• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,362 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 11:31 AM

Clowe - Loktionov - Jagr

Elias - Zajac - Ryder

Henrique - Josefson - Zubrus

This seems more reasonable now.

A true leader is one who knows when to step aside for others to lead.

#222 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,108 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 11:32 AM

e4! e4!

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#223 Bibby89

Bibby89

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 11:33 AM

Is there anyway the signing of Jagr would make the team more appealing to Brunner? The way I see it if Brunner Jagr and Henrique all got around 3m a year that still leaves some more then 2m of cap space with time available to move a damn and clear more room. Hoping for about a 5 year deal for Henrique.

#224 pumpkin cutter

pumpkin cutter

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 11:42 AM

Oh godjr. Our teams looking mighty different since last year. I'm liking it so far.

#225 Bibby89

Bibby89

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 11:49 AM

Gotta love twitter news, there goes my Saturday afternoon.

#226 Dev.iL87

Dev.iL87

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 12:00 PM

hmm jedlička is really good source in my opinion :) hopefully lou dont overpay and will sign brunner too

believe-ll.jpg

#227 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,654 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 12:00 PM

Signing Josefson to a one year contract could be a disaster signing. If he centers Jagr not only will they dominate possession but he should put up a lot of points.

If he benefits that much, I'll live with having to pay him more. Whatever happens, he isn't going to get THAT much more. Salary cap is not going to be something to worry too much about for a while, especially if it bumps up to $70 million.

Jagr could also be good for a mid to late first round pick at the deadline if he puts up points.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#228 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,731 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 12:05 PM

i just hope if we sign Jagr that it will not be all. we need more than just a guy who's not gonna be there in 1-2 years

www.SterioDesign.com

#229 nessus

nessus

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 844 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 12:11 PM

Signing Josefson to a one year contract could be a disaster signing. If he centers Jagr not only will they dominate possession but he should put up a lot of points.

Yeah, he'll likely be playing with Loktionov or Josefson, which I thought would be a really good thing for the development of either one of those guys. I didn't even think about how this will affect their contracts next year. Not that paying more is the worst thing in the world, but Jagr would probably be gone the following year, which may lead to an overpayment/big contract.

Is there anyway the signing of Jagr would make the team more appealing to Brunner? The way I see it if Brunner Jagr and Henrique all got around 3m a year that still leaves some more then 2m of cap space with time available to move a damn and clear more room. Hoping for about a 5 year deal for Henrique.

As much as I want Brunner on this team, Jagr signing pretty much says that it's not going to happen. The Devils will already be paying Tedenby $600,000 likely to contribute nothing at the NHL level. Olesz will be playing a lot, IMO. There really isn't any room. The only way Brunner is signed is if they let Henrique go (which they won't) or if a trade at forward is made (and who is worth trading at this point?).

#230 capo

capo

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 834 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 12:15 PM

Elias JJ Jagr

There would be no more excuses for JJ after a chance like this...

#231 Bibby89

Bibby89

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 12:23 PM

As much as I want Brunner on this team, Jagr signing pretty much says that it's not going to happen. The Devils will already be paying Tedenby $600,000 likely to contribute nothing at the NHL level. Olesz will be playing a lot, IMO. There really isn't any room. The only way Brunner is signed is if they let Henrique go (which they won't) or if a trade at forward is made (and who is worth trading at this point?).[/quote]

I don't think Gionta should automatically be given a spot on the 23 man roster, nor should Teddy. Let them earn it in camp. Best case scenario, if Brunner does sign it makes them way deeper then they would be with either of those 2 players in there. I'm also somewhat optimistic about Olesz playing with something to prove and being a very solid player.

#232 nessus

nessus

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 844 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 12:55 PM

As much as I want Brunner on this team, Jagr signing pretty much says that it's not going to happen. The Devils will already be paying Tedenby $600,000 likely to contribute nothing at the NHL level. Olesz will be playing a lot, IMO. There really isn't any room. The only way Brunner is signed is if they let Henrique go (which they won't) or if a trade at forward is made (and who is worth trading at this point?).[/quote]

I don't think Gionta should automatically be given a spot on the 23 man roster, nor should Teddy. Let them earn it in camp. Best case scenario, if Brunner does sign it makes them way deeper then they would be with either of those 2 players in there. I'm also somewhat optimistic about Olesz playing with something to prove and being a very solid player.

I guess what I was going for with that post was not so much who can be part of that 23, but more about where Brunner fits if Jagr signs. For argument's sake, let's assume it's set in stone that Olesz will start out on the 4th line with Carter and Bernier. Is it possible to even construct a reasonable top 9 that doesn't include all the players in Jas0nMacIsaac's post at the top of this page? The only ones you can argue that may not get a spot at the NHL level next season are Loktionov and Josefson. After Loktionov's impressive season last year, he'll be back. I also think that Josefson will be given a really fair shot this time around.

Now if there are injuries down the road, we may find ourselves in some trouble. But as of now, it doesn't appear that there is so much freedom in the lineup.

(all this assumes Jagr signs)

#233 Bibby89

Bibby89

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 12:58 PM

I agree. The only option I'd see would be sitting Olesz and bumping josefson to the 4th centering Carter and Bernier but that would most likely stunt his development as well.

#234 Bibby89

Bibby89

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 01:06 PM

Had anyone addressed the need for another right handed shot also? As it stands right now even with Gionta on the big club that only leaves him. Zajac, Ryder and Bernier as far as forwards go.

#235 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,971 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 01:13 PM

Ugh I really don't want Jagr. I can't stand him.

#236 Dadds

Dadds

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 991 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 01:48 PM

I like the idea of jagr on the team. He might be a good influence for the younger guys.
"I think I'm going to become a Devils fan so they start never winning again." A sad flyers fan

"**** this. NJ might as well be allowed to build a brick wall in front of the net and let Marty sit on the bench. Would be no difference" A sad penguins fan

#237 grcenter47

grcenter47

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,319 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 01:50 PM

I am assuming if he signs here it would be for one year but how likely could it be for two?

#238 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 02:01 PM

I am assuming if he signs here it would be for one year but how likely could it be for two?

These forums would explode if he signed for two years

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#239 grcenter47

grcenter47

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,319 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 02:08 PM

hahaha... these forums explode for anything

#240 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 02:56 PM

Hello puppy, if Jagr signed for two years would you blame Lou or Jagr as you explode again?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users