25 replies to this topic

#1 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 01:26 PM

Grabovski is reportedly about to be bought-out. I'd like to take a shot at this guy - he's got good skills and had a way under-achieving season - could get us a discount and help fill the scoring hole left by David Clarkson

http://www.nhl.com/i...vid=DL|NHL|home

Grabovski was second among Leafs' forwards in Corsi relative to the quality of competition he faced, which is a strong indicator that he was one of the team's best players at possessing the puck at even strength. He also had the worst PDO among Toronto forwards, which measures shooting percentage and save percentage when he is on the ice -- a low number can be an indicator of bad luck.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#2 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,938 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 01:28 PM

He's going to be a good pickup for some team, but I don't imagine him being on Lou's radar at all. 

Edited by devilsrule33, 04 July 2013 - 01:28 PM.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#3 iamtheprodigy

iamtheprodigy

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,969 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 01:48 PM

They don't call him Garbage-ovski for nothing. Pass.

#4 njdevsftw

njdevsftw

Senior Devil

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 782 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 01:50 PM

Would be a good pickup at the right price.

Posted Image

#5 Jas0nMacIsaac

Jas0nMacIsaac

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,360 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 01:55 PM

I wouldnt mind Grabovski and Clowe to fill out our roster.

A true leader is one who knows when to step aside for others to lead.

#6 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,086 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 01:58 PM

Who did he play with? His numbers were okay. He did have an 11% SP.

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#7 DH26

DH26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 03:45 PM

I'd pick him up in a milisecond. Carlyle played him stupidly and with bad players in the defensive zone primarily . Leafs fans are rioting over this 

Follow Me on Twitter @mtorino75 I Need Followers!

Visit My Devils Blog! www.theTrapezoidConspiracy.com
Rutgers-New Brunswick '11, Rutgers School of Law-Newark '14

#8 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,393 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 04:13 PM

I wont be surprised to see him get picked up off of waivers even. He's going to be in demand. I'm not against him, but as with just about every name on the market this year, its cost dependent.

#9 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,670 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 04:29 PM

Can Grabovski play wing?

Elias-Zajac-Grabovski
Clowe-Loktionov-Kovalchuk
Henrique-Josefson-Zubrus

#10 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,393 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 04:43 PM

He's pissed lol

Just got off the phone with Grabovski: "Of course I feel [expletive] sad, I played [expletive] five years here.

Grabovski had some pretty blistering remarks toward Leafs coach Randy Carlyle. Called him a "stupid coach" among other things.

A taste of Grabovski on Carlyle: "Don’t put me on a [expletive] third line and then [expletive] play [me] six minutes in a game."

Edited by ghdi, 04 July 2013 - 05:11 PM.

#11 DH26

DH26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 05:17 PM

He's pissed lol

Just got off the phone with Grabovski: "Of course I feel [expletive] sad, I played [expletive] five years here.

Grabovski had some pretty blistering remarks toward Leafs coach Randy Carlyle. Called him a "stupid coach" among other things.

A taste of Grabovski on Carlyle: "Don’t put me on a [expletive] third line and then [expletive] play [me] six minutes in a game."

Carlyle used him about as poorly as he possibly could've and for whatever reason favored crud heap Bozak over him. Especially when he was by far their best center in terms of points before Carlyle got there. 

Point being, Carlyle/Nonis are not very bright, especially if they go and use this money to sign Clarkson for 6m

#12 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,679 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 05:24 PM

he's a center.

www.SterioDesign.com

#13 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,832 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 05:24 PM

Carlyle used him about as poorly as he possibly could've and for whatever reason favored crud heap Bozak over him. Especially when he was by far their best center in terms of points before Carlyle got there.

Point being, Carlyle/Nonis are not very bright, especially if they go and use this money to sign Clarkson for 6m

maybe he did have beef with his old coach. But there's no way Louis impressed by the way he talks about his former employer. This has Lou being old school written all over why we won't get Grabovski

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#14 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,393 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 05:36 PM

There's a contrast to this. They reduce Grabovski's role, and they make the playoffs for the first time in eons. I dont think we can necessarily bury Carlyle just like that. There's more to this relationship than we know.

#15 DH26

DH26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 06:06 PM

There's a contrast to this. They reduce Grabovski's role, and they make the playoffs for the first time in eons. I dont think we can necessarily bury Carlyle just like that. There's more to this relationship than we know.

yeah I know, but its' not like they gave his old role to some worldbeater. Bozak, ostensibly their #1 center, hasn't put up either the fancy stats or points that match up to Grabovski's. And they pretty much just coasted on Reimer's really high save percentage. Their PDO was ridiculously high (pretty much theirs was as abnormally high as ours was abnormally low) and you'd have to think it'd come back down to earth next year. Cam Charron (the backhand shelf stats guy) has their O/U on wins next year at 32.5 now

He was basically the equivalent of Zajac (more or less) in terms of production and now he's getting bought out? I'd take him in a second, though he probably doesn't fit here bc of the centers 

#16 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,182 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 06:41 PM

It's insane how Carlyle used him this past year compared to last year or how Wilson used him in previous years. This chart really shows the difference in the competition he faced and zone starts, yet he was still a positive possession player. (Figured I'd put it in the post too)

787469243.jpg?1372979474

Bigger circle = higher possession
Smaller circle = lower possession
Blue = Positive
Red = Negative

Of course this past year is a smaller sample size but I still think the point is relevant.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#17 DH26

DH26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:12 PM

It's insane how Carlyle used him this past year compared to last year or how Wilson used him in previous years. This chart really shows the difference in the competition he faced and zone starts, yet he was still a positive possession player. (Figured I'd put it in the post too)

787469243.jpg?1372979474

Bigger circle = higher possession
Smaller circle = lower possession
Blue = Positive
Red = Negative

Of course this past year is a smaller sample size but I still think the point is relevant.

I actually saw that too and was gonna post it. When he's used like this and then gets bought out bc of the lack of points and a low +/- of all things, he has a right to be mad IMO

#18 capo

capo

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 833 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 09:01 PM

yeah, Lou wouldn't like that phone call.

#19 czxqa

czxqa

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 09:15 PM

maybe he did have beef with his old coach. But there's no way Louis impressed by the way he talks about his former employer. This has Lou being old school written all over why we won't get Grabovski

I was thinking pretty much the same thing. The foremost thing is to act like a professional, and this meltdown has "stay away from me, I'm a drama queen" written all over it. I would be shocked if Lou even picked up the phone. He's talented for sure, but Lou won't stand for unprofessionalism. Just ask Mike Danton or Deron Quint. 

#20 DH26

DH26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 11:15 PM

I was thinking pretty much the same thing. The foremost thing is to act like a professional, and this meltdown has "stay away from me, I'm a drama queen" written all over it. I would be shocked if Lou even picked up the phone. He's talented for sure, but Lou won't stand for unprofessionalism. Just ask Mike Danton or Deron Quint. 

You never know. Mike Danton wasn't exactly a saint before he got here and neither was Quint apparently. Ken Daneyko had his problems too and you didn't see Lou getting rid of him. Not that i think it's likely, but I wouldn't be shocked if Lou was in on it 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users