337 replies to this topic

#281 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 11:27 AM

Well if our first line is Elias, Jagr and Ryder we can still call it CZ Ryder!

and we'll make the playoff's.....so you can dump that creepy kid pic !

#282 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,172 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 11:53 AM

Jesus the frustration of the offseason is really getting to people this year :lol:

I'll bet Jagr is signed by Wednesday, whether here or somewhere else.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#283 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,144 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 12:23 PM

So you are a college student but not a smart one.

But you are still my puppy.

I was thinking of changing LD to Coryisth3b3st or Coryisb3tt3rthanMarty what do you think.

I think you are simply adorable.

-----------------

I'm hoping this news moves along; it would make it much easier to start talking realistically about playoff chances and line combos once we know who we're dealing with.

Also, the more Lou talks about "a kid playing defense" the more the Zidlicky deal confuses me. Yeah, it's a very cheap signing for a guy like that, but... Hmm.

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#284 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,361 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 01:25 PM

-----------------

I'm hoping this news moves along; it would make it much easier to start talking realistically about playoff chances and line combos once we know who we're dealing with.

Also, the more Lou talks about "a kid playing defense" the more the Zidlicky deal confuses me. Yeah, it's a very cheap signing for a guy like that, but... Hmm.

To me, it kinda smells like a just in case one of the young guys doesn't work out fail-safe deal. Somebody could always be moved at the deadline, hell, even Zid might be someone who could go, assuming someone grabs that last spot on the D corps.

#285 Legion15

Legion15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,896 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 02:03 PM

Jesus the frustration of the offseason is really getting to people this year :lol:

I think it's more people want all this free-agent BS to get done and to be able to start focusing on getting up for the season. This waiting to see if we sign Brunner, Jagr or someone else and lock up Henrique is frustrating. Nobody seems to be in a hurry to get it done...well I guess it give us fans stuff to talk about all summer while we wait

WtnoJnL.jpg
One Day at a Time

#286 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 02:29 PM

As a freshmen in college you don't have the maturity to understand DM's message

#287 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,479 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 03:43 PM

Cory is my puppy.  No really - he IS! 

IMG_0662.jpg

I'm here for the party

#288 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,348 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 04:18 PM

The puppy thing was funny for a day and now it's starting to get a little bit creepy...

n2eg.jpg

#289 caron14

caron14

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,445 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 04:31 PM

#BREAKING #BreakingNews #NHL #Devils #Signing #Devils sign Jaromir Jagr to a 1 year contract #NSS

I think he is legit 

He have 20 000 follower and several ones (alain crêtes from rds etc.)

Edited by caron14, 21 July 2013 - 04:32 PM.

#290 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,897 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 04:35 PM

Hopefully

#291 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,518 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 04:40 PM

On July 5th NHLSourcesSay said Mason Raymond signed a 2 year deal with Calgary.

Good rule of thumb, if a source is anonymous in their own name then it's also bullsh!t.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#292 caron14

caron14

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,445 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 04:43 PM

On July 5th NHLSourcesSay said Mason Raymond signed a 2 year deal with Calgary.

Good rule of thumb, if a source is anonymous in their own name then it's also bullsh!t.

Maybe but if he is bullsh!t why the fvck 20 000 people follow him he might be right the majority of time... Well if not i dont follow him anymore

#293 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,518 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 04:49 PM

If he was legit he would have 580k followers like a real hockey insider.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#294 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,782 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 04:53 PM

Ya know why I just want the free agent sh!t to end? So I don't have to see 568 posts from these Twitter dipsh!ts who claim to be 'insiders'. I'm sick of it.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#295 caron14

caron14

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,445 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 04:57 PM

fvcking offseason!!!!!!!!!!!! Devils cant have a fvcking break we wait or kovy we wait for parise! kovy left we wait for brunner jagr mason raymond and even Gordon Bombay! there is no offseason whan you are a devils i hate the waiting game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#296 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 10,144 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 05:14 PM

The puppy thing was funny for a day and now it's starting to get a little bit creepy...

I dunno, I think it's been pretty creepy since it started :thumbsup:

fvcking offseason!!!!!!!!!!!! Devils cant have a fvcking break we wait or kovy we wait for parise! kovy left we wait for brunner jagr mason raymond and even Gordon Bombay! there is no offseason whan you are a devils i hate the waiting game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I dunno why but this made me chuckle.. probably because it's how most of us feel.

Ya know why I just want the free agent sh!t to end? So I don't have to see 568 posts from these Twitter dipsh!ts who claim to be 'insiders'. I'm sick of it.

Twitter: giving instant fame and credibility to millions of 11 year olds with internet access.

Cory is my puppy.  No really - he IS! 

IMG_0662.jpg

My aunt had a dalmation when I was growing up, loved that god. He/she is beautiful, PK!

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#297 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,928 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 05:18 PM

It'd be easier if people realized that most inside sources are bullsh!t.  And don't worry once free agency is 'over', then you'll see the trades coming that teams have to make to get under the salary cap.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#298 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,028 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 05:19 PM

Maybe but if he is bullsh!t why the fvck 20 000 people follow him he might be right the majority of time... Well if not i dont follow him anymore

20,000 followers doesn't mean he knows something. It just means people fall for his bull. Ecklund has followers and he's terrible.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#299 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,178 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 06:34 PM

to me its the past 3 offseasons, its been hell literally, never has a fan i remember been able to just relax and wait for hockey to start.  

2010:

1- Zach's contract talks part 1 / arbitration

2- the NEVERENDING Kovy saga

3- The contract penalty

4- have to start a season and play a man short cause Lou handled the cap terribly and players had to play with that black cloud on top of their head knowing someone had to go.

5- Bankruptcy rumours looming

6- terrible (if not worst ever) start of the season + Zach's injury

7-missing the playoffs

The draft expectations and drafting Larsson we're good points i guess.

2011:

1- Bankruptcy rumours looming again

3- Zach's contract talks part 2 / him leaving

Cup run was of course fun, thank god.

2012:

1- Missing the playoffs again

2- Clarkson walking

3- Eternal financial trouble talks

4- Kovy fvcking retiring

of course im not saying everything of the past 3 years we're bad, but as fans we had to go through a fvcking crazy amount of sh!t compared to other teams. Seems like we're ALWAYS waiting for a situation to get resolve and until it's done we're just waiting and waiting and waiting all nervous hoping for the best, very annoying after awhile.

I'd just like to have all our team signed not having to worry about losing our top players, confident in the team for the upcoming season, confident about the team structure and financial stability. Its not that much to ask to me? lol

Edited by SterioDesign, 21 July 2013 - 06:35 PM.

www.SterioDesign.com

#300 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,210 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 07:35 PM

Slightly ironic only because, when I first joined this forum and became a more avid fan, the main complaint was that our offseasons were too boring and bland.. Maybe we get what we ask for? :P

Edited by Colin226, 21 July 2013 - 07:35 PM.

Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users