#121 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,086 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 09:46 PM

Possible Left Wingers:

Morrow, Clowe, Gagne, MacArthur, Penner, Filpula, Cleary, Raymond, Latendresse, Cooke, Miettinen, Stalberg,

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#122 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,182 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 09:47 PM

I'm ok with that feisty.

Also, in terms of who we can pick up - I'm ok with big money-short term, because we don't have any big pay days coming up to young forwards.

Feisty, do you think Devils are expecting Reid Boucher to make the team?

I'm not even a fan of Briere but if they can get him on a short term contract, even if it costs a bit, I'd be down for that.

I doubt they are expecting anything from Boucher this year and even the next. He won't turn 20 until September and is still pretty raw. His shot is definitely NHL quality but his skating and defensive game still need a lot of work. I hope they take their time with him and let him prove himself in the AHL over the next year or two. I also hope Devils fans are patient with him since his impressive stat line last year doesn't tell the full story. I'll admit I'm skeptical of him but it is intriguing to have a guy who is a pure goal scorer. Hopefully he puts it all together eventually.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#123 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,086 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 09:51 PM

RFAs: LW: Paajarvi, Komarvo, Boedker,

RW: Chris Stewart, Wheeler, Condra

C:  Gagner, Little, Hodgson, Burmistrov, Spaling, Kruger, Backlund

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#124 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,428 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 11:55 PM

Boucher fell off at the end of his AHL stint last season, I mean, he played alot of hockey but if they're banking on him playing next year.... whoa boy.

He maintained his shot rate, just didn't score.  He's not likely to be ready for the NHL, but the idea that he 'fell off' - Albany's not Sarnia, he's not going to be a point a game guy there.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#125 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,678 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 06:52 AM

Boucher fell off at the end of his AHL stint last season, I mean, he played alot of hockey but if they're banking on him playing next year.... whoa boy.

what? thats not very true 

www.SterioDesign.com

#126 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,352 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 07:32 AM

Feisty, do you think Devils are expecting Reid Boucher to make the team?

I sure hope not, he needs more development, wouldn't wanna ruin him with subpar minutes, waste of a year

#127 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,678 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 07:45 AM

so reports from MTL are reporting too that clarkson is looking for 6m a year. Its matching what Detroit has been saying. lol

so who here was arguing with me awhile ago that Clarkson was not selfish? Please stand up

www.SterioDesign.com

#128 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,352 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 08:58 AM

so reports from MTL are reporting too that clarkson is looking for 6m a year. Its matching what Detroit has been saying. lol

so who here was arguing with me awhile ago that Clarkson was not selfish? Please stand up

He's not "selfish", his agent is just capitalizing on a good 2 pre-UFA years. Honestly, his goal totals this shortened season was the worst thing that could've happened to us. 4-6 goals less and maybe everyone would've thought 2011-2012 was a fluke. A stupid year and a half of overachieving spiked his price up at least $2m...

#129 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,396 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 09:02 AM

I never argued with you that he wasn't selfish -- but I will now  :evil:

Clarkson taking a 6mpy contract isn't selfish.  Asking for it isn't either because it's not him, it's his agent pushing for all it's worth.  Clarkson is in NO WAY worth it -- but it's the agents job to work his warped magic for HIMSELF not for his player.  He's not working to get Clarky the best deal, he's working for himself, to get the biggest 10% from his clients that he can. 

This must be a dream come true for Morris (it is Morris right? I forget and refuse to look it up ^_^)  Devils ROCK for getting twerps huge paydays come free agency.  In fact the only free agent lost by NJ that could have turned the tide was Neidermayer -- but I still think even that was tough - he'd never have been the leader he became with the Ducks.

Some players (for themselves) need to stay some need to leave.  Holik needed to stay.  Gomez needed to stay.  Rafalski needed to go.  neidermayer needed to go.  Martin, Gionta, Parise, that ilk - whatever - they'll be the same wherever, so go where the money is and the freedom is, you know? Whatever makes them happy in their personal life.  I'm always fine with that.

Clarkson -- I used to think needed to stay.  but when I DO step into shoes he might wear (I have no effin' clue with this guy - he's like a Randy mcKay read - he loves his hockey and he loves his partying and he loves making the best of himself and all...is he smart?  Who the hell knows?  Does it even matter?  No.  is he valuable? no question (giggle)  Is he THAT valuable? not really  :noclue: )  Let's face it - as much as his agent and the press want to play this up - Devils aren't colored by it.  To ME, for my way of thinking which is pretty far from mainstream obviously, I'd really be hesitant to go to any team colored by talk - obviously they dont look for themselves they dont see clearly and can be lead to hate you as fast as they are led to love you -- and THIS is what you want managing the team you're on?  no.  Unless you know, your priorities are elsewhere - David's kind of should be elsewhere now.  I think it's fine if he concedes he's peaked and it's time to take the payoff.  Just dont go blowing sunshine up your ass thinking you're just entering your prime and that peak is still to come.  It's not.  Holik made that mistake but he lived with it no problem.

