Photo

Your thought on today / about the team so far ?

• Please log in to reply
335 replies to this topic

#321 Jerzey Devil

Jerzey Devil

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 956 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 12:14 PM

He more or less said he was done after the announcement if the Henrique signing. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Okay cool, thanks. Just wanted to know if I should be waiting for something or not (even though with Lou we all know we should never be "expecting" news).

#322 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 03:08 PM

He more or less said he was done after the announcement if the Henrique signing. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

More or less I thought he was quite clear. He is done unless things change. Status Quo is appropriate

#323 vadvlfan

vadvlfan

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,591 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 02:05 PM

Wonder if Lou will have any last minute "Invitee's for camp? (I hope not) Langenbruner? Anthony Stewart, Chad LaRose (I think he'll end up somewhere)

"Never make someone a priority when all you are to them is an option" - M.A.

#324 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,185 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 03:40 PM

why would lou ask langenbrunner back when they pretty much asked him to leave in the first place...
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#325 nessus

nessus

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 05:19 PM

I don't think so, since LaRose seems like a third line type, and there are no spaces there for him.

Mueller is the only interesting UFA remaining (in my opinion), but he isn't going to try out with the Devils. He may even be done with the NHL, which is too bad for him since he's shown a lot of promise in the past.

#326 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,511 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 06:17 PM

Larose signed overseas already.  Anthony Stewart is trying out with San Jose.  Langenbrunner is finished.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#327 Bibby89

Bibby89

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 11:00 AM

Remy Giftopolous invited to camp. Anyone know anything? Prob 0% chance he makes anymore than that, just thought I'd mention it.

#328 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,709 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 11:05 AM

Remy Giftopolous invited to camp. Anyone know anything? Prob 0% chance he makes anymore than that, just thought I'd mention it.

Maybe on an AHL deal, but his OHL numbers aren't anything impressive 

#329 Bibby89

Bibby89

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 01:36 PM

Thanks for the info. At least he has one of the better names around.

#330 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,193 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 09:56 PM

I wonder if this kid knows someone or something? Nothing about his OHL stats suggest even an AHL deal for him. Nice size at 6'2, 204 but only 73 points, 131 PIM in 169 OHL games and last year as a 19/20 yr old he only had 48 points in 71 games with 61 PIM - so it's not like he is the enforcer type.

I don't know, if this isn't a favor or something than maybe he's some kind of late bloomer that has some attractive qualities in his game. He will be Devils prospect, Ben Johnson's teammate this year so the Devils will be able to keep tabs on him.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#331 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,511 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 08:37 AM

I wonder if this kid knows someone or something? Nothing about his OHL stats suggest even an AHL deal for him. Nice size at 6'2, 204 but only 73 points, 131 PIM in 169 OHL games and last year as a 19/20 yr old he only had 48 points in 71 games with 61 PIM - so it's not like he is the enforcer type.

I don't know, if this isn't a favor or something than maybe he's some kind of late bloomer that has some attractive qualities in his game. He will be Devils prospect, Ben Johnson's teammate this year so the Devils will be able to keep tabs on him.

The Devils usually invite someone like this to camp.  Remember they took J.T. Barnett to camp to multiple development camps and at least one regular training camp.  We probably would've said the same thing about Clarkson in 2005.  Obviously not saying that Giftopoulos is another Clarkson but that junior hockey doesn't necessarily get the best out of everyone (and Windsor was awful last year)

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#332 Bibby89

Bibby89

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 09:24 AM

I saw that he was listed as the team captain for a recent game. Is that his normal role or does the captaincy float around in WHL?

#333 vadvlfan

vadvlfan

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,591 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:14 AM

I'm guessing he's an "energy' type (Lou loves these guys) He's dropped the gloves many times apparently. But you never know, he could actually have underlying "skills"?

"Never make someone a priority when all you are to them is an option" - M.A.

#334 Vic Rattlehead18

Vic Rattlehead18

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 08:03 AM

Per TG:

Devils general manager Lou Lamoriello said the team has a good relationship with Windsor and was asked to take a look at Giftopoulos in camp. Lamoriello said Giftopoulos will “go back to junior” after camp.

Devils.

#335 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,713 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 07:08 AM

I guess a good way to put my thoughts is.... knowing the organization you cant count them out and with a good system they could be competitive.But lots of guys are gonna have to step up.

That been said, if i really want to win a game on NHL14... i won't pick the devils lol cause on paper we're really not that great

but paper doesnt win games we know that but you also can't ignore that teams winning championship have at least 2 stars on the team or a lot of over average players

Edited by SterioDesign, 11 September 2013 - 07:08 AM.

www.SterioDesign.com

#336 moustic

moustic

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,617 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 08:12 AM

That been said, if i really want to win a game on NHL14... i won't pick the devils lol cause on paper we're really not that great

z

Olesz got a KILLING shot on NHL14... just sayin'... ; ) 

(so is Zajac.. and Ryder isn't that bad) 

(Larsson is so good compare to NHL13)

(so even on this game... we can't be count out ! ) 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users