33 replies to this topic

#21 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,904 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 08:44 AM

Don't rule the Predators out.  Of the 6 D-men on their roster, only Weber and Klein have played more than 2 seasons.  They could definitely use a veteran.  If they can clear Kostitsyn's cap hit, they could take Tallinder pretty easily.

They just ditched Hal GIll, supposedly because they wouldn't have room for him.  Was he that bad in Nashville that they are lying about that?

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#22 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,160 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 08:49 AM

Tallinder will be the one to go. He's got one year left and it is a year that is completely manageable cap-wise. His poor play towards the end of last season (coach-induced or not) was the kicker.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#23 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 26,904 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 09:44 AM

Tallinder will be the one to go. He's got one year left and it is a year that is completely manageable cap-wise. His poor play towards the end of last season (coach-induced or not) was the kicker.

Tallinder did not play poorly last year.  Dumping him would kill me, he is still a really effective defenseman and the Devils will get nothing for him because the league is too dumb to see that.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#24 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,142 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 10:09 AM

Tallinder did not play poorly last year. Dumping him would kill me, he is still a really effective defenseman and the Devils will get nothing for him because the league is too dumb to see that.

He's a 33 year old defenseman with one year left who might be good, but he doesn't fit in a lot of places, especially for purposes of making a trade right now and if you want to get a significant return. Maybe his value goes up closer to the trade deadline, but that's a ways away.

A draft pick and salary dump is the best you could hope to do right now, however good you think he is.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#25 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,938 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 10:37 AM

Yeah I just don't see anyone taking Volchenkov or Salvador unless we're taking back another bad contract. I'd be shocked if it wasn't Tallinder on the move.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#26 capo

capo

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 822 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 10:38 AM

Cap space wise Ottawa and Edmonton make the most sense to find a deal with.  Could do something like Tallinder, Josefson, Teddenby for Hemsky and Paajarvi.  Buffalo has a lot of space too, should they want to reunite with Tallinder.  That Salvador contract is the one that hurts the most and make the least sense.  Lou created the problem at D with that contract.

#27 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,142 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 11:00 AM

Cap space wise Ottawa and Edmonton make the most sense to find a deal with. Could do something like Tallinder, Josefson, Teddenby for Hemsky and Paajarvi. Buffalo has a lot of space too, should they want to reunite with Tallinder. That Salvador contract is the one that hurts the most and make the least sense. Lou created the problem at D with that contract.

I see a deal closer to what Minnesota got for Settiguci for Tallinder.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#28 RizzMB30

RizzMB30

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 11:36 AM

They picked one up in Andrej Sekera.

All the more reason for Buff to want Tallinder or Volch

This fan will never forget Scott Stevens.

believe-ll.jpgbelieve-devs.jpg

#29 capo

capo

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 822 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 11:44 AM

I see a deal closer to what Minnesota got for Settiguci for Tallinder. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I would do Tallinder to Buf for a 2nd.  It's likely to be a high 2nd in the beasty east.

#30 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,160 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 05:05 PM

Tallinder did not play poorly last year.  Dumping him would kill me, he is still a really effective defenseman and the Devils will get nothing for him because the league is too dumb to see that.

I thought his play was very inconsistent, especially when trying to play after being benched for awhile. Like I said, he was treated as expendable on this team last season and the Devils made it overt to me that they are willing to part with him.

I think Tallinder can still be an effective d-man, I did not say otherwise. I certainly cannot see Volch moving anywhere, Fayne is a possibility but I don't see the positive side of it, while he remains under contract he is cheap and can be benched if needed.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#31 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,185 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 09:31 AM

Salvador isn't going anywhere. I have the sense that Tallinder is gone. Larsson is ready to take the next step with his minutes. I think Volchenkov provides too much toughness to drop.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#32 caron14

caron14

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 10:00 AM

what about Washington... Maybe oates want one of our D to play for him (likely salvador or tallinder)

#33 msweet

msweet

The Voice of Reason

• Admin
  • 8,739 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 03:31 PM

Good call Tri & Neb

Follow me on Twitter @MSweetwood

Our best players need to be our best players...

#34 cgb6397

cgb6397

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 03:31 PM

It would seem a home has been found. /thread.
6qf7l3.jpg
"You know my boss, (Lou Lamoriello), we don't throw parades for second place"
-Pete Deboer on the Devils 5th Stanley Cup Final appearence

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users