680 replies to this topic

#241 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,787 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 01:44 PM

Gatineau's #1 goalie, Robert Steeves, has a save% of only .876 over his last six starts.  Maybe Anthony gets a shot at more playing time soon...he's made just two starts since 10/18, and no relief appearances.   

Anthony played where i live last Saturday, saw the team bus at the hotel but didnt bother going to the game cause Steeves is their clear #1 goalie + he's from Moncton so he was playing that game for sure. I hope i'll have a chance at some point to catch a game with Brodeur around here either in Moncton, St-John or Bathurst.

www.SterioDesign.com

#242 NewarkDevil5

NewarkDevil5

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,176 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 02:35 PM

Save%s tend to be lower and GAAs higher in the Q.  Only eight goalies with GAAs under 3.00 of the 19 Q goalies that qualify for the leaderboard (min 546 minutes played at this point in their season), and not too many save%s over .900 (just seven goalies).  Anthony's numbers are actually pretty decent, compared to his peers. 

Oh I know. It still floors me every time I see goalie stats from there though. It's like comparing a lacrosse goalie's stats to a hockey goalie's stats.

Newark: The City of New Jersey

gallery_45_180_172422.png

#243 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,234 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 11:11 PM

Wednesday 11/13
KHL
Dinamo Minsk lost to Metallurg Magnitogorsk 3-0
Artur Gavrus C: E, 1/1 Faceoff, 8:47 TOI
Season: 13 GP 1-2-3, +2, 4 PIM, 7.14 SH%, 1.08 SH/GP, 45.16 FO%, 13:01 TOI/GP

-- 1st game back from right knee injury sustained in pregame warm ups on 10/9 (missed 11 games). Looks like he played on the wing and was on the 4th line. I assume this was to ease him back into action and hopefully he works his way back into the top 6.

OHL
Kingston lost to Belleville 6-3 (Kingston outshot Belleville 60-50!)
Ryan Kujawinski C: -2
Season: 15 GP 6-4-10, -4, 16 PIM

-- Kujawinski's last 8 games: 1 goal, 1 assist, -9.

WHL
Swift Current defeated Kootenay 3-0
Graham Black C: Goal (SH), +2* 1st Star
Season: 23 GP 13-16-29, +9, 22 PIM

-- Black's 9 game point streak: 8 goals and 9 assists.

The Super Series is coming up and it features 2 games between each CHL league vs. some of Russia's best young players. Here is the schedule (November 18-28). Here are the rosters for the QMJHL, OHL, WHL, and Russia. It will be broadcasted online and I'm pretty sure it has been free in past years.

Devils prospect D Damon Severson is scheduled to play for the WHL in both of their games. He's the lone Devils prospect but their are a handful of 2014 and 2015 draft eligible prospects that will be showcased.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#244 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,442 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 07:39 AM

Oh I know. It still floors me every time I see goalie stats from there though. It's like comparing a lacrosse goalie's stats to a hockey goalie's stats.

No doubt...I think a lot of former Q offensive dynamos probably get shell-shocked when they move on to the pros.  I remember Brodeur once saying that you really don't want to be in that league much longer than you have to...that there's a lot you can get away with down there that you never will as a pro, and that it's easy to get into very bad habits.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#245 vadvlfan

vadvlfan

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,613 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 07:49 AM

I'm guessing there's no age limit on participating? Nice to see Severson is an all star in the league.  Is Black having success due to him being talented but overage. 

Thanks Fiesty for info on watching it.

"Never make someone a priority when all you are to them is an option" - M.A.

#246 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,455 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 08:53 AM

Yeah thanks feisty for all of this. I admit I don't follow the junior leagues much... Can you give some insight jnto which guys have a legit shot at the nhl? I know severson looks promising but do guys like black Johnson and kujawinski have decent odds of being pros or are they more outside chances/ 4th liners as best?

Edited by dmann422, 14 November 2013 - 08:59 AM.

#247 NewarkDevil5

NewarkDevil5

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,176 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 09:23 AM

OHL
Kingston lost to Belleville 6-3 (Kingston outshot Belleville 60-50!)
Ryan Kujawinski C: -2
Season: 15 GP 6-4-10, -4, 16 PIM

-- Kujawinski's last 8 games: 1 goal, 1 assist, -9.

