Photo

Your thought on today / about the team so far ?

• Please log in to reply
335 replies to this topic

#121 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,396 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 09:53 PM

My thoughts today: I have better things to do with my summer and should be doing them

I'm here for the party

#122 JustinZ

JustinZ

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 10:11 PM

We'll see I still think we'll add another piece, but I honestly think it ranges from very bad to very good. They need to score. This team dominated teams last year at times when Kovy was out. Out-shooting Ottawa 34-14 and 33-11, Toronto 32-13, Boston 40-26 during that 10 game span Kovy was out. I know shot total doesn't mean everything, but those of us that watched those games know we outplayed all those teams significantly in those games. They were all playoff teams and one was in the finals. I think most of us agreed despite losing Clarkson, due to the additions this was going to be a better team this year. So if without Kovy that team dominated playoff teams and a finals team this one can too. Problem is no one could bury the puck on those teams, so we could dominate and lose a lot of games because no one scores or some of these guys can start finding the back of the net and we can be very good. 

Posted Image

#123 njdevs89

njdevs89

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 06:28 AM

Lol to put things bluntly, we signed a couple of newfies, traded for a goalie who has yet to play a full season and our most talented player walked out. Ouch. Not complaining, just funny when you look at it that way. Im not expecting much out of this team, just show a goddamn pulse.

#124 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,077 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 08:24 AM

I would really laugh if the current team plus an addition orr two that were going to obviously get makes another deep playoff run this year... Lots of downers and doubters on here
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#125 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,352 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 08:41 AM

Lol to put things bluntly, we signed a couple of newfies, traded for a goalie who has yet to play a full season and our most talented player walked out. Ouch. Not complaining, just funny when you look at it that way. Im not expecting much out of this team, just show a goddamn pulse.

Well that's the doom and gloom way to look at it, yes lol...

#126 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 09:00 AM

You don't think the goaltending was at fault? Here's my question: how come when the devils lose 1-0 you cry about how awful Marty is, but if Hedberg starts your honest response is "Hedberg doesn't score goals guyz!". I'm beginning to think you're Marty's ex wife.

Listen you little snot nosed college kid with a fvcking big mouth I don't care what you think ass hole. You'll never understand because you can't comprehend. Now get off my ass sh!t head. 

#127 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,669 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 09:03 AM

Listen you little snot nosed college kid with a fvcking big mouth I don't care what you think ass hole. You'll never understand because you can't comprehend. Now get off my ass sh!t head.

You could ignore him

#128 Vic Rattlehead18

Vic Rattlehead18

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 09:05 AM

:e-drama:

Devils.

#129 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 09:08 AM

You could ignore him

No way he is a bully behind a keyboard not wet behind the ears.

#130 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,803 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 09:31 AM

You could ignore him

But that'd prevent all the e-drama

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#131 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,127 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 11:00 AM

You sound like a teenaged girl. WAHH, I'm so misunderstood. Maybe if you weren't trying to sh!t on the team NON-STOP, everyone else wouldn't be on your case, but you insist on making posts you know no one will agree with, despite all logic and reason. Then you complain about the result.

#132 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,653 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 11:04 AM

Is the personal insult ban lifted? Cause I was gonna call some people doody heads if that's cool now :giggle:

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#133 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 11:15 AM

I'm not on your ass sh!t. It's a message boards. You post stupid things, I tell you they're stupid. I'm no more a bully than you are an astronaut, I'm just one of the few people remaining on the forums that doesn't have you on ignore. You troll your way through this forum, and I decided "ah why the hell not let's throw him a bone". You're getting what you came for; a reaction.

Heh. "ass sh!t head". Heh.

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#134 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,396 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 11:17 AM

GREAT BIG SEA!!!

NewfoundLAND!  WHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

You can laugh, but you are his puppy, dude. :evil:

I'm here for the party

#135 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,678 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 11:45 AM

Lamoriello: "I will be shocked if there’s not a young defenseman, at least one, in the lineup (next season). But I’ve been shocked before"

this is an interesting quote if you look into it and look too much into it

we have 7 NHL dmen signed... so considering he doesnt have a move in his mind to move one of the older D or run a 8dmen team again...  how could there's be more than 1? cause he said "at least one"

www.SterioDesign.com

#136 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,653 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 12:03 PM

Lamoriello: "I will be shocked if there’s not a young defenseman, at least one, in the lineup (next season). But I’ve been shocked before"

this is an interesting quote if you look into it and look too much into it

we have 7 NHL dmen signed... so considering he doesnt have a move in his mind to move one of the older D or run a 8dmen team again...  how could there's be more than 1? cause he said "at least one"

My guess would be he's expecting a player to play his way on to the team, possibly outplaying Harrold or Fayne. Salvador is 'untouchable' and no one will take Volch. Harrold seems fine in the 7th d-man role. My thought is if someone impresses, Fayne is on the block. If Larsson can or cannot show he can take on bigger minutes could also play into it.

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#137 njdevsftw

njdevsftw

Senior Devil

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 782 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 12:15 PM

We could use some slightly more agressive moderating here these days for sure..
Posted Image

#138 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 12:24 PM

I'm not on your ass sh!t. It's a message boards. You post stupid things, I tell you they're stupid. I'm no more a bully than you are an astronaut, I'm just one of the few people remaining on the forums that doesn't have you on ignore. You troll your way through this forum, and I decided "ah why the hell not let's throw him a bone". You're getting what you came for; a reaction.

OK my puppy whatever you say.

#139 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 12:33 PM

You sound like a teenaged girl. WAHH, I'm so misunderstood. Maybe if you weren't trying to sh!t on the team NON-STOP, everyone else wouldn't be on your case, but you insist on making posts you know no one will agree with, despite all logic and reason. Then you complain about the result.

Am I in your head? Do you have a problem reading? If you read all my post you would find that I am not NON-STOP sh!ting on the Devils. So you can follow me around as you have lately and be my ass wipe

#140 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,678 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 12:38 PM

My guess would be he's expecting a player to play his way on to the team, possibly outplaying Harrold or Fayne. Salvador is 'untouchable' and no one will take Volch. Harrold seems fine in the 7th d-man role. My thought is if someone impresses, Fayne is on the block. If Larsson can or cannot show he can take on bigger minutes could also play into it.

that would be a very bad move unless we can get something decent for Fayne. He's young and could potentially be a solid top 4 dmen for us for awhile. If a kid impress and need room, its obvious that A-train should go he's the most useless for what he's paid. He clearly should have been bought out. Not doing it was a bad move IMO. We can't trade him at this point. I dont feel like losing assets to make room just cause you cant move the older guy who should really go

www.SterioDesign.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users