Photo

Kovalchuk Gone, What moves do we make now?

• Please log in to reply
154 replies to this topic

#41 cubanjd305

cubanjd305

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 07:07 PM

Langenbrunner

:whistling:

believe-3devils.jpg

#42 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,096 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 07:09 PM

worst thing is that on top of us not getting a first round pick next year, the UFA class is absolute GARBAGE ! there's no hope there

http://capgeek.com/f...-1&fa_type_id=2

Let's worry about this season before we start talking about 2014 UFAs

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#43 Steadevils

Steadevils

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 07:16 PM

worst thing is that on top of us not getting a first round pick next year, the UFA class is absolute GARBAGE ! there's no hope there

Was this sarcasm? I really like that class..obviously a lot of people will get resigned before hitting UFA, but that list is full of extremely useful players. 

"I realized from Day 1 the way I played I'd never be a Gretzky or a Lemieux, well, a Mario I mean. I was never going to be a player to get standing ovations in a visitors' building."

-- Claude Lemieux - May 7, 1999

#44 coldply123

coldply123

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,184 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 07:17 PM

Huh?

Gaborik

Vanek

Pominville

Kessel
Marleau

Cammalleri

Sedins

Statsny

If we want a scoring forward with significant value on the PP, there will be some options if we choose to spend it.

There's also some 2nd tier FAs that wouldn't be terrible.

Bill Simmons: "The Bruins are like Fredo -- they're dead to me as long as the owner is alive."

"I'm Going With The Devils over Anaheim"-Barry Melrose

#45 cubanjd305

cubanjd305

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 07:24 PM

Was this sarcasm? 

It had to be

believe-3devils.jpg

#46 njdevs89

njdevs89

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 08:10 PM

Hmmmm both tje Sedins are RFA next year....and lets be honest they probably wont pan out very well playing for Torts. Plus they're old and Sweedish so they meet 2/3 of our teams criteria.

#47 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 08:24 PM

Lou knew he wasn't staying for a year. What else is new when it come to Lou.

You are the only fvcking moron in the entire fvcking world who can blame Lou for a player deciding to retire 2 years into a 15 year contract. Go jump off a bridge you ignorant twat.

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#48 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,865 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 08:26 PM

Hmmmm both tje Sedins are RFA next year....and lets be honest they probably wont pan out very well playing for Torts. Plus they're old and Sweedish so they meet 2/3 of our teams criteria.

the only glimmer of hope i've had all day.

also, this does not mean we sign Henrique long-term, as someone mentioned in page one.  we need to resign our players just as we were going to.  the last thing we need to do is spend a lot of money on mediocre players.

the only thing that is going to get us close to what we were yesterday is another huge name, which probably wont happen until at least next year. no need to overreact yet and waste money 

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#49 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,838 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 08:27 PM

None. Sign RFAs, rebuild.

This team has been "retooling" around a core that largely revolved around kovalchuck for too long.

Face the facts: this team is old and in desperate need of a new direction. If Elias declines this yeah,.God help us.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#50 DH26

DH26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,729 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 08:52 PM

Especially considering the Sedins/Bergeron/Kessel/Callahan/Pavelski probably aren't making it to UFA 

Follow Me on Twitter @mtorino75 I Need Followers!

Visit My Devils Blog! www.theTrapezoidConspiracy.com
Rutgers-New Brunswick '11, Rutgers School of Law-Newark '14

#51 justdo3043

justdo3043

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 08:54 PM

i would take grabo...don't care if we have too many centers
"The $297,297 Kovalchuk missed today is money he will never, ever get back. And the more cheques he misses, the better the deal is going to have to be for the players to justify him sitting out. And unlike the owners, the players can direct their leadership to get a deal done regardless of how disadvantageous it is to them."

#52 Mitico12

Mitico12

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,049 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 09:00 PM

Plug: Milan Hejduk....Long Term: Ryan Nugent Hopkins

#53 nessus

nessus

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 09:00 PM

I just hope Lou doesn't go with the rationale from last year.

Something like: "Ilya Kovalchuk is not a player you can replace. We will need everyone else to just step it up."

I don't think he will, but I'll be pretty disappointed if this is the team we are going with by October.

#54 Hockey Widow

Hockey Widow

Draft Pick

• Pond Hockey
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 09:04 PM

Hmmm both tje Sedins are RFA next year....and lets be honest they probably wont pan out very well playing for Torts. Plus they're old and Sweedish so they meet 2/3 of our teams criteria.

Uhmmm The twins will be UFA, not RFA. They are still both producing at a point per game. Hank has been relatively injury free his entire career.  Daniel has had one concussion courtesy of Keith. They currently carry a cap of 6.1 each and want to do 1 year deals here on out, although the canucks will try to lock them up for 2-3 more years in january if they can. But if they hit FA than anyone with 12 million+ in cap space would be crazy to NOT try and land them. Just saying. Having the pleasure of watching them their entire career they make any team instantly better. 

As far as Torts goes time will tell how it impacts our core and whether it has an effect to get the team out of their country club atmosphere. The Twins were both strong advocates in getting Torts for what its worth. But, most fans in Vancouver want the Twins re-signed as soon as they can be, so hopefully it won't be a dilemma for other teams to try and decide to sign them in the summer. :boogie:

#55 StarDew

StarDew

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,698 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 09:09 PM

The twins must be nutso.  Want Torts???  We have seen him while across the river and it isn't pretty.  Please no nutcases for 12M+.  Yikes!

Dew
So long and thanks for all the fish.
TIMEX RULES!!

"When we were struggling at the beginning of the year we were wondering what was wrong and trying to find reasons. At the end of the day, all we had to do was look in the mirror and the answers were right there." -- Sergei Brylin 12/2/2007

#56 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,096 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 09:14 PM

I don't understand the love-fest for Brunner. He did well in 44 NHL games. I think paying him anything more than 2 mil is a mistake.

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#57 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,096 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 09:50 PM

Oh and a big NO to Vanek. We'd have to trade something like Henrique and Larsson for a guy with a 7.1 mil cap hit who is a UFA after next season. I don't want to go through another off-season of waiting for our free agent scorer to make a decision on whether he wants to re-sign with the club or not.

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#58 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 10:07 PM

You are the only fvcking moron in the entire fvcking world who can blame Lou for a player deciding to retire 2 years into a 15 year contract. Go jump off a bridge you ignorant twat.

#59 mouse

mouse

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,495 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 10:08 PM

What does Lou do going forward? No clue. What do I do? Blast punk rock and drink. My solution's working nicely.

Sumus Legio
You don't turn this around in a couple shifts. Its going to take a little time, but I know the guys will come back. Because I can see it. -- Jacques Lemaire

sguq.jpg

#60 czxqa

czxqa

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 10:42 PM

Dustin Penner. He was a beast in Edmonton. LA used him wrong and his production went into a tailspin. He's only 30, 6'5", 245, and has a great nose for the net. He also doesn't take stupid penalties at all. He won't replace Kovy but he is a free agent, his stock is down, and I think he could thrive in DeBoer's system.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users