Looks like Kujawinski's a little streaky then. First 7 games 5g 3a 8p +5 and then this last stretch. Means to me that he's got the talent but needs to work on consistency. Of course I'm going based purely off the numbers you're giving us because I haven't seen any of his actual play.

Newark: The City of New Jersey

gallery_45_180_172422.png

#248 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,234 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 07:20 PM

I'm guessing there's no age limit on participating? Nice to see Severson is an all star in the league.  Is Black having success due to him being talented but overage. 

Thanks Fiesty for info on watching it.

I could be wrong but I'm fairly certain there is no age limit. However, since it features the best pro prospects in junior, I doubt they're are any overagers. Seems like the best of the bunch that are drafted already + some of the top prospects for the next 2 drafts.

Looks like Kujawinski's a little streaky then. First 7 games 5g 3a 8p +5 and then this last stretch. Means to me that he's got the talent but needs to work on consistency. Of course I'm going based purely off the numbers you're giving us because I haven't seen any of his actual play.

In fairness to him he did have an injury during this 8 game slump but as you mentioned he does seem streaky. Hockey Prospect backs that up in their 2013 Draft Black Book, mentioning that consistency was his biggest issue and a big reason he fell in the draft rankings over the course of last season. This is his 18 year old season so he still has another season in juniors after this year. Maybe he can have a Reid Boucher-esque breakout next year.

Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#249 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,234 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 01:49 AM

Yeah thanks feisty for all of this. I admit I don't follow the junior leagues much... Can you give some insight jnto which guys have a legit shot at the nhl? I know severson looks promising but do guys like black Johnson and kujawinski have decent odds of being pros or are they more outside chances/ 4th liners as best?

Short answer, legit NHL potential in my opinion (no particular order): Johnson, Kujawinski, Black, Severson, Bell, Gedig, Coleman, Pietila, Kerfoot, Santini, Gavrus, and Wood. I expanded with some quick thoughts below. I kind of rambled a bit but I was trying to touch on all the guys and give out the best case scenarios.

Out of this year's prospect pool, the only players I've actually seen multiple times on tv are Severson, Bell, Faust, Gedig, Rodwell, Coleman, Pietila, and Santini. The other guys I really only know from what I've read about them and from the boxscores. By no means am I an expert but if I had to give my opinion I'd probably shake it out like this:

CHL Prospects
LW Ben Johnson - Speed is his best asset, best case scenario is NHL 3rd/4th liner who can be a solid PK'er. NHL prospect but has a lot of holes in his game especially offensively.

LW Ben Thomson - May not get an ELC but I can see him signing with Albany after this year. Probably only way he can make the NHL one day is as an enforcer. Not much of a NHL prospect though.

C Ryan Kujawinski - Tons of offensive talent but lacks consistency. Best case scenario is he puts it all together and makes the NHL as a top 6 player one day. Devils did well to take him in the 3rd round last year since he came into his draft year as a potential 1st rounder.

C Graham Black - Putting up a ton of points as an overager as he should but it's important to note that his battle with Graves' Disease is a big reason he is a late bloomer. Has a lot more skill/potential than the average overager. Speed is his best asset and his best case scenario seems to be NHL 2nd/3rd liner who can play on special teams. I look forward to him playing in Albany next year to better gauge his value.

D Damon Severson - I've seen him play a few times and think he may be the best D prospect in the system. Smooth skater, comfortable handling the puck, can contribute offensively, and seems to have improved his D game every year in the WHL. If not for the age requirement, I think he could do well in the AHL this year. Best case scenario is him being a top D for the Devils. Should contribute even if he doesn't reach that potential.

LW Myles Bell - Passed over in 2011 and 2012 in large part due to his tragic auto accident, has done well to transition from D to F with a heavy shot. Read a lot of reports that suggest his skating isn't all that great. Seems to be one of those guys who will need to rely on his heavy shot to carry him to the NHL. Legit NHL prospect but I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up being a minor league guy for most of his career. His shot could be valuable on the PP though.

G Anthony Broduer - Great story but a nepotism pick even in the 7th round. I don't think he's a NHL prospect but hey, goalies can be wildcards and he has the legendary bloodlines so maybe it all works out for him. His brother Jeremy (2015 draft eligible) looks like he may end up being a more legit prospect.

