• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 msweet

msweet

The Voice of Reason

• Admin
  • 8,819 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 03:42 PM

Defenseman Matt Corrente, the Devils’ 2006 first-round draft pick, signed one-year, two-way contract with the Carolina Hurricanes today. Corrente’s deal carries an NHL salary of $550,000 (the NHL minimum) and an AHL salary of $90,000 with a guarantee he’ll make at least $105,000, the Hurricanes announced. - See more at: 

The Pittsburgh Penguins announced they signed right wing Matt D’Agostini to a one-year contract for the league-minimum of $550,000.

D’Agostini, 26,  would have been a restricted free agent, but the Devils opted not to qualify him at $1.8 million, making him an unrestricted free agent.

See more at: http://blogs.northje...h.xnkDterH.dpuf

Follow me on Twitter @MSweetwood

"Quite frankly, all the players are getting paid too much and all the contracts are too long," general manager Lou Lamoriello said. "But if you want to compete in this market and you want to win, there are some things you have to do."

#2 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,056 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 03:45 PM

Adios amigos.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#3 msweet

msweet

The Voice of Reason

• Admin
  • 8,819 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 03:46 PM

Corrente was suppose to be Scott Stevens - like

lol

Follow me on Twitter @MSweetwood

"Quite frankly, all the players are getting paid too much and all the contracts are too long," general manager Lou Lamoriello said. "But if you want to compete in this market and you want to win, there are some things you have to do."

#4 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,860 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 03:48 PM

B-b-b-b-bust.  Riddence Corrente.

No place for Dags on this roster.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#5 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,717 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 03:51 PM

Good luck to Corrente. The guy just couldn't stay healthy. I hope he makes Carolina's roster.

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#6 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 04:00 PM

I was a big fan of Dags. His contract with the Pens could have "bargain/steal" written all over it. Personally I would have been content with having D'Agostini been our Clarkson replacement then kinda overpaying for Clowe. D'Agostini is a very underrated player.

n2eg.jpg

#7 hystyk28

hystyk28

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 922 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:30 PM

MacLean knows Corrente and I think he thinks highly of him, so I am not shocked there.  I thought Tao might end up there but he re-signed in TB, on a nice 200k AHL salary. I still think he will get a shot in the show.

Dags never impressed me.

#8 Devs4LIFE

Devs4LIFE

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,517 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:53 PM

Damn, I really thought that if the Devils re signed Corrente to another year he had a chance of making the roster in a limited role finally. Oh well, best of luck to ya.

Posted Image

#9 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,184 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:58 PM

Too many other younger D and not enough spots for Corrente as is

Posted Image
Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#10 iamtheprodigy

iamtheprodigy

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 08:59 PM

I liked Corrente when he was here. Gritty and seemed to have decent offensive instincts. Seems like injuries really derailed his career and now he got surpassed by too many other prospects. Oh well.

#11 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,393 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 08:31 AM

MacLean knows Corrente and I think he thinks highly of him, so I am not shocked there.  I thought Tao might end up there but he re-signed in TB, on a nice 200k AHL salary. I still think he will get a shot in the show.

Dags never impressed me.

Wow, I totally forgot about Taormina. Man, he really came out of no where that year to show some promise. It's disappointing that he hasn't been able to make it all that much beyond that season.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users