ANYHOW - it's not selfish.  Gomez... that was sort of greedy not just monetarily but more over ego-wise.  It was just a big stroke fest for him and that was what made it rather gross to watch.  Holik was a huge strokefest but I forgive him because he was acting out of spite and that's never gratifying.   Clarkson is NOTHING like those cases.  just NOTHING.  It's not his fault if people will pay and he'd be sort of nuts to NOT go for the payday particularly if he knows his best years are behind him.  I dont want him to confess that - why shoudl he?  but to me if he leaves that's the point.  He's not going to improve enough to merit this mad money so why not take it now?  Try as I may I just can't blame him or even feel angry or even feel SORRY FOR HIM if he leaves.  I feel nothing but "Good for you!"  It is a guys total life we're talking about not his hockey career -- this is pretty much what I want for Clarkson - he's earned it and he's got everything in perspective. That is one thing you know the guy really does have.  So I'm not upset no matter how it plays out.

I'm here for the party

#130 njdevsftw

njdevsftw

Senior Devil

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 782 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 10:09 AM

If Clarkson can get $6M, more power to him. I pray it's not from us.

Posted Image

#131 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,678 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 09:17 AM

Sportsnet reports two teams pushing hard for David Clarkson are the Toronto Maple #Leafs & Edmonton #Oilers

www.SterioDesign.com

#132 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,352 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 09:24 AM

What confuses me is that it seems like members if all fanbases including Toronto don't want him to get signed for more than 4/5, how are GMs at the highest level of each team thinking its a good idea?

I've seen Toronto fans voice nothing but disapproval, they're convinced Toronto won't be the team that offers him a monster contract..

Edited by DJ Eco, 04 July 2013 - 09:26 AM.

#133 GoArmySports

GoArmySports

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,123 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 09:38 AM

What confuses me is that it seems like members if all fanbases including Toronto don't want him to get signed for more than 4/5, how are GMs at the highest level of each team thinking its a good idea?

I've seen Toronto fans voice nothing but disapproval, they're convinced Toronto won't be the team that offers him a monster contract..

I think a lot of teams are banking on the cap going back up again after this season. That's the only real reason I can justify any team offering Clarkson 6 per year.

#134 devilsadvoc8

devilsadvoc8

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,822 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 12:01 PM

I like clarkson on this team.  He has his faults and the wrap arounds are actually funny to me.  I may be in the minority but I wouldn't even break 4 per season for him based on production and holes in his game.  I would like him back but even at 4.5 I don't think he's worth it.  If he can get a 6+ payday.  Go for it and take care of your family Clarky!

Official Keeper of the 3 story statue of a hockey player by the artist J. Krawczyk.
That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence- Christopher Hitchens

ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

#135 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,897 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 12:13 PM

I can't wait to laugh at the dipsh!ts that give David Clarkson $42 million. That's just gonna be hilarious.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#136 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 11,938 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 12:21 PM

Clarkson, as expected, being targeted heavily by Ottawa. Spent the day in Ottawa yesterday. I think he is buddies with Spezza too. Ottawa has oodles of cap space, and I think would be a pretty solid fit. 

Edited by devilsrule33, 04 July 2013 - 12:22 PM.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#137 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,428 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 12:27 PM

Clarkson, as expected, being targeted heavily by Ottawa. Spent the day in Ottawa yesterday. I think he is buddies with Spezza too. Ottawa has oodles of cap space, and I think would be a pretty solid fit. 

There's rumors that Melnyk is also in the same spot, personal finances wise, as Vanderbeek though.

Edited by Triumph, 04 July 2013 - 12:27 PM.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#138 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 11,938 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 12:31 PM

There's rumors that Melnyk is also in the same spot, personal finances wise, as Vanderbeek though.

Absolutely, and he went from saying they would always spend to the cap...to now having a very low cap limit. I think he saw how well the team did the past two seasons with a smaller cap and is almost punishing the staff for drafting so well.

Ottawa isn't going to outbid everyone for Clarkson. They might not even much more than the Devils. Murray is going to sell Clarkson on the city, the fans, the passion, being closer to home, and playing for a very good young team that is going to be a lot better in the next few years. If Clarkson wants the most money, he'll go elsewhere. 

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#139 njdevs89

njdevs89

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 12:31 PM

Well the Leafs just bought Grabovski out or they are on the verge of it. Makin space for Clarky maybe? We can only speculate...

#140 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,352 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 03:23 PM

Well the Leafs just bought Grabovski out or they are on the verge of it. Makin space for Clarky maybe? We can only speculate...

What a joke... "Making space for Clarkson... " Never thought I'd hear those words.. One team's in the verge of making a really big mistake..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users