Photo

Your thought on today / about the team so far ?

• Please log in to reply
335 replies to this topic

#281 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,555 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 01:04 PM

This is more appropriate

Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#282 Joonas #6

Joonas #6

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 01:32 PM

Not sure if this has been posted, not sure if I can post this  :ninja:

http://instagram.com/p/dR8vJ4p2l1/

I fvcking hate animated avatars and signatures.

#283 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 01:36 PM

Not sure if this has been posted, not sure if I can post this  :ninja:

http://instagram.com/p/dR8vJ4p2l1/

Think that's his SJS helmet with the 29 on it or do you think Fayne is giving up his #29?

#284 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,555 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 01:50 PM

Joonas, you mind changing your signature?

Posted Image
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.

#285 Joonas #6

Joonas #6

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 03:29 AM

Joonas, you mind changing your signature?

Haha, you are the second person in one day to say that!

I will change it, but... I still like Kovy  :(

I fvcking hate animated avatars and signatures.

#286 Bibby89

Bibby89

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 08:38 AM

Any thoughts on possible camp invites? I wouldn't mind Peter Mueller being given an invite. Worth the risk that he finds his game.

#287 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,555 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 09:40 AM

Any thoughts on possible camp invites? I wouldn't mind Peter Mueller being given an invite. Worth the risk that he finds his game.

Lou said there wouldn't be any. 

Posted Image

#288 Bibby89

Bibby89

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 09:45 AM

Must've missed that one. Thanks.

#289 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,678 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 12:02 PM

I knew the Devils had a rough schedule seeing how we have to play 22 back to backs, but this situation leaves a bad taste in my mouth (disclaimer: I know I'm being a baby)

Nov. 2 vs. Philly

Nov. 3 @ Minnesota

Games against the Flyers tend to be high energy/spirited games. The league knows that, the players know that, we know that. Having to travel halfway across the country to play a game that will surely be emotional for most of the players will be rough. Although, I suppose that could work in our favor.

Scenarios like this is the price you pay for getting additional weekend home games

#290 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,363 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 12:19 PM

We have a good record in back to back games, or at least that's how it seems to me.

I'm more worried about the longer layovers that are going to happen sometimes between games. More back-to-back games means things will be much more spread out and we might go 4-5 nights without a game, not thrilled about that, we're never good with time off.

#291 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,665 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 03:00 PM

I knew the Devils had a rough schedule seeing how we have to play 22 back to backs, but this situation leaves a bad taste in my mouth (disclaimer: I know I'm being a baby)

Nov. 2 vs. Philly

Nov. 3 @ Minnesota

Games against the Flyers tend to be high energy/spirited games. The league knows that, the players know that, we know that. Having to travel halfway across the country to play a game that will surely be emotional for most of the players will be rough. Although, I suppose that could work in our favor.

Scenarios like this is the price you pay for getting additional weekend home games

I think that's where Schneider will really show his worth. He has that ability to steal a game here and there. Marty hasn't been able to do it quite as often as he once did, and neither could Moose. Schneider should definitely steal a few points in situations like that Minnesota one.

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#292 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,678 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 03:29 PM

I think that's where Schneider will really show his worth. He has that ability to steal a game here and there. Marty hasn't been able to do it quite as often as he once did, and neither could Moose. Schneider should definitely steal a few points in situations like that Minnesota one.

This is a good point. I just hope there isn't a consistent letdown if Schneider plays the majority of back to backs. Remember, there's an extension needed in 2015

#293 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 03:37 PM

That is so true about Brodeur and Hedberg they didn't steal a game last season. I don't expect Marty to do any better this season in that area. Schneider has to play for the Devils to benefit and not just back to back games. Marty has to accept a lesser role, Lou and Pete have to accept this as well and hole the line.

#294 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,665 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 03:38 PM

This is a good point. I just hope there isn't a consistent letdown if Schneider plays the majority of back to backs. Remember, there's an extension needed in 2015

I hope not as well. If he continues to build on what he did in Vancouver, he can really be a team changer. Man, I am really hoping they toss a contract at him July 1, 2014.... I just want it done before the 2014-15 season starts.

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#295 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,665 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 03:41 PM

That is so true about Brodeur and Hedberg they didn't steal a game last season. I don't expect Marty to do any better this season in that area. Schneider has to play for the Devils to benefit and not just back to back games. Marty has to accept a lesser role, Lou and Pete have to accept this as well and hole the line.

I agree. I'm pretty sure they will go into the season with Marty as the starter, but if no one gets hurt and both goalies play like they have the last few seasons, I can't see how Schneider isn't starting more games by January. If they let Schneider earn it, it will be best for everyone. The future is very, very soon, and there's no excuses anymore.

#296 Bibby89

Bibby89

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 10:12 PM

Wasn't sure where to post this but I just read that Clowe is taking #29. Fayne going back to #34. Also Ryder is taking #17.

#297 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,665 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 10:15 PM

Wasn't sure where to post this but I just read that Clowe is taking #29. Fayne going back to #34. Also Ryder is taking #17.

Was this from that Twitter post? Very cool to get a new name on 17.

#298 Bibby89

Bibby89

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 10:21 PM

Yeah it was. I have a reason to keep my Kovy jersey now at least.

#299 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,446 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 10:45 PM

Where did you read this?

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#300 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,338 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 12:12 AM

Todd Cordell @ToddCordell 3h

Either way, what I said still stands. Clowe takes No. 29 from Fayne. Ryder now no. 17 (gutty). Greene wearing "A" on camp jersey. #NJDevils

believe-zubrus.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users