NCAA Prospects
D Joe Faust - Not a NHL prospect in my opinion. His offensive game never developed after being drafted and from watching a few games of his in his first 3 seasons at Wisconsin, he was always on the 3rd pair and never saw special teams action for the most part. I can't see the Devils signing him to an ELC or Albany giving him a contract for 2014-15.

D Curtis Gedig - Overlooked by the quality D prospects the Devils have but I think he's a legit NHL prospect. Has size, loves to play physical, willing to block shots, and was named captain for Ohio State so he seems to be a good character guy. I've seen him play a few times on tv and he was used in all situations. Best case scenario would probably be a 2nd pair D but could still be valuable on the 3rd pair. Seems to do a lot of things well but nothing great.

RW Derek Rodwell - Like Faust, congrats to him on being able to play at the NCAA level - not many players get to that level, but not a NHL prospect. Started his senior year as a healthy scratch.

C Blake Coleman - One of my favorite prospects to watch. Drafted out of the USHL at age 19, originally from Texas. Almost get a football player vibe out of him when I've seen him play. Loves to play physical, never backs down, has mainly spent his career at Miami playing on the 3rd line but gets PP time. Haven't seen him yet this year but his production is way up. I'm intrigued by him and think a best case scenario is him playing a 3rd/4th line role.

LW Blake Pietila - Defensively sound winger with a scoring touch. Reads the play well, has won Gold for the US at the U17, U18, and U20 levels. Always competes hard and I think his best case scenario is 3rd line winger who is excellent on the PK.

C Alex Kerfoot - Has offensive talent and started his 19 year old freshman season at Harvard on the 1st line. Some scouts had concerns over his consistency and compete level. A wildcard prospect but certainly could have NHL upside. Going to be a bit of a project and will be interesting to see how he develops at Harvard.

D Steve Santini - I'm a big fan of Santini. Not much offensive upside but can keep the play alive in the offensive end and is really sound defensively. Plays physical and with confidence. Best case scenario is top pairing D. Even if he doesn't reach that potential, I think he will be a solid contributer for the Devils in a few years.

KHL Prospect
C Artur Gavrus - NHL prospect but a complete wildcard. Read he has a good shot and vision so he has offensive talent. May not be able to contribute defensively but could be nice on the PP. May not be suited for the North American game as he suffered 2 concussions in his rookie OHL year and is said to put himself in bad positions to get hit. Another guy the Devils were able to grab late in the draft even though his true talent is better than that. Just got over a minor knee injury in the KHL so health seems to be a concern with him still.

USHS Prospect
LW Miles Wood - Really don't know much about him. His father Randy had a long NHL career and Miles is set to attend Brown after another year at Noble & Greenough School (Mark Fayne's HS). Taken in the 4th round last year so the Devils definitely see something they like in him.

#250 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,234 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 02:18 AM

Thursday 11/14
OHL
Windsor defeated Mississauga 6-0
Ben Johnson LW: DNP (Knee Injury)
Season: 15 GP 8-6-14, +3, 4 PIM

-- Johnson is questionable for the weekend.

Kitchener lost to Sarnia 5-0
Ben Thomson LW: DNP (Right Ankle Injury)
Season: 11 GP 2-3-5, -5, 34 PIM

NCAA
Boston College Massachusetts
Steve Santini D: DNP (1 Game Suspension)
Season: 9 GP 1-3-4, +11, 21 PIM, 8.33 SH%, 1.33 SH/GP

#251 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,455 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 08:12 AM

Wow thanks so much for the breakdown feisty. As expected it seems we're strong on d even when it comes to the guys who are a few years away.

Kujawinski and black seem like interesting guys. If one of them can pull a henrique and turn out as a 2nd liner it sure would be nice.

Santini especially looks nice because pretty much all of our other quality d prospects he's seems like a complete stopper as opposed to an offensive d.

Either way you have to image we'd be in a place to swap some young d for young forwards. If santini severson and Merrill work out they can't all play top 4 minutes.

