Photo

Kovalchuk Retired Effective Immediately?

• Please log in to reply
620 replies to this topic

#21 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,746 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 03:54 PM

wow... lets just look back on our last few season

2010 -  the whole Kovy saga who lasted months and kept us stressed forever the whole summer + the contract penalty + One of the worst half season in the history of sport under Maclean + missed the playoffs

2011 - that first summer of stressed with the Parise going to arbitration and all + financial trouble and bankruptcy rumours.

2012 - the whole Parise thing where he ultimately walked + financial trouble again.

2013 - Clarkson leaving + Kovalchuk retiring...

2014 - forfeiting first round pick

Other than the cup run we had... we've had to go through some very very very sh!tty situation.

im speechless... i seriously feel like crying...

www.SterioDesign.com

#22 cgb6397

cgb6397

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 03:56 PM

i seriously feel like crying...

I'm glad someone finally said it. We were at such a high looking onto next season, and then this sh!t gets pulled.

6qf7l3.jpg
"You know my boss, (Lou Lamoriello), we don't throw parades for second place"
-Pete Deboer on the Devils 5th Stanley Cup Final appearence

#23 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,427 posts

Is this site unbroken now?  lol.

Yeah, this has no effect on Olympic participation.    Should it?   The league should pull it off the table and shake everyone out and see where they stand, but at the same time it's a marketing thing for them and they built their outdoor games around it.

From a transfer POV this is totally on the level.   He voided his contract.   It's a free transfer.

#24 Deek_1969

Deek_1969

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 328 posts

We are so screwed. We just went from little to no offense. I wonder if he was tirred on getting 'delayed' checks from the boss??? He'll play in the KHL when he is eligible.

Couple decent FA still on the market. We better grab them now.

[size=5][color=#FF0000]The strong take from the weak and the smart take from the strong.

#25 gardenstatepkwy

gardenstatepkwy

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts

RT @AlexandrZaytsev: Sport-Express is reporting that Kovalchuk will play for SKA in the KHL.

Edited by gardenstatepkwy, 11 July 2013 - 03:57 PM.

#26 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,013 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 03:58 PM

Sooo crappy

#27 Jerzey Devil

Jerzey Devil

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 963 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 03:59 PM

What a dick.

After all the sh!t we went through to sign him he pulls this sh!t. 

#28 bekim

bekim

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts

More steamed than I've ever been as relates to hockey.  It's not just the 1st round pick, it's the package of players traded to get him, it's the tough decisions not to sign other key players, it's partly Parise (but I believe NJ matched MINN offer there)... and largely, it's about not being able to lure good players to a team without a marquee guy (let alone fans in seats amidst an already-murky ownership situation).

This is franchise-ruining.  Missed playoffs 2 times in 3 years (not because of Kovalchuk), and now this.  Sure, we'll sign some bozos to some money, but why would Cory Schneider wanna resign here in 2 yrs?  Why does Henrique want to re-sign?  The Devils are at an all time low in public image and this clown just delivered a KO.

Wow - I don't know what to say.  Single worst signing in the history of the NHL (including Dipietro--they didn't have to give anything up to make it happen).

#29 Beck27

Beck27

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts

And who was saying the Pelley signing was for Albany...

#30 Jerzey Devil

Jerzey Devil

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 963 posts

I wonder how prepared Lou was for this.

#31 squishyx

squishyx

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,281 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 04:00 PM

Dustin Penner, Damien Brunner?

#32 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,746 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 04:00 PM

im not making this up... i feel like crying at this moment. Its like i just learned that one of my friend died. Not simply cause were losing our top player but for all the sh!t we had to give up and lost for him and now he's gone. 

www.SterioDesign.com

#33 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,182 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 04:01 PM

I think I'm just going to curl up into the fetal position for a few hours.

#34 GoArmySports

GoArmySports

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,134 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 04:01 PM

Per McKenzie...

"If NJ had so chosen, it could've blocked Kovalchuk from the KHL by tolling contract. But NJ isn't doing that, he's free to go to KHL."

#35 Amberite

Amberite

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 04:02 PM

Absolutely no words for how I feel right now. In 2010, it was extremely obvious that the Devils were putting the franchise in his lap, and that he would be the face moving forward. We didn't sign Parise to an extension because we were too busy with Kovalchuk. Especially now, that Parise is gone, Kovalchuk HAD to know that he IS the Devils going forward. For him to do this move is not only selfish, it's absolutely reckless and shows he has no regard for anyone but himself. Screw him, screw his "thank you to the organization and the great fans", and screw the KHL. I don't know what options are, but I would like the NHL to cut off all ties with the KHL going forward.

#36 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,851 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 04:03 PM

Per McKenzie...

"If NJ had so chosen, it could've blocked Kovalchuk from the KHL by tolling contract. But NJ isn't doing that, he's free to go to KHL."

That is weird that the Devils didn't block it. Lou must have something up his sleeve.

I swear if Lou pulls a rabbit out of this one I will bow down to his greatness and lick every single one of his liver spots on his bald head.

#37 Amberite

Amberite

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

Per McKenzie...

Yea, sure. Toll the contract, force Kovalchuk to stay here and then have 11 years with a player who can't wait to leave. What a GREAT option that is...

#38 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,746 posts

at the very least he could have played a last season to assure that we dont have to give up a low first round pick that were losing because of him.....

i cant even believe Lou survived that announcement from Kovy

www.SterioDesign.com

#39 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,860 posts

Per McKenzie...

Lou's too classy.  Should've let this stupid fvcking a$$hole rot and miss the Olympics.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#40 Matteau#32

Matteau#32

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 984 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 04:04 PM

Per McKenzie...

What does that mean?  Always thought if he had a contract with one league, a player couldn't just bolt to the other.  Did the Devils give him an outright release?

Posted ImagePosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users