337 replies to this topic

#41 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,898 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 09:52 PM

In other words Jägr is not drawing much interest from anyone in the NHL.
After watching Jägr in the playoffs I can see why Boston didn't want him back. His agent is getting desperate to start these rumors to draw interest in him.

Yeah this. He said he wanted to play for mtl, then when they didnt want him, same thing with the flyers... Didnt bite.. So only nowwww hed want to play with elias? Thats pathetic lol

www.SterioDesign.com

#42 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,205 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 10:16 PM

Jags is going wherever the money is at.. But he's just so damn old and slow.. If I'm Lou, I don't sign him until mid-season at best if no one else bites.. Who knows, maybe we will have an injury and need a player with very good hands.. Maybe Jags can still play half a season like Shanny did with us before he retired

Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#43 Jas0nMacIsaac

Jas0nMacIsaac

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,368 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 10:29 PM

http://www.behindthe...24 25 26 27 28#

Yea, he was so terrible in the playoffs.

A true leader is one who knows when to step aside for others to lead.

#44 nessus

nessus

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 868 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 10:32 PM

Seriously.

I didn't have the stats, but I was about to say that he looked great this post season. People saw that he had 0 goals and wrote him off as useless. They must not have been watching very closely. He may have been slow, but his strength helped him compensate for that. He definitely helped their offense a lot.

#45 bekim

bekim

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 10:34 PM

I can't believe there is so much opposition. Even through his late season scoring droughts, Jagr was still dishing the puck with the best of them. On a team that has two or three solid passers, hands like Jagrs could work wonders for this PP

Yeah buddy.  Definitely agree.  But I think opposition comes in when the current lineup is considered.  Personally, if NJ could sign him to reasonable money (1 year max) and it were to bump a Gionta out of the lineup, all the better.  Would be cool as hell to see him out there in a Devils sweater.  Plus his awesome playoff chops are invaluable.  But I don't think NJ can offer him a top 6 spot or top 6 money.  But we'll see.  You never know!

#46 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,225 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 10:42 PM

Jagr did pretty well in Dallas last season. One thing that he provides is that the opposition has to respect him and his shot so he creates more space on the ice by his mere presence alone.

frabz-Al-Bundy-Sees-Your-New-Shoes-Al-Bu

#47 oconnellrules

oconnellrules

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 10:43 PM

i was always pining for a elias-jagr duo back in the day...2 of the smarter players to every play the game. at the right price I say hell yeah, but at this point whats the point? theres enough age on this team already. unfortunately this is about 5 years too late.

cmon marty

#3 #4 #27 #30 #26

#48 mouse

mouse

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,510 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 10:53 PM

Did having Sykora hurt the team at all 2 years ago? At worst (for the right price), Jagr does the same thing. At best, we manage his minutes/games right, and he's an asset on the PP during the playoffs.

Sumus Legio
You don't turn this around in a couple shifts. Its going to take a little time, but I know the guys will come back. Because I can see it. -- Jacques Lemaire

sguq.jpg

#49 bekim

bekim

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 11:01 PM

Did having Sykora hurt the team at all 2 years ago? At worst (for the right price), Jagr does the same thing. At best, we manage his minutes/games right, and he's an asset on the PP during the playoffs.

What was Sykora's cap hit---650,000?  I think something like this has to be considered in real terms.  If Jagr would sign for that, I don't think anyone would bemoan this rumor.  But at a likely asking price of 4mill, then you have to consider its effect on Henrique negotiations, ability to do anything else mid-season, etc.  I don't think most on the board would oppose a 2mill signing for that matter.  But as it's been said, I agree Jagr will go wherever the most money is offered.

#50 mouse

mouse

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,510 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 11:04 PM

What was Sykora's cap hit---650,000?  I think something like this has to be considered in real terms.  If Jagr would sign for that, I don't think anyone would bemoan this rumor.  But at a likely asking price of 4mill, then you have to consider its effect on Henrique negotiations, ability to do anything else mid-season, etc.  I don't think most on the board would oppose a 2mill signing for that matter.  But as it's been said, I agree Jagr will go wherever the most money is offered.

As has been said here already, the market for Jagr isn't great. If he wants to play with Elias for 1 more cup, having realized that a huge payday isn't in the offing, I'd take him in a second.

