9 replies to this topic

#1 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 01:04 PM

leaves NYC 4 PM August 15, and returns August 19 at 8 AM pricing starts at $636/person

http://www.app.com/a...w-Jersey-Devils

Edited by LucifersDog, 09 July 2013 - 01:13 PM.

#2 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,201 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 01:30 PM

http://devils.nhl.co...ge.htm?id=88314

Edit: Posted this on my phone but, for all you haters out there (jk), if you look on the link I provided you'll see that it has already sold out. And it actually sold out about a month ago so they got a great response and I hope they do fun fan things like this in the future

Edited by Colin226, 09 July 2013 - 01:44 PM.

Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#3 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,905 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 01:32 PM

Im sorry but it just sounds completely terrible.

Plus it is Carnival.

#4 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,888 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 01:34 PM

Almost $700 for a 3.5 day cruise?

Is that..is that standard rate for a cruise?  I've never been on one..but that seems stupidly expensive.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#5 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,905 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 01:42 PM

Is that..is that standard rate for a cruise?  I've never been on one..but that seems stupidly expensive.

A little, but it is also peak season.  It does include a lot of stuff usually. 

Best time is to go to the Caribbean in the early Spring or Autumn or take a cruise from NJ or NYC to Bermuda and save on airfare.

#6 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,201 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 01:42 PM

It does sounds a bit expensive but I think cruise prices are also determined by location, season, and the ship itself. Not sure the quality of this particular ship but I'm guessing that August is prime season for cruises up to a much less hot Canada.. Also, it's all you can eat every minute of every day.. Some guys I know did a spring break cruise and at 3am, while completely wasted, they ate filet mignon, lobsters, and chocolate lava cake.. So you're partially paying for the 24 hour all-you-can-stuff-your-face buffet

Edited by Colin226, 09 July 2013 - 01:43 PM.

Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#7 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,905 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 01:47 PM

It does sounds a bit expensive but I think cruise prices are also determined by location, season, and the ship itself. Not sure the quality of this particular ship but I'm guessing that August is prime season for cruises up to a much less hot Canada.. Also, it's all you can eat every minute of every day.. Some guys I know did a spring break cruise and at 3am, while completely wasted, they ate filet mignon, lobsters, and chocolate lava cake.. So you're partially paying for the 24 hour all-you-can-stuff-your-face buffet

The food really depends too.  Most includes meals, but stuff like the pizzeria and bistro on board most likely will be separate. 

#8 skeeter

skeeter

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,472 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 01:48 PM

I looked that particular cruise up on Carnival.com and it came up over $300 less if you didn't book through the Devils.
gallery_47_36_882.png
Keeper of Mike Miller's cracking voice
Keeper of Claude the trumpet guy
Keeper of Slapshot the fondlin' mascot

#9 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,905 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 01:57 PM

I looked that particular cruise up on Carnival.com and it came up over $300 less if you didn't book through the Devils.

But for $300 you get to talk to Ken Daneyko and Mike Peluso during breakfast and lunch.  You then get to hang out with the NJ Devil by the pool.  You then get exercise classes from the Devils Dancers (prob 1-4 of them at most) and then watch highlights of Devils games from 15 years ago every night with them.

Or you could go meet Daneyko at any Devils home game by the goal bar and get 2/3 of the experience for free.

Also for some reason they do not name the particular ship they are on but after some digging it is the Carnival Glory:

http://www.carnival....ival-glory.aspx

#10 gardenstatepkwy

gardenstatepkwy

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 02:27 PM

But for $300 you get to talk to Ken Daneyko and Mike Peluso during breakfast and lunch.  You then get to hang out with the NJ Devil by the pool.  You then get exercise classes from the Devils Dancers (prob 1-4 of them at most) and then watch highlights of Devils games from 15 years ago every night with them.

Or you could go meet Daneyko at any Devils home game by the goal bar and get 2/3 of the experience for free.

Also for some reason they do not name the particular ship they are on but after some digging it is the Carnival Glory:

http://www.carnival....ival-glory.aspx

I'd be down if the dancers did the exercising in the buff...(or maybe I'd be up)   :smilegah:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users