53 replies to this topic

#21 NJDevsRock

NJDevsRock

Albany Devil

• Contributor
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 08:24 AM

This thread reminded me that I had bought my 7 year old a Kovy jersey last year.  They only had Marty and Kovy and I figured eh, get the Kovy and buy it really big, she can wear it 3 or 4 years...not the best plan in hindsight.  Marty will be a classic like Stevens and now I'm stuck with a $80 item that I will not let her wear. 

#22 gardenstatepkwy

gardenstatepkwy

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 10:41 AM

If i had a kovalchuk jersey i know what i'd tape over the nameplate.

#23 Brandon

Brandon

Trenton Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 11:38 AM

The away jersey was a piece of cake because it was a crappy heat sealed plastic number nameplate, the home jersey was a pain in the ass though because it was stitched, had to pluck hundreds of stitches haha, ironically I bought both from nhl.com for the same price, two completely different qualities.

The inconsistency in the NHL.com jerseys is kinda funny. I've gotten both a Kovalchuk and Volchenkov off of NHL.com and the numbers are plasticy and cheap, then I order a Pekka Rinne Nashville Predators jersey off of there and the quality is fantastic, legitimate stich numbers and nameplate.
25smul5.png

#24 Microwavepizza

Microwavepizza

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 801 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 11:42 AM

i only have a Kovy red t-shirt... it will be used for now on to clean my bathroom floor

Glad i have a green Elias and a red Brodeur.. (also a 1980 CCCP Fetisov which i love and a 1980 Blank Blue Rockies Jersey)

sucks that people have to remove nameplates or stop using a jersey all together. so much money

POTATO!!!

#25 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,072 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 01:41 PM

The NHL.com store is a complete joke when it comes to jerseys. The jerseys themselves are far more expensive than what you would find at most places online that are legit as well as slightly more than even brick and mortar stores. Their customization is by far the worst of any of the four major leagues official site and not only are the lettering made out of plastic with stitches drawn on and are heat pressed on, but the font is not correct an far too small. The best route would be to find a blank for someplace cheap such as eBay and then get it customized by exclusive pro sports for $60. Last year I found a legit red koho replica like they wore from 2000-04 from eBay for $40 and then sent it to exclusive pro with a 2003 finals patch and they did the lettering for $60 plus $6 for the patch and got a beautiful jersey that is stitched with the right font for $106 plus shipping. EPS has done the devils on-ice lettering since 2005 and before then it was Custom Crafted for at least a decade. You can send the jerseys to EPS even if it is a player and style who is pre-2005 as they do a fantastic job at retro styles and jerseys too. If anyone needs help with how to get theirs done with them feel free to shoot me a PM.

As for getting the name plate changed, I had EPS do a jersey for me where just the name plate was changed and not the number earlier this year. They charged me $10 for the removal and $20 for the new name plate. If it was both the numbers and name plate I can imagine $20-30 for removal and $60 or the new ones. They do a fantastic job and would recommend them.

For best results I would say get a player who is either #17 this season or #12 as that would cover the re stitching the best. If now try to go with someone whose # starts with 1 as the less you have to remove the less noticeable the removal will be when it is redone. If you had the NHL.com customization I would just advise on getting it completely redone. The difference is night and day.

#26 schneidpants

schneidpants

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 01:49 PM

I believe exclusive pro charges $65

Posted Image

#27 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,072 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 02:34 PM

I believe exclusive pro charges $65

For just customization? I have sent them about a dozen different styles of devils jerseys over the past year and they always charged me $60.

#28 NJDevils1214

NJDevils1214

All-Star

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 03:34 PM

I am going to have to get my Parise jersey taken care of. I feel sorry for the people who got Kovy jerseys and really sorry for the people who just had their Parise turned into a Kovy.