#252 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,623 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 09:15 AM

I love Graham Black's skillset - speed, speed, and more speed - but an NHL 2nd liner?  I think that's really, really unlikely.  Now because of his illness or other reasons he might be a late bloomer, but I could very easily see him go to the AHL and score 15 points in 70 games and that's the end of any hopes of him being a successful Devil.  Guys his age who are NHL-capable are supposed to be in the AHL already.

Edited by Triumph, 15 November 2013 - 09:18 AM.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#253 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,455 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 09:41 AM

I love Graham Black's skillset - speed, speed, and more speed - but an NHL 2nd liner? I think that's really, really unlikely. Now because of his illness or other reasons he might be a late bloomer, but I could very easily see him go to the AHL and score 15 points in 70 games and that's the end of any hopes of him being a successful Devil. Guys his age who are NHL-capable are supposed to be in the AHL already.

Yeah I realize it's just wishful thinking considering his age and league. At this point the devils have to hope to get lucky and hit on someone turning into a top 6 guy.

#254 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,234 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 06:52 PM

Program Note: If you get CBS Sports Network, they have Wisconsin (Faust) at Miami (Coleman) going on right now (started at 6:30).

Wow thanks so much for the breakdown feisty. As expected it seems we're strong on d even when it comes to the guys who are a few years away.

Kujawinski and black seem like interesting guys. If one of them can pull a henrique and turn out as a 2nd liner it sure would be nice.

Santini especially looks nice because pretty much all of our other quality d prospects he's seems like a complete stopper as opposed to an offensive d.

Either way you have to image we'd be in a place to swap some young d for young forwards. If santini severson and Merrill work out they can't all play top 4 minutes.

Your welcome! It will be really interesting to see if Lou moves one of Santini/Severson/Merrill at some point for forward help like you mentioned. I'm excited about it either way since the Devils either can get some help up front or could potentially have a D corps that features Larsson with those 3 guys. Plus none of them will be expensive for quite some time so Lou could always address adding some forwards via free agency.

Of course with prospects, some guys don't pan out or live up to the hype but I feel pretty good about the Devils getting some good production out of that group even if one or two don't reach their potential. Plus I like the next tier of D guys like Gedig, Helgeson, Scarlett, and McPherson. One or two of those guys should have a chance to contend in a lesser role for the Devils one day.

I love Graham Black's skillset - speed, speed, and more speed - but an NHL 2nd liner?  I think that's really, really unlikely.  Now because of his illness or other reasons he might be a late bloomer, but I could very easily see him go to the AHL and score 15 points in 70 games and that's the end of any hopes of him being a successful Devil.  Guys his age who are NHL-capable are supposed to be in the AHL already.

I agree NHL 2nd liner is really unlikely for Black and I don't expect it at all. I do think that on a team like the Devils that moves guys in the top 9 around, he could be that - in a best case, everything goes perfect for him scenario. I was originally going to write him in as a 3rd line guy who could contribute on special teams but when I went back and read his 2012 Hockey Prospect Black Book profile, it left me a bit more optimistic about his offensive potential.

Besides his speed they note his "very quick release" and ability to "sneak into the slot for quick goals" as positive attributes. They say he has "good hands in tight" but his lack of size hurts him from being very effective. They seemed a bit down on his defense so I wonder how that has progressed for him in the WHL. I haven't seen him play so everything I know about him is second hand.

While his numbers are going to be inflated this year, I'd speculate that his disease played a big factor in him going back to the WHL instead of the AHL. He most recently missed some time last January for treatment and staying at a playing weight is going to be an on going challenge for him.

#255 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,455 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 09:22 PM

Your welcome! It will be really interesting to see if Lou moves one of Santini/Severson/Merrill at some point for forward help like you mentioned. I'm excited about it either way since the Devils either can get some help up front or could potentially have a D corps that features Larsson with those 3 guys. Plus none of them will be expensive for quite some time so Lou could always address adding some forwards via free agency.

Of course with prospects, some guys don't pan out or live up to the hype but I feel pretty good about the Devils getting some good production out of that group even if one or two don't reach their potential. Plus I like the next tier of D guys like Gedig, Helgeson, Scarlett, and McPherson. One or two of those guys should have a chance to contend in a lesser role for the Devils one day.

yeah it's a tough call because quality defensemen are a lot harder to find via free agency or trade that wingers. But clearly if all of our guys pan out we'd have a bit of a logjam.

