Photo

Ryane Clowe signs with the Devils. 5 years. 4.85 per.

• Please log in to reply
137 replies to this topic

#21 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,472 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 12:02 PM

stop it with the 3 goal nonsense, his best season was not that long ago. If he stays healthy maybe he can be a real asset for this team. Lets see what happens.

BTW, Devils spent over 16 million this week. We are broke. :giggle:

believe-zubrus.jpg

#22 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,907 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 12:03 PM

please Lou surprise us with a big trade or something now

www.SterioDesign.com

#23 JohnnyP.

JohnnyP.

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 12:03 PM

Off the cuff this seems way to long for way too much bread

hope this guy produces..... I rarely question Big Lou.... but there's something I'm not seeing here with this Clowe.

#24 Devs1965

Devs1965

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 12:06 PM

Hmm not sure about Clowe???

According to TG Toronto out of Clarkson bid, Other teams are starting to realize he plays well in our system but will he play well in theirs and 6mil, allegdly worth?

Edited by Devs1965, 05 July 2013 - 12:07 PM.

#25 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,509 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 12:06 PM

Plus, he loves New York.

Heard the rumours about him coming to Jersey and was really curious about the terms he would get... Wow, this is a lot. The concussion stuff scared teams away and we give him five years. And at almost 5M per... One just can't say this is a good deal with a straight face. Like Clowe coming here, I hope he's gonna be good, but we're taking a huge risk here.

Pretty much where I am on this.  On the surface it seems questionable. 

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#26 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,859 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 12:07 PM

My guess is Clarkson said he definitely wasn't signing in jersey, so Lou went to Clowe. I don't like the 5 years, but I guess the money makes sense considering its free agency.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#27 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,509 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 12:08 PM

My guess is Clarkson said he definitely wasn't signing in jersey, so Lou went to Clowe. I don't like the 5 years, but I guess the money makes sense considering its free agency.

Yeah, seems like this is Clarkson's replacement. 

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#28 Revan

Revan

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts

please Lou surprise us with a big trade or something now

Yeah, we haven't seen that one in quite a while. :lol:

#29 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,409 posts

Lou has apparently liked Clowe for a long time.

I like this signing more and more.

Yes, the term is long, the $ could be a little less. But you gotta pay to play on UFA Day.

As long as he's healthy, Clowe can be a beast.

#30 D88

D88

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Clarkson replacement.....but to much bucks. (i thought about 4mio / 3y).

so we have 8 mio. left in cap space  are broke :giggle:  and still need to resign rfa's josefson and henrique. and i think henrique will not play under 2 mio.

Some say the world will end in fire, Some say in ice.
From what I've tasted of desire I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice, I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction ice is also great, and would suffice.
Robert Frost

#31 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,472 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 12:09 PM

Reminds me of the big 6 yr deal Zubrus got, everyone hated it and then everyone loved it. Hopefully this works out as well.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#32 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,535 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 12:12 PM

does this pretty much mean Clarkson isn't coming back? I mean there's still room financially for Clarkson to come back isn't there?

believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#33 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,990 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 12:13 PM

Clowe-Lokti-Kovy.

Can score and beat people down.  I approve.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#34 njd3b1ink

njd3b1ink

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 12:14 PM

Clowe got crazy unlucky last year. 0 goals on 65 shots. He's better than Clarkson and got less coin

This. We got better while spending less. Just wish it was 4m instead of close to 5m. That's what is going to irk me about this signing

#35 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,253 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 12:14 PM

does this pretty much mean Clarkson isn't coming back? I mean there's still room financially for Clarkson to come back isn't there?

He's long gone. This was the nail in the coffin so to speak.

#36 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,409 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 12:18 PM

Clarkson is gone. There is room, but we still have to sign Henrique, Josefson, and may make another signing for all we know. Clowe is his replacement.

#37 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,907 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 12:19 PM

Yeah, we haven't seen that one in quite a while. :lol:

i meant i dont feel comfortable going in the season as we are now. We need other pieces

www.SterioDesign.com

#38 PWW

PWW

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 12:22 PM

A bit more than I was expecting but I still like the move. He definitely fills the gap left by Clarkson. I'm not too worried about the length although any 5 year deal is risky. He can hit, put up some points, and he's even pretty good in the shootout. Welcome to the team Ryane.

believe-devs.jpg

#39 CAdevsfan

CAdevsfan

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 12:23 PM

I like Clowe, but was surprised at the $$$/years.

Any news on whether there's a NTC/NMC involved?

#40 JohnnyP.

JohnnyP.

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 12:23 PM

So if he goes down with more concussions... he goes on long term IR and......... his $$$$ stops counting against the cap?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users