#1 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,378 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 09:04 PM

wow that was a great moment

got his name called by Marty at the table and his jersey handed to him from Marty too. What a great moment for the family especially in NJ.

hope some of you guys got to catch it too

Edited by SterioDesign, 30 June 2013 - 09:04 PM.

www.SterioDesign.com

#2 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,607 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 09:06 PM

Amazing.

#3 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,004 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 09:09 PM

Absolutely amazing moment.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#4 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,925 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 09:09 PM

Looking forward to seeing the highlights of this.  Kid probably won't ever make it, but the moment makes it worth it...I'm sure it meant a lot to Marty.  Scary, I remember when Anthony's baby photo was shown during a Devils game not so long ago (or so it seems)...time goes so damned fast...

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#5 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 09:10 PM

WOW!

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#6 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,262 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 09:12 PM

Hope this kid proves he is a solid goalie. As a few people have said in the past, this isn't baseball where every family member of a person in the organization is drafted somewhere within the 50 rounds. The NHL only has 7 rounds, so this isn't very common. It's an absolutely great moment for the outside viewer and for Martt,  but I hope this motivates him anymore and is a positive for him. He's prob spent his whole life playing hockey with people bugging him about his dad being better than him (or you'll never be close to his father). He's definitely going to hear now that he was only drafted because the Devils felt bad or because of his father.

Not trying to sound negative, but this moment could really be a downer for him too. 

Edited by devilsrule33, 30 June 2013 - 09:13 PM.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#7 capo

capo

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 866 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 09:13 PM

I remember him coming out donning his Marty gear during an intermission one time.  Marty stayed and watched instead of going directly into the room with the team.

#8 DH26

DH26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,730 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 09:14 PM

I remember Brodeur getting the A and the other initials on his helmet. Crazy even if he never makes it, at least they appeased Marty w/ them getting Schneider (even if Marty damn well better be teh backup next year lol)

Follow Me on Twitter @mtorino75 I Need Followers!

Visit My Devils Blog! www.theTrapezoidConspiracy.com
Rutgers-New Brunswick '11, Rutgers School of Law-Newark '14

#9 GoArmySports

GoArmySports

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 09:16 PM

Any video of this?

#10 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,257 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 09:22 PM

Please please please let there be video of this.

rsz_2ru-uc9709.jpg

Rutgers:  The Birthplace of College Football

First B1G Season: 7-5

#11 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,093 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 09:26 PM

It was on NHL network. There will be stuff on YouTube tomorrow I'm sure
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#12 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,961 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 09:30 PM

ahh i just read this before i found it on here.. pretty awesome wish i couldve seen it on tv.
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#13 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,627 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 09:31 PM

Video on NHL.com:

http://video.nhl.com...d=635&id=261726

Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

AHLFans.net - American Hockey League fan forums

#14 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,961 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 09:40 PM

Video on NHL.com:

http://video.nhl.com...d=635&id=261726

sweet ..thanks for posting that for us!
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#15 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,093 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 09:44 PM

Also, what a nice move by Lombardi to trade that pick to the Devils.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#16 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,150 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 09:48 PM

Yea I just saw this on NHL.com. Good shot but I hope it doesn't come across to much as "he got drafted only to make his father feel good"

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#17 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,699 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 09:49 PM

Wow the kid is small, 5'10  177

believe-zubrus.jpg

#18 PWW

PWW

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 946 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 09:55 PM

Hope this kid proves he is a solid goalie. As a few people have said in the past, this isn't baseball where every family member of a person in the organization is drafted somewhere within the 50 rounds. The NHL only has 7 rounds, so this isn't very common. It's an absolutely great moment for the outside viewer and for Martt,  but I hope this motivates him anymore and is a positive for him. He's prob spent his whole life playing hockey with people bugging him about his dad being better than him (or you'll never be close to his father). He's definitely going to hear now that he was only drafted because the Devils felt bad or because of his father.

Not trying to sound negative, but this moment could really be a downer for him too. 

It also could be just the motivation he needs to prove people wrong. We'll have to wait and see I guess but this was definitely a very cool, classy moment. My favorite part was the interview they did afterwards with Marty and Anthony. They asked Marty how hard the Devils were working to get a pick to draft his son and Marty goes "Well, I don't know how hard it is to get a 7th round pick" and laughs and Anthony just shoots him this look like "fvck you dad". You could see they were having fun with the whole thing.

oKCiNj.jpg

#19 CAdevsfan

CAdevsfan

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 918 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 10:15 PM

That was great!  Thanks for posting that.

#20 JacobPaul1995

JacobPaul1995

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 10:17 PM

999340_10101093870127295_1188140396_n.jp

passing of the torch?

1488744_662845367109224_1470841889_n.jpg

NEVER DOUBT THE DEVILS!!!

#1 Devils Fan. DJ Jersey Devil on 88.3 WSBU