815631765.gif

#29 oconnellrules

oconnellrules

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 09:40 PM

I might just make mine a Sykora somehow...I am ashamed of myself for not going for an Elias but what can I say I was pretty excited when we signed Kovalchuk. He was one of my favorite non-Devils so I guess that clouded my judgement. I already have the requisite Marty so I will now be getting my Elias....sorry Patty, Ill never betray you again for Russian scum

cmon marty

#3 #4 #27 #30 #26

#30 mouse

mouse

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,511 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 09:45 PM

Langenbrunner's the only jersey I have that I regret (I have an Elias and a Madden too). It takes me awhile to get a jersey, so I usually don't get blindsided. I don't get rid of the Langs, because I have enough fond memories of him, but I also won't wear it, because I haven't forgiven him for his last year. I think the next I get is Dano. 

Sumus Legio
You don't turn this around in a couple shifts. Its going to take a little time, but I know the guys will come back. Because I can see it. -- Jacques Lemaire

sguq.jpg

#31 cgb6397

cgb6397

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 09:47 PM

I see a lot of people opting to replace him with Patty, but it'd be a cool move to the future to replace him with Larsson.
6qf7l3.jpg
"You know my boss, (Lou Lamoriello), we don't throw parades for second place"
-Pete Deboer on the Devils 5th Stanley Cup Final appearence

#32 GoArmySports

GoArmySports

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 10:12 PM

Besides the NHL Store in NYC does anyone know where I can pick up a Green and Red Devils jersey? The Devils Den didn't have them this year.

#33 oconnellrules

oconnellrules

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 10:16 PM

Besides the NHL Store in NYC does anyone know where I can pick up a Green and Red Devils jersey? The Devils Den didn't have them this year.

Great question as I am seeking an Elias Green and Red

cmon marty

#3 #4 #27 #30 #26

#34 StarDew

StarDew

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,730 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 10:31 PM

Great question as I am seeking an Elias Green and Red

He never played when the colors were green and red.  Might be difficult to find.  Good luck. :)

Dew
So long and thanks for all the fish.
TIMEX RULES!!

"When we were struggling at the beginning of the year we were wondering what was wrong and trying to find reasons. At the end of the day, all we had to do was look in the mirror and the answers were right there." -- Sergei Brylin 12/2/2007

#35 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,584 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 10:50 PM

just because elias never played when the team wore retro colors doesnt mean that you cant buy a retro jersey and have his name and number put on it?
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#36 cgb6397

cgb6397

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 10:54 PM

He never played when the colors were green and red.  Might be difficult to find.  Good luck. :)

True, but he has played in games where the Devils wore green and red as throwbacks, making a Reebok green and red throwback easier to find, if he might fancy that.
6qf7l3.jpg
"You know my boss, (Lou Lamoriello), we don't throw parades for second place"
-Pete Deboer on the Devils 5th Stanley Cup Final appearence

#37 Taiter32

Taiter32

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 02:00 AM

I'm still gonna keep mine and wear it, then get a Schneider, Brodeur, Elias one eventually.

#38 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,072 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 06:37 AM

J&S Sports gallery in Franklin lakes had a bunch when I was there last about a month ago. They had them priced at $130 but their jerseys and clothing are always 20% off so it's $104 plus tax. They are blank but those are the legit CCM series and not the fake ones sporksk sells.

#39 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,072 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 06:41 AM

True, but he has played in games where the Devils wore green and red as throwbacks, making a Reebok green and red throwback easier to find, if he might fancy that.

The only reebok throwbacks are the authentic ones with the fight strap and those are hard to find these days. 99% of the reebok throwbacks you see people wear are sh!tty-ass looking counterfeits.

#40 StarDew

StarDew

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,730 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 03:44 PM

just because elias never played when the team wore retro colors doesnt mean that you cant buy a retro jersey and have his name and number put on it?

Are you asking a question or making a statement?  btw there was nothing inflammatory in my post.

Yes, could have Reebok make one.  All my sweaters are CCM.  I don't care for the Reebok ones.  If looking for an original, I doubt anyone would find an original red/green one with Elias 26.  :)

Edited by StarDew, 15 July 2013 - 03:45 PM.

Dew
So long and thanks for all the fish.
TIMEX RULES!!

"When we were struggling at the beginning of the year we were wondering what was wrong and trying to find reasons. At the end of the day, all we had to do was look in the mirror and the answers were right there." -- Sergei Brylin 12/2/2007

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users