Photo

Your thought on today / about the team so far ?

• Please log in to reply
335 replies to this topic

#301 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,356 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 12:50 AM

fayne getting 34 hasn't been published. currently, 7, 9, 12, 15, 16, and 23 are available under the lou rules  but 34 is viable and fayne has worn it before.

16 is likely going back to josefson (unless he keeps 9 but i'm not betting on that).

i could see them giving fayne 7 unless they're grooming it for merill. that's doubtful though - i'd bet fayne gets 7 and merill, should he make the team, gets 34.

elias(26)-zajac(19)-ryder(17)

clowe(29)-loktionov(21)-jagr(68)

henrique(14)-josefson(16)-zubrus(8)

olesz(25)-carter(20)-bernier(18)

gionta(11)/barch(22)

greene(6)-larsson(5)

salvador(24)-zidlicky(2)

volchenkov(28)-fayne(7)

harrold(10)

merill (34)

tedenby (15)

boucher (9)

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#302 cgb6397

cgb6397

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 698 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 12:57 AM

fayne getting 34 hasn't been published. currently, 7, 9, 12, 15, 16, and 23 are available under the lou rules  but 34 is viable and fayne has worn it before.

16 is likely going back to josefson (unless he keeps 9 but i'm not betting on that).

i could see them giving fayne 7 unless they're grooming it for merill. that's doubtful though - i'd bet fayne gets 7 and merill, should he make the team, gets 34.

elias(26)-zajac(19)-ryder(17)

clowe(29)-loktionov(21)-jagr(68)

henrique(14)-josefson(16)-zubrus(8)

olesz(25)-carter(20)-bernier(18)

gionta(11)/barch(22)

greene(6)-larsson(5)

salvador(24)-zidlicky(2)

volchenkov(28)-fayne(7)

harrold(10)

merill (34)

tedenby (15)

boucher (9)

In that French video with Zubes and Matteau, it looked like Matteau was wearing #9. For whatever camp that was, it might not mean anything, but then again, it could mean something. And I have no idea why you think Fayne would take 7, I see him reverting back to 34. I'm pretty sure I spotted him wearing gloves this season with that number still embroidered on them

6qf7l3.jpg
"You know my boss, (Lou Lamoriello), we don't throw parades for second place"
-Pete Deboer on the Devils 5th Stanley Cup Final appearence

#303 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,356 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 01:10 AM

In that French video with Zubes and Matteau, it looked like Matteau was wearing #9. For whatever camp that was, it might not mean anything, but then again, it could mean something. And I have no idea why you think Fayne would take 7, I see him reverting back to 34. I'm pretty sure I spotted him wearing gloves this season with that number still embroidered on them

simply because lou keeps lou numbers on d men if he has them available.

and i forgot that matteau has a chance at 15 before tedenby but those guys are all in the "get what you get" club

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#304 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,710 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 01:35 AM

Josefson sporting #9 last season was a little strange. :D

I am happy that Ryder will be #17 I currently have two blank jerseys so one will be Sykora and the other Ryder. Then I shall get my Schneider jersey. Let the splurging begin!

Edited by Zubie#8, 29 August 2013 - 01:36 AM.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#305 Vic Rattlehead18

Vic Rattlehead18

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,522 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 06:56 AM

I don't like Josefson with #9 either. That's like wasted money for fans that bought him at 16. :(

Also, I thought Fayne looked awesome with #34.

Devils.

#306 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 07:08 AM

I don't like Josefson with #9 either. That's like wasted money for fans that bought him at 16. :(

Also, I thought Fayne looked awesome with #34.

I can't feel bad for anyone who bought a Josefson jersey so quickly....

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#307 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,969 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 08:08 AM

not sure why someone would have went out and boughten a josefson jersey either.. out of all the players on the team josefson? but anyway, why the hell cant everyone just stick to one damn number and rock with it, enless it conflicts with going back and forth to albany
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#308 Vic Rattlehead18

Vic Rattlehead18

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,522 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 08:12 AM

not sure why someone would have went out and boughten a josefson jersey either.. out of all the players on the team josefson? but anyway, why the hell cant everyone just stick to one damn number and rock with it, enless it conflicts with going back and forth to Albany

Well that's what happened with Josefson. He went to Albany and we got Dags who got the vacant 16. Josefson came back and needed a new number.

Anyone see this over at HF?

BSzY2jyCIAAUCnW.jpg

Devils.

