70 replies to this topic

#41 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,360 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 07:52 PM

Failyers will be hating the Vinny deal in about 2 years 10 months.....

Fixed....

#42 NJDEVS1730

NJDEVS1730

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 08:05 PM

Doesn't Vinny have to wait until tomorrow to field offers or is it because he was bought out he can field offers now? Did he even clear waivers yet?

#43 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,261 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 08:12 PM

He is not a UFA he is an unsigned player, so no need for team deadline. Good signing for us. Vinny sucks, very happy he signed with the Phailures
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#44 Revan

Revan

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 08:42 PM

Good deal for the Flyers (a bit lengthy, yes, but with free agency something's gotta give), but at the same time might be good for other teams, too. Should be tougher for guys like Clarkson to demand big buck with Lecavalier making 4.5M.

#45 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,089 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 08:56 PM

Good deal for the Flyers (a bit lengthy, yes, but with free agency something's gotta give), but at the same time might be good for other teams, too. Should be tougher for guys like Clarkson to demand big buck with Lecavalier making 4.5M.

Yeahhhh....no. Vinny signing has no effect on Clarkson. Vinny was bought out, and is being paid by Tampa so he can take a discount. Clarkson is younger and provides totally different services on the ice.

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#46 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,839 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 09:21 PM

I heard a flyer fan into the radio today. The guy guaranteed Vinny with 70+ points this next year and guaranteed that Holmgren is not done. He mentioned using either Cotourier, Coburn, or Read to get one of Bobby Ryan or Yandle.

Typically overconfident but I hope to god he's wrong

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#47 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,241 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 09:30 PM

I heard a flyer fan into the radio today. The guy guaranteed Vinny with 70+ points this next year and guaranteed that Holmgren is not done. He mentioned using either Cotourier, Coburn, or Read to get one of Bobby Ryan or Yandle.

Typically overconfident but I hope to god he's wrong

i'd love if they punt on couturier who will be a very good player. yandle is real tough for the flyers because they can't afford him. he's more expensive than coburn.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#48 cgb6397

cgb6397

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 690 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 09:31 PM

Failyers will be hating the Vinny deal in about 2 years.....

Anyone know how the fans like the deal? Are they predicting championship or bellyaching about the money?
6qf7l3.jpg
"You know my boss, (Lou Lamoriello), we don't throw parades for second place"
-Pete Deboer on the Devils 5th Stanley Cup Final appearence

#49 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,839 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 09:34 PM

Anyone know how the fans like the deal? Are they predicting championship or bellyaching about the money?

i live in Philly and was listening to their radio in the car. Probably 70% like the deal, read what I posted above for one specific instance

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#50 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,552 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 09:41 PM

i'd love if they punt on couturier who will be a very good player. yandle is real tough for the flyers because they can't afford him. he's more expensive than coburn.

hope to god no.. Yandle is one of the better and worth it dmen in the league.. I would be sad if he became a flyer..

#51 Revan

Revan

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 09:49 PM

Yeahhhh....no. Vinny signing has no effect on Clarkson. Vinny was bought out, and is being paid by Tampa so he can take a discount. Clarkson is younger and provides totally different services on the ice.

Which works even worse for Clarkson. If Lecavalier gets 4.5M for scoring (and even in Clarkson's wonderful 2011/12 season Vinny had more points in less games) and is a proven star who won in this league, then it's hard to justify Clarkie making more than him for what he brings, even if he's younger (and he's not THAT much younger either, I actually thought there was a bigger difference between them before I checked and learned it's four years).

#52 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,806 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 09:52 PM

What on earth is going on over there in Philly.  No D, no Goaltending worth talking about, yet they go out and sign a big-name forward.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#53 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 10:08 PM

Which works even worse for Clarkson. If Lecavalier gets 4.5M for scoring (and even in Clarkson's wonderful 2011/12 season Vinny had more points in less games) and is a proven star who won in this league, then it's hard to justify Clarkie making more than him for what he brings, even if he's younger (and he's not THAT much younger either, I actually thought there was a bigger difference between them before I checked and learned it's four years).

Miles wise there's quite a bit of difference.   Lecavalier has been in the NHL since 1998.   Clarkson didn't even play a pro season until 2005.   He was a career junior player.

#54 RizzMB30

RizzMB30

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 870 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 01:01 AM

Miles wise there's quite a bit of difference.   Lecavalier has been in the NHL since 1998.   Clarkson didn't even play a pro season until 2005.   He was a career junior player.

I mean no offense when I say this, but is there even such a thing as a career junior player?

This fan will never forget Scott Stevens.

believe-ll.jpgbelieve-devs.jpg

#55 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,683 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 06:46 AM

What on earth is going on over there in Philly.  No D, no Goaltending worth talking about, yet they go out and sign a big-name forward.

whats boging my mind is why would THEY sign him and why would HE sign there. Isnt it obvious that its a mess?

www.SterioDesign.com

#56 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,806 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 07:15 AM

I guess money still talks.  He's getting stupid money from that buyout for the next, what, decade, yet he still went to the highest bidder.

See this is what I don't get:  This contract will almost certainly make him a villain in Philly in the coming years.  And he's prepared for that, just for the $$?  Don't these players think ahead?  Or are they all just so brainwashed by their agents that they chase the dollar regardless of future issues?

I'm probably overthinking this.  It is a business afterall; I suppose I might make the same decision if I were in a similar position.

Edited by Devilsfan118, 03 July 2013 - 07:16 AM.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#57 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,683 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 08:06 AM

I guess money still talks.  He's getting stupid money from that buyout for the next, what, decade, yet he still went to the highest bidder.

See this is what I don't get:  This contract will almost certainly make him a villain in Philly in the coming years.  And he's prepared for that, just for the $$?  Don't these players think ahead?  Or are they all just so brainwashed by their agents that they chase the dollar regardless of future issues?

I'm probably overthinking this.  It is a business afterall; I suppose I might make the same decision if I were in a similar position.

actually Dallas had the bigger offer on the table and he didnt took it

www.SterioDesign.com

#58 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,438 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 09:04 AM

Players do not think they will get old.  It's part of why they are wildly successful at their job.

I mean no offense when I say this, but is there even such a thing as a career junior player?

No, but I think what max meant is that Clarkson played an overage junior season (one where he was older than 20 years and 0 days at the beginning), which most guys who end up in the NHL do not do.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#59 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,396 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 09:33 AM

Players do not think they will get old.  It's part of why they are wildly successful at their job.

In ten more years you will realize no one, least of all yourself, in reality, ever thinks they will get old.

I'm here for the party

#60 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,664 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 11:07 AM

actually Dallas had the bigger offer on the table and he didnt took it

He wants to "win now". I hope he can play goal. And defense.

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users