97 replies to this topic

#41 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,761 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 04:00 PM

RT @AlexandrZaytsev: Sport-Express is reporting that Kovalchuk will play for SKA in the KHL.

Good.  I hope Elias didn't have a talk with him about the food over there.

#42 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,671 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 04:02 PM

It's gotta be an illness.  There's no way he's this much of a douchebag.

I mean, I'm not saying I hope he's seriously ill.  But it'd make this whole thing much easier to swallow as a fan if he left on good terms, because right now I'm hoping his plane goes down over the middle of the ocean.

Well nevermind.  fvck you Kovy. 

It's the same illness the owners had last off season. Pure, unadulterated greed.

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#43 NJCroMag

NJCroMag

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 04:03 PM

When's the jersey retirement?

Damn near fell off my chair when I read this...

Thanks. A much-needed laugh.
"A lot o' people don't realize what's really going on. They view life as a bunch o' unconnected incidents 'n things. They don't realize that there's this, like, lattice o' coincidence that lays on top o' everything. Give you an example; show you what I mean: suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness."

#44 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 04:05 PM

My heart stopped when i read this..

#45 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,827 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 04:06 PM

So, I'm happy I spent $150 on a Kovy jersey.  That was a smart investment!  

Wonder if the Devils will have a re-numbering special deal thing.  If they're smart, they will.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#46 Devlin

Devlin

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 543 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 04:07 PM

Holy sh!t...I'm not even sure what to say.

Sent from my Galaxy TAB using Tapatalk 2

#47 Steadevils

Steadevils

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 04:07 PM

can we now stop being Kovy's devils and go back to being the Devils?

"I realized from Day 1 the way I played I'd never be a Gretzky or a Lemieux, well, a Mario I mean. I was never going to be a player to get standing ovations in a visitors' building."

-- Claude Lemieux - May 7, 1999

#48 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,900 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 04:08 PM

Damn near fell off my chair when I read this...

Thanks. A much-needed laugh.

Haha! You're welcome.

#49 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,961 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 04:08 PM

This is how I felt when Ricky Williams retired from the Dolphins in 2004. Incredibly shocking. Guess I need a new avy. Get Vanek Lou.

Edited by MadDog2020, 11 July 2013 - 04:09 PM.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#50 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 04:09 PM

I am so upset at the timing of this and quite frankly put it on Lou's plate. Tell me I am wrong please.

#51 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,888 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 04:09 PM

Oh he's going to play somewhere else. Nobody leaves close to 80 mil on the table

fvck him. Kovy is a ++++ who knows no pride or honor. All the rumors were true, he wanted to stay in Russia the whole time. We were just in denial about it.

He also did every honest Russian NHL player a grave disservice. Now they're all going to be looked at like potential Kovalchuks who just high tail it at any moment. 

Also, fvck the NHL. Another pointless lockout, the KHL rolls out the red carpet for a favorite son and surprise surprise...HE LIKES IT AND WANTS TO STAY. Now the league loses one of its more exciting and dynamic players.

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#52 NJDEVS1730

NJDEVS1730

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 04:10 PM

I'm speechless.....I just....I can't lol

Gotta get a new jersey and everything, ugh!!

#53 PWW

PWW

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Yes, it's all Lou's fault. I think it's time for you to replace the onion on your belt LD.

believe-devs.jpg

#54 njdevsftw

njdevsftw

Senior Devil

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 782 posts

Utter disbelief and dissappointment. I don't see how we recover from this short term.. But I guess if Lou already knew this might be coming he thinks otherwise.. Maybe we can add Vanek somehow? Seems impossible to replace Kovy.. :o

Posted Image

#55 Devils Dose

Devils Dose

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Manta. . .  you were right.  You win.

Season Ticket Holder since Jan.2009
Section 226 Row 2 Seats 15-16

#56 lucifer91

lucifer91

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 04:11 PM

He also did every honest Russian NHL player a grave disservice. Now they're all going to be looked at like potential Kovalchuks who just high tail it at any moment. 

Also, fvck the NHL. Another pointless lockout, the KHL rolls out the red carpet for a favorite son and surprise surprise...HE LIKES IT AND WANTS TO STAY. Now the league loses one of its more exciting and dynamic players.

You are right on the money with those two points.  I was thinking the same thing.

Posted Image

#57 squishyx

squishyx

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,281 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 04:12 PM

After my initial shock wore off, this raced through my mind. The NHL is losing a star player, and the lockout probably played a decisive role. I'd like to think they would learn from that, but history doesn't warrant any optimism there.

Post of the year.  :clap2:

#58 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,900 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 04:13 PM

Now THIS was funny!

#59 gardenstatepkwy

gardenstatepkwy

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 04:13 PM

Im organizing a synchronized trip to the dumpster/garbage today.  Bring all of your Kovalchuk gear and memorabilia.  I expect to get home around 6:30 and I will promptly walk into my bedroom, grab my Kovalchuk shirt and autographed 8x10 and slam it into the garbage.

#60 CaptainRafalski

CaptainRafalski

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 04:14 PM

Terrible but the Devils are still planning on showing up for games, right?  I understand the disappointment but come on.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users