#309 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,969 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 08:27 AM

Wow i wonder who found that... By the time the lines get picked apart and put back together they will probably be much different then that
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#310 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,067 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 08:31 AM

They're not lines, it's a depth chart.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#311 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,969 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 08:33 AM

Ahh it was hard to read and i didnt know what the hell it was ... Excuse me
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

#312 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,969 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 08:44 AM

Just read on hd that chart was made up didnt come from any inside info... @ToddCordell just my own notes, no inside info, lol, I wish. Just posted for thoughts/conversation.
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

#313 Vic Rattlehead18

Vic Rattlehead18

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,522 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 09:04 AM

This guy goes pretty in depth for his own notes haha

Devils.

#314 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,084 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 09:41 AM

I've seen people on this forum with similiar handwritten notes

#315 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,787 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 10:55 AM

I can't feel bad for anyone who bought a Josefson jersey so quickly....

i bought one after my henrique 14 success thinking i could ride my guess streak, if he doesn't get 16 this year i'm going to be pissed.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#316 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,488 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 11:00 AM

my feelings on the team today is that no one on this board is actually interested :evil:

I HATE that I see more germane discussion on TG's blog than here.  Create more topics.  Write about hockey.  Everyone just argues for WEEKS on the same dumb point.  I honestly think we need Rock to start posting article blurbs daily -- its kept things moving, kept content fresh - everyone was on top of what was going on with the team not getting stalled on the likes of Clarkson or Henrique -- all which revert back to Scott Gomez, Brian Rafalski, Neidermayer, Holik, Pepe, Bruce Driver -- Chico IN GOAL!!!!  man guys -- get with the times and with the hockey not with all the gossip and stuff.  I'm just saying.  :urg:

yeah yeah -- I'm bitching not taking action.

Want to hear my Stevens dream from last night? I haven't had one in ages but I just did!!!  I dreamt he was at a press conference, not talking just standing there, outside The Rock and his lips and jaw were all swelled up.  he looked rather like a chipmunk.  And they wouldn't go down.  I wondered if he had some disability now, if he got hit in the mouth with a puck.  Mostly -- I was just so lost and disappointed with him I though in very dejected fashion:  wow...I guess I really did just like him for his looks.  and I don't even like blonde guys. :(  He kept rubbing his jawline with on hand too, like he was pondering something difficult.

Edited by Pepperkorn, 29 August 2013 - 11:02 AM.

I'm here for the party

#317 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,969 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 01:20 PM

my feelings on the team today is that no one on this board is actually interested :evil:

I HATE that I see more germane discussion on TG's blog than here.  Create more topics.  Write about hockey.  Everyone just argues for WEEKS on the same dumb point.  I honestly think we need Rock to start posting article blurbs daily -- its kept things moving, kept content fresh - everyone was on top of what was going on with the team not getting stalled on the likes of Clarkson or Henrique -- all which revert back to Scott Gomez, Brian Rafalski, Neidermayer, Holik, Pepe, Bruce Driver -- Chico IN GOAL!!!!  man guys -- get with the times and with the hockey not with all the gossip and stuff.  I'm just saying.  :urg:

yeah yeah -- I'm bitching not taking action.

Want to hear my Stevens dream from last night? I haven't had one in ages but I just did!!!  I dreamt he was at a press conference, not talking just standing there, outside The Rock and his lips and jaw were all swelled up.  he looked rather like a chipmunk.  And they wouldn't go down.  I wondered if he had some disability now, if he got hit in the mouth with a puck.  Mostly -- I was just so lost and disappointed with him I though in very dejected fashion:  wow...I guess I really did just like him for his looks.  and I don't even like blonde guys. :(  He kept rubbing his jawline with on hand too, like he was pondering something difficult.

uh pepper.. you probably couldve kept your stevens fantasy to yourself ... just sayin ;)
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

#318 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 07:30 PM

he could be our next coach

but it would mean we sucked

but it might mean we go back to the trap

...forget what i just said, i already did :3soow:

Posted Image

#319 Jerzey Devil

Jerzey Devil

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 11:58 AM

Has Lou stated that he's done yet? Usually he let's the media know when he's done making signings for the summer.

#320 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,008 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 12:10 PM

Has Lou stated that he's done yet? Usually he let's the media know when he's done making signings for the summer.

He more or less said he was done after the announcement if the Henrique signing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users