The worst case scenario is what happened with urbom where you have a decent prospect but haven't raised his value enough to warrant moving him.

#256 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,234 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 12:41 AM

Friday 11/15
KHL
Dinamo Minsk lost to Traktor Chelyabinsk 3-0    
Artur Gavrus C: -1, 4/8 Faceoffs, 12:00 TOI

QMJHL
Gatineau defeated Rouyn-Noranda 3-1
Anthony Brodeur G: 21 Saves on 22 Shots, Assist (EN/SH)* 3rd Star

OHL
Kitchener defeated Owen Sound 2-1 (SO)
Ben Thomson LW: DNP (Right Ankle Injury)

Kingston lost to London 4-2
Ryan Kujawinski C: Assist (PP), -2

WHL
Swift Current lost to Calgary 3-2 (SO)
Graham Black C: Goal (PP), -1, Stopped in SO* 1st Star

-- Black's last 10 games: 9 goals and 9 assists.

NCAA
Ohio State defeated Canisius 3-0
Curtis Gedig D: +1, 2 PIM (Tripping), 2 Shots, 1 Block

Wisconsin lost to Miami 2-0
Joe Faust D: E, 2 Shots, 2 Blocks
Blake Coleman C: Assist, +1, 2 PIM (Interference), 5 Shots, 5/12 Faceoffs

North Dakota defeated Minnesota Duluth 4-2
Derek Rodwell RW: -1, 3 Shots

Michigan Tech lost to Lake Superior State 5-3
Blake Pietila LW: Assist (PP), -2, 3 Shots, 12/17 Faceoffs

-- Pietila's last 5 games: 1 goal and 5 assists.

Boston College tied Massachusetts 2-2
Steve Santini D: -1, 15 PIM (Unsportsmanlike, Disqualification), 1 Shot

-- This was his 1st game back after a 1 game suspension for a DQ vs. Army last week. I think he gets a 2 game ban now. Here's a gif of the hit. Grainy but reports from the game suggest he didn't deserve it.

Harvard lost to Quinnipiac 3-2
Alex Kerfoot C: DNP (Dislocated Left Shoulder)

Edited by thefiestygoat, 16 November 2013 - 12:43 AM.

#257 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 02:39 AM

Oh brodeur had a point looks like he has his father in him!:P

#258 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,442 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 07:52 AM

Oh brodeur had a point looks like he has his father in him! :P

Brodeur:  .894 save% (pretty good for the Q), 2.83 GAA

Steeves:  .896 save%, 2.77 GAA

The gap in their numbers was much wider a few weeks ago.  Would love to see Anthony get a few starts in a row soon.  It's a small sample, but at least he's not looking outclassed in his first test.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#259 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 01:32 PM

IMO there was nothing wrong with that Santini hit.

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

#260 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,234 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 12:48 AM

Saturday 11/16
QMJHL
Gatineau defeated Saint John 8-4
Anthony Brodeur G: DNP

OHL
Windsor defeated Peterborough 5-4
Ben Johnson LW: DNP (Knee Injury)

WHL
Swift Current lost to Edmonton 4-2
Graham Black C: Goal, Assist, +1

-- Black's last 11 games: 10 goals and 10 assists.

Kelowna defeated Medicine Hat 4-3
Damon Severson D: E
Myles Bell RW: Goal, 2 Assists, +2

NCAA
Ohio State defeated Canisius 3-1
Curtis Gedig D: Assist, +2, 2 PIM (Interference), 3 Shots, 2 Blocks

Wisconsin defeated Miami 3-2
Joe Faust D: +1
Blake Coleman C: Goal (PP), E, 2 PIM (Tripping), 3 Shots, 6/14 Faceoffs, 1 Block

-- Coleman had 23 pts in 39 games freshman year, 19 pts in 40 games sophomore year, has 12 pts in 12 games this year.

North Dakota lost to Minnesota Duluth 6-3
Derek Rodwell RW: E, 4 PIM (Interference, Roughing), 1 Shot

Michigan Tech defeated Lake Superior State 2-1
Blake Pietila LW: +1, 5 Shots, 7/9 Faceoffs

Harvard defeated Princeton 5-3
Alex Kerfoot C: DNP (Dislocated Left Shoulder)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users