32 replies to this topic

#21 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,916 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 07:00 PM

I said this after Parise moved on and I'll say it again here...I don't care how angry you are, if you want to get rid of your Kovalchuk merch, the least you could do is donate it instead of burning it or pissing on it or whatever.  It's a waste for us now, but it won't be a waste to some others out there.

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#22 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,382 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 07:32 PM

Someone will get #17 just get the nameplate changed. It would be much cooler to see a bunch of #17 jerseys with the new player's name than burning jerseys you spent hard earned money on. It's not like Kovy is watching youtube videos of people burning his sweater and re-thinking his decision.

If you really want to do something ballsy then go to Meigray's website, drop 2500 bucks on a game worn Kovalchuk Devils jersey and then burn that.

mk6ihcS.gif?1

#23 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,429 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 07:35 PM

Congratulations on your new Rusty Olesz jersey.    That number is gonna get punished like Johnny Mac's did.

#24 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,382 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 07:38 PM

Congratulations on your new Rusty Olesz jersey.    That number is gonna get punished like Johnny Mac's did.

You could always put Chorske's name on the back although it will look weird since he never wore an Edge jersey.

mk6ihcS.gif?1

#25 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,916 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 07:41 PM

I think I'm going to turn my Kovy player tee into an ultra-rare Illka Pikkarainen SCF '12 player tee. Didn't know he played in the Final? That's okay, neither did he!

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#26 grcenter47

grcenter47

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 07:54 PM

Didn't we try planning two years ago a protest at Championship Plaza?

#27 hit the post

hit the post

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 730 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 08:16 PM

Can this happen? Where are the 2018 Olympics? Can I drive there? If not, where are the IIHF world championships next year? Can I drive there? I just want to yell obscenities directly at him. Is that too much to ask for in life?

and him going changes your life how ?....
And The Rags Have How Many Cups--Can't win many with a Farm team.

#28 gardenstatepkwy

gardenstatepkwy

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 08:25 AM

I tossed my Kovalchuk t-shirt into the dumpster as soon as I got home last night.  If it were a jersey I'd have sent it off to EPS for stripping and relettering.  But I really want nothing to do with this guy.  When he was helping out the victims of the Lokomotiv plane crash I sent him a donation and got an autographed 8x10.  It's sitting in it's frame on the floor awaiting it's fate.  It's as hell not going up on my wall again.  I'm glad I could donate to the victims but wish it was a Vasuynov photo at this point.

What is everyone going to do with their Kovalchuk crap?

#29 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,278 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 08:30 AM

I tossed my Kovalchuk t-shirt into the dumpster as soon as I got home last night.  If it were a jersey I'd have sent it off to EPS for stripping and relettering.  But I really want nothing to do with this guy.  When he was helping out the victims of the Lokomotiv plane crash I sent him a donation and got an autographed 8x10.  It's sitting in it's frame on the floor awaiting it's fate.  It's as hell not going up on my wall again.  I'm glad I could donate to the victims but wish it was a Vasuynov photo at this point.

What is everyone going to do with their Kovalchuk crap?

You should have donated that shirt.

#30 DH26

DH26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,730 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 09:26 AM

My knockoff Kovy christmas jersey's going to goodwill like my Parise sweatshirt did. No point in burning it

Follow Me on Twitter @mtorino75 I Need Followers!

Visit My Devils Blog! www.theTrapezoidConspiracy.com
Rutgers-New Brunswick '11, Rutgers School of Law-Newark '14

#31 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,893 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 10:00 AM

The best revenge the fans can get is to continue to support the team.  It tells a player who may or may not have a giant ego that it was never all about you.  And while we don't have all that much to do with it, winning cures all.

Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#32 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,382 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 11:06 AM

Like Daniel said, donate the Kovy jerseys and shirts. The ultimate awesomeness would be seeing a bunch of homeless guys in Kovy gear!

mk6ihcS.gif?1

#33 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,350 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 11:14 AM

and him going changes your life how ?....

It makes me feel better? What part of this thread was supposed to be pure irrationality was hard to understand? If you want to be rational and explain how screaming obscenities at a stranger from 200ft away won't change my life in any way, this isn't the place and I'm not listening.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users