#1 socbrian

socbrian

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 136 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 03:49 PM

I havn't seen much talk about him but he could be a possible cheap Wing

He had a great year 11-12 in dallas but a drop of last year. Started to pick up once traded to MTL but I think he could fit well into our system and play well with a zubbie.

Thoughts?

#2 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,163 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 03:58 PM

I've always had the impression that he's a real soft player. I don't think he'd fare well in our system.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#3 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,518 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 04:01 PM

I'm not a huge fan of Ryder, but Ryder will shoot it when he gets openings and the Devils could benefit from a guy like that.

Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#4 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,426 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 04:06 PM

I look at him as a secondary target. If something else fails, go for him. I'm not against the idea though. It would depend what else was done.

#5 cgb6397

cgb6397

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 698 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 04:22 PM

From the sounds of it, Lou is going to be aggressively pursuing offense this year, so we won't have to do much settling for players like this.
6qf7l3.jpg
"You know my boss, (Lou Lamoriello), we don't throw parades for second place"
-Pete Deboer on the Devils 5th Stanley Cup Final appearence

#6 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,614 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 04:29 PM

Put him with Elias an wah lah.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#7 socbrian

socbrian

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 136 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 04:31 PM

I'm not a huge fan of Ryder, but Ryder will shoot it when he gets openings and the Devils could benefit from a guy like that.

This is my thought. Hes got a tight wrist shot and likes to let it rip 

From the sounds of it, Lou is going to be aggressively pursuing offense this year, so we won't have to do much settling for players like this.

Hes been a pretty good offensive player over his career. Look up his stats, hes done pretty good and he could come cheap.

#8 coldply123

coldply123

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,257 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 04:33 PM

He is a shooter but he is a bit of a slow skater and not a great puck handler. Doesn't really play physical either.
Bill Simmons: "The Bruins are like Fredo -- they're dead to me as long as the owner is alive."

"I'm Going With The Devils over Anaheim"-Barry Melrose

#9 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,351 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 11:05 AM

He is a shooter but he is a bit of a slow skater and not a great puck handler. Doesn't really play physical either.

Sounds a lot like a guy we had a couple years ago. Wouldn't mind a slightly younger Sykora, assuming the price is right. I'd probably do something near what he's getting now, maybe another 2/$7M like the one he's on now or even as high as 3/$12M, anything between that would be acceptable to me.

He did put up 35 goals two years ago and still had 35 points this year in 46 games. A guy who can put up 20-30 goals, and 50-60 points would be great in our top 6. Question is, are we getting the Ryder of the last two years or the one who struggled to top 40 points in his last two years with Boston?

Edited by ATLL765, 04 July 2013 - 11:22 AM.

#10 Taiter32

Taiter32

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 02:44 PM

Ryder can be great or awful. I wouldn't mind seeing him in a Devils uniform for a year or two to see how he does then probably sign him for a lil extension.

#11 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,048 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 02:27 PM

@DarrenDreger 1m

Ryder still deciding between Boston and NJ. Sounds like Devils are offering more term and $

#12 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,368 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 02:32 PM

I like him but I'm scared about the term and money. But good things seem to happen to teams he play for...

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award

#13 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,537 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 02:37 PM

We need a signing like Ryder, good going Lou... Let's hope for the best.

#14 cgb6397

cgb6397

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 698 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 02:51 PM

The way today is panning out, I'd be glad to snag Ryder
6qf7l3.jpg
"You know my boss, (Lou Lamoriello), we don't throw parades for second place"
-Pete Deboer on the Devils 5th Stanley Cup Final appearence

#15 njdevsftw

njdevsftw

Senior Devil

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 03:01 PM

So.. This guy is likely to be a ~$4M a year kinda signing? How would our cap situation look after we add something like that? Can we add more offense or would that likely be it?

Posted Image

#16 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,351 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 03:13 PM

So.. This guy is likely to be a ~$4M a year kinda signing? How would our cap situation look after we add something like that? Can we add more offense or would that likely be it?

We got basically one more signing's worth of cap space. After that, unless the next signing is a very small one, we'll be tight on space. Assuming that Henrique and JJ get signed that is. We have almost exactly $8M in space right now, so if we can get Ryder at $3.5-4.25, that probably leaves us enough to sign JJ and Henrique and have a wee bit of space left.

#17 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,168 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 03:32 PM

id want him just because of the glove save he did against MTL in the playoffs on plekanec. That was legendary lol

Edited by SterioDesign, 05 July 2013 - 03:32 PM.

www.SterioDesign.com

#18 lucifer91

lucifer91

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 04:13 PM

We got basically one more signing's worth of cap space. After that, unless the next signing is a very small one, we'll be tight on space. Assuming thWhat abouenrique and JJ get signed that is. We have almost exactly $8M in space right now, so if we can get Ryder at $3.5-4.25, that probably leaves us enough to sign JJ and Henrique and have a wee bit of space left.

About about Olesz. I have not seen any numbers on that yet
Posted Image

#19 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,351 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 04:26 PM

About about Olesz. I have not seen any numbers on that yet

I just assumed it was for peanuts and it is. So now it's $7M in space. Doesn't effect much. We could still spend more than $7M now and try to wiggle out of the cap crunch by October. Maybe trade a D??? Please! lol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users