as a child.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users