337 replies to this topic

#241 Coorslight

Coorslight

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,334 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 03:32 PM

This guy is supposedly legit. Jagr use to run his blog off of the site that this guy works for. Michelle Kenneth, who I trust as she puts her name on the line of anything she tweets, says he's legit.

Some quotes and translations.

Zdenek Janda ‏@zdenek_janda

Doplnění k Jágrovi. Vše směřuje k Devils,ale pozor. Ve hře podle zdrojů iSport.cz jsou stále i Flyers.Philly by se však někoho musela zbavit

Adding to Jagr. Everything leads to the Devils, but be careful. Game by sources iSport.cz are still too Flyers.Philly, however, someone had to get rid of

Zdenek Janda ‏@zdenek_janda

Jágr a Devils. Ano, vše je na dobré cestě. Ale pozor, smlouva ještě NENÍ podepsaná...

Zdenek Janda @ zdenek_janda 41 m
Jagr and Devils. Yes, everything is on track. But beware, the contract is not yet signed ...

Michelle Kenneth ‏@MichelleKenneth

For those questioning Zdenek's credibility...read last few RTs. Please note Jagr posts his blog at same site Zdenek writes for.

Michelle Kenneth ‏@MichelleKenneth

Also...for the record...Czech media is ALWAYS right about JJ. If I challenge it, 1/2 dozen Czech reporters msg me to give me their source.

1dun.jpg

#242 grcenter47

grcenter47

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,346 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 03:37 PM

I am hoping Lou cancelled his Meigray appearance for this or for some big move

#243 Coorslight

Coorslight

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,334 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 03:40 PM

I'm feeling the same way. I know Jagr is old and probably will run out of gas by the end of the season. Also, I always hated him and his stupid tucked in tail of his jersey...but I can't say I'd be upset if he signed with the Devils for under 4mill. Lou is going balls to the wall.

IDK if any of you are familiar with Michelle but I believe 100% anything she posts. She's scary in things she predicts and also is a HUGE Jagr fan, so she follows news on him very closely.

1dun.jpg

#244 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,220 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 03:53 PM

Hello puppy, if Jagr signed for two years would you blame Lou or Jagr as you explode again?

I don't get it, but I still laugh!

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#245 njdevsftw

njdevsftw

Senior Devil

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 03:55 PM

Jagr for 1 year is a pretty ideal short term bandaid, really hope this works out.. Would still love Brunner though.
Posted Image

#246 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 16,016 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 03:58 PM

Hello puppy, if Jagr signed for two years would you blame Lou or Jagr as you explode again?
I don't get it, but I still laugh!

I picked out a new avatar for you MIB: cartoon_puppies_picturescartoon_puppy_do
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#247 nessus

nessus

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 879 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 04:06 PM

If I recall correctly, Olesz was drawing some Jagr comparisons around the time he was drafted. I'm not saying Olesz is going to be a superstar or anything, but Jagr could be pretty helpful to set him on the right track. Not sure if they'd have a chance to be linemates though.

#248 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,007 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 04:26 PM

If I recall correctly, Olesz was drawing some Jagr comparisons around the time he was drafted. I'm not saying Olesz is going to be a superstar or anything, but Jagr could be pretty helpful to set him on the right track. Not sure if they'd have a chance to be linemates though.

I think it's the same reason that any Swedish defenseman that's over 6' and drafted in the top 10 picks gets compared to Lidstrom.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#249 Devs4LIFE

Devs4LIFE

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,517 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 04:27 PM

Hopefully this is for no more than 2 million, 1 year. Doubtful though.

Posted Image

#250 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 10,220 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 04:36 PM

I picked out a new avatar for you MIB: cartoon_puppies_picturescartoon_puppy_do

God I hope LD doesn't have a puppy in real life. That poor thing probably doesn't see food when Marty wins a game :(

Hopefully this is for no more than 2 million, 1 year. Doubtful though.

I'm guessing 4m/1. Not saying that's what it should be, just saying what I think it is.

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#251 grcenter47

grcenter47

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,346 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 04:44 PM

this is a dumb question but if jagr  signs here for one year and has a year where he puts up 60-70 pts (all hypothetical). do you think lou will sign him again for another year?

#252 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,388 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 04:47 PM

let's say we get him, is he one of those "special  player" like gimour or mogilny who will be able to keep his higher than 30 # ?

www.SterioDesign.com

#253 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,290 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 04:51 PM

let's say we get him, is he one of those "special player" like gimour or mogilny who will be able to keep his higher than 30 # ?

Yes there is no chance Jagr isn't wearing 68 if we sign him. I'm hoping these reports our wrong though. I know he could probably help us a bit but I just can't stand him.

#254 Coorslight

Coorslight

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,334 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 04:51 PM

let's say we get him, is he one of those "special  player" like gimour or mogilny who will be able to keep his higher than 30 # ?

No doubt in my mind he gets 68.

1dun.jpg

#255 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 04:54 PM

Jagr will get 25

#256 Coorslight

Coorslight

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,334 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 04:57 PM

Yes there is no chance Jagr isn't wearing 68 if we sign him. I'm hoping these reports our wrong though. I know he could probably help us a bit but I just can't stand him.

Just for you...

Jagr.jpg

1dun.jpg

#257 nessus

nessus

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 879 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 06:21 PM

You know, with all my talk about how the Devils won't sign both Brunner and Jagr, I'm really beginning to wonder why another team hasn't scooped Brunner up by now. There's got to be a high demand for him since he could be an emerging scoring threat, and many teams must know that.

I'm assuming both rumors were true of course (Devils were in talks with Brunner for a while and Jagr is close to signing).

But honestly speaking, there were several rumors floating around about Damien Brunner until his Devils signing was imminent. Since, we've heard absolutely nothing, which seems a bit strange. Is this sort of thing normal?

If both of these guys are signed, I have no idea what that means for the players on the roster who aren't so accomplished as NHL players yet.

#258 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,372 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 06:35 PM

I suppose Brunner's short track record (58 GP) is probably resulting in teams offering what his agent or him deems is too low at the moment. That would be my guess.

Getting back to Jagr, I would never have thought he would ever play for the Devils so it would be pretty cool to see it happen. I'm all for it but I really hope DeBoer is proactive in managing his minutes and games played. I'd like to see some lines like this:

Elias-Zajac-Ryder
Clowe-Loktionov-Jagr
Henrique-Josefson-Zubrus
Olesz-Carter-Bernier
Ex: Gionta, Tedenby

With managing Jagr's minutes, all the back to backs, and injuries there will be plenty of time for the extras to get in the line up.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#259 Bibby89

Bibby89

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 06:35 PM

I would be ecstatic if that's the case. I'm at the point now where nothing would surprise me though.

#260 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,388 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 06:40 PM

clowe and Jagr on the same line... thats one hell of a slow line

imagine the speed on the ice if this would ever happen...

clowe-lokti-jagr

Volchenkov-Salvador

Edited by SterioDesign, 20 July 2013 - 06:41 PM.

www.SterioDesign.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users