Sumus Legio
You don't turn this around in a couple shifts. Its going to take a little time, but I know the guys will come back. Because I can see it. -- Jacques Lemaire

sguq.jpg

#51 bekim

bekim

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 11:06 PM

As has been said here already, the market for Jagr isn't great. If he wants to play with Elias for 1 more cup, having realized that a huge payday isn't in the offing, I'd take him in a second.

How much would you pay him to make it happen?

#52 roomtemp

roomtemp

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 11:11 PM

He should flirt with the Penguins and then sign with the Capitals for the heck of it

#53 bekim

bekim

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 11:25 PM

PS--is there any proof about the market?  By my estimation, wave 1 was a frenzy.  And wave 2 has not yet started.  The "wave" effect for signings is long established.  Jagr will get signed just as soon as the other notable remaining UFAs start going (ie Brunner, Grabovski, Raymond).  I'd expect all those guys (and Jagr) to be signed within a few days of one another (if not on same day).  Granted, none of those guys will command 5mill or anything, but they might all command 3+.

#54 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,962 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 12:29 AM

I love jagr, and he's still got it...but his stamina is shot. He's just got little left in the tank anymore. If we could get him real cheap and stick hIm in the third line and PP, then great!

#55 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,898 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:13 AM

Seriously.

I didn't have the stats, but I was about to say that he looked great this post season. People saw that he had 0 goals and wrote him off as useless. They must not have been watching very closely. He may have been slow, but his strength helped him compensate for that. He definitely helped their offense a lot.

exactly. Same thing with Seguin people we're calling him off cause they we're seeing he was not scoring but not really watching him play. He was a beast out there at time. Puck would simply not go in. 

but the thing is if he sign for cheap, he wouldn sign in NJ i think. He'd sign somewhere he could play on top 2 lines and where he think he could go for a run. I think we have a pretty solid team this season but not sure about the outside perception 

Edited by SterioDesign, 10 July 2013 - 07:15 AM.

www.SterioDesign.com

#56 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,364 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:19 AM

exactly. Same thing with Seguin people we're calling him off cause they we're seeing he was not scoring but not really watching him play. He was a beast out there at time. Puck would simply not go in. 

but the thing is if he sign for cheap, he wouldn sign in NJ i think. He'd sign somewhere he could play on top 2 lines and where he think he could go for a run. I think we have a pretty solid team this season but not sure about the outside perception 

The Schneider, Clowe and Ryder acquisitions make us a FARRRRR better team than we were before the draft/free agency.  Call me crazy, but I can see this team making a hard push!

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#57 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,982 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:20 AM

On a bonus-laden deal?  Sure.

2nd/3rd Line PP player.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#58 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,426 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 08:12 AM

Oh good, strat-a-matic numbers.   

He played 20+ playoff games with a great center and wing in Bergeron and Marchand,  had ample minutes on the powerplay and produced NOTHING.     Which is why Boston passed on him even though Horton left and they went after Iginla.   Jagr is too slow and old.    Fortunately, Boston looks at performance on the ice, not on irrelevant numbers.

I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#59 Elias26

Elias26

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,576 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 08:43 AM

He's going to want over 3m I'm sure.  I like the idea of him playing with Elias.  At his point he would be a more talent version of Sykora in his last year here.

Edited by Elias26, 10 July 2013 - 08:45 AM.

Bobby Holik wouldn't name a (Christmas) song. He said: "Music means nothing to me." When Tom Gulitti of the
Record suggested he'd be called Scrooge, Holik said: "It won't be the first time." -Bobby Holik Christmas 2008

“I made a decision to be here. Just because the team is going through a rough time doesn’t mean you leave. This has become my second home. I love playing here. Patrik Elias January 31, 2011

#60 Jas0nMacIsaac

Jas0nMacIsaac

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,368 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 09:06 AM

Oh good, strat-a-matic numbers.   

He played 20+ playoff games with a great center and wing in Bergeron and Marchand,  had ample minutes on the powerplay and produced NOTHING.     Which is why Boston passed on him even though Horton left and they went after Iginla.   Jagr is too slow and old.    Fortunately, Boston looks at performance on the ice, not on irrelevant numbers.

Explain hy these numbers are irrelevant. I suggest you actually learn what some of these numbers mean before you dismiss them.

A true leader is one who knows when to step aside for others to lead.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users