91 replies to this topic

#41 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,921 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:03 PM

i know its a pretty obvious thinking but Ottawa? Played there before, they have Karlsson, Philips, Methot, corvo and Gryba signed ... they have to re-sign cowen and wiercioch who are RFA? they lost Gonchar who was playing a lot of minutes too so who knows? 

they have 14m of cap space right now.

www.SterioDesign.com

#42 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,775 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:06 PM

Ottawa is at present a cap floor ish team.  I don't see why they'd be interested unless NJ took back some bad salary, which Ottawa doesn't really have.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#43 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,921 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:00 PM

per TG

Lamoriello said he re-signed Zidlicky, "For what he brings to the power play. He’s a puck-moving defenseman and he fit in very well.Right now, our defense is solid with veterans and we still have the opportunity for a young player .and we still have a chance of making another move if necessary.

so hum... i certainly hope he doesnt mean by "still have the opportunity for a young player" = having 8 dmen

more from TG

So, it sounds like Lamoriello intends to try to move another defenseman before the start of next season. We'll see.

Edited by SterioDesign, 10 July 2013 - 06:03 PM.

www.SterioDesign.com

#44 cgb6397

cgb6397

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:00 PM

i know its a pretty obvious thinking but Ottawa? Played there before, they have Karlsson, Philips, Methot, corvo and Gryba signed ... they have to re-sign cowen and wiercioch who are RFA? they lost Gonchar who was playing a lot of minutes too so who knows? 

they have 14m of cap space right now.

Haha, that would work out beautifully, send two unwanted contracts right back from where they came. 

6qf7l3.jpg
"You know my boss, (Lou Lamoriello), we don't throw parades for second place"
-Pete Deboer on the Devils 5th Stanley Cup Final appearence

#45 sokar

sokar

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:04 PM

I wonder if the Devils would take on half of Volchenkov contract for on year to get rid of him

#46 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,256 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:10 PM

I wonder if the Devils would take on half of Volchenkov contract for on year to get rid of him

Volch is signed for 3 more years. I don't know how another team can look at him and say, yeah, I'll take 2 years of him at full price + NTC, so long as NJ takes $2.1M in salary for one year. If I were a GM, there's no way I take him at full price for more than 25% of the season, i.e. deadline day in the last year of his deal.

#47 Devs4LIFE

Devs4LIFE

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,517 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:12 PM

As we stand right now our Defense is the exact same Defense we had when we made our cup run, the only two differences being....

A) Salvador and Zid are two years older and badly in decline.

B) Larsson has another half season (Lockout shortened) of experience and will eat up a lot more important minutes than he did the previous two seasons.

So to reieterate, A is bad and B is very good. When you think about it the situation could be much worse, also when Zid fvcks up we just scratch him and have Harrold play. The beauty of a 1 year contract.

Also I don't think Volchenkov is as terrible as everyone gives him credit for, or a lack therof. I think that Salvador is worse than Volch, his contract would be easier to move anyway. Regardless I think the D we have is what we get next season, I could see a situation where Greene or Volch or Sal go down and we call up Gelinas or Merrill and give them a shot over Harrold.

Greene-Larsson

Sal-Fayne

Volch-Zid

Harrold

That's what we're probably looking at.

Edited by Devs4LIFE, 10 July 2013 - 06:26 PM.

Posted Image

#48 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,775 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:21 PM

The Devils are going to have 14 forwards signed to one-way contracts + Stephen Gionta who played in all the games last year.  They are not going with 8 defensemen again.  In addition, players get hurt, so even if those are the starting seven, we will see plenty of the rookies.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#49 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,029 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:04 PM

Ok one year that is crazy, I can't imagine no other teams wanted to offer him a one year contract.... Still waiting to hear the number but I'm confident it's reasonable... One year is great either way

I don't know how I feel about train Volch. I know we're gonna have to eat some of that contract and not even get a good return anyway. I know the idea to make cap room is good, but the idea to create roster room is stupid.

i know im the minority but i actually like what Volch brings, i think we'd be better off with him in ou lineup and especially with trading Sal instead

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#50 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,676 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:22 PM

Ok one year that is crazy, I can't imagine no other teams wanted to offer him a one year contract.... Still waiting to hear the number but I'm confident it's reasonable... One year is great either way

I don't know how I feel about train Volch. I know we're gonna have to eat some of that contract and not even get a good return anyway. I know the idea to make cap room is good, but the idea to create roster room is stupid.

i know im the minority but i actually like what Volch brings, i think we'd be better off with him in ou lineup and especially with trading Sal instead

zid said he had other offers but he was waiting specifically on Lou.

#51 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,921 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:37 PM

4m is the perfect number here for me... 4m im saying "fine"... 4.5m im starting to make "sssshffsss" sounds... 3.5m im very happy and less than 3.5m im highfiving myself all night long.

www.SterioDesign.com

#52 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,297 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:53 PM

I'd be pretty surprised if Volchenkov is traded. Lou might gauge interest but I think the NTC might come into play.

I'm also not so sure he's so eager to go back to Ottawa.

I think this is the D he wants to go to camp with. There will be injuries and the kids will absolutely get their chance.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#53 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,921 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 08:23 PM

per Aaron Ward

Marek Zidlicky deal with new Jersey Devils is a 1 year deal/ $3 million per with games played incentives #TSN

fvck. Yeah.

www.SterioDesign.com

#54 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,584 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 08:25 PM

bet you he comes in right at 4m for the year
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#55 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,921 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 08:26 PM

what does the incentive thing means though? 

Edited by SterioDesign, 10 July 2013 - 08:27 PM.

www.SterioDesign.com

#56 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,504 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 08:28 PM

If Zids plays a certain number of games then he's paid a bonus.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#57 cgb6397

cgb6397

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 08:29 PM

what does the incentive thing means though? 

Like what are incentives? There's certain milestones that if Zids reaches this season, he gets paid "X" amount. Could be games played as mentioned, goals, assists etc.

6qf7l3.jpg
"You know my boss, (Lou Lamoriello), we don't throw parades for second place"
-Pete Deboer on the Devils 5th Stanley Cup Final appearence

#58 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,921 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 08:29 PM

so we have 4.1m to re-sign Henrique and Josefson, lets say no other player is traded

www.SterioDesign.com

#59 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,351 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 08:30 PM

That's an amazing deal. Even moreso when you consider Gonchar and Streit got 5 on multi-year contracts.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#60 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,125 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 08:36 PM

So far these games played bonuses have been pretty funny. Iginla and Alfredsson have heavy bonus-laden deals, where they both achieve them if they play 10 games. I imagine these deals are structured like this for the benefit of the team and possibly player, but not exactly sure how. 

That's an amazing deal. Even moreso when you consider Gonchar and Streit got 5 on multi-year contracts.

I'm not so sure. Both are significantly better than Zidlicky. 

Edited by devilsrule33, 10 July 2013 - 08:36 PM.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users