53 replies to this topic

#41 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,721 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 07:41 PM

was making a statement.. sorry didnt realize that was unclear...
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#42 brodeur14301991

brodeur14301991

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 08:43 PM

Does anybody know if the NHL store in NYC will change the name and number on my Kovy jersey? I'd think they would but you never know. 

#43 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,721 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 08:48 PM

Does anybody know if the NHL store in NYC will change the name and number on my Kovy jersey? I'd think they would but you never know.

they do customizations there? (stitched not pressed)
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#44 brodeur14301991

brodeur14301991

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 08:59 PM

they do customizations there? (stitched not pressed)

I'm not sure that's why I'm asking. My jersey is a really nice stitched one. I'll take it there tomorrow and see what they can do.

#45 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,325 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 09:55 PM

I'm not sure that's why I'm asking. My jersey is a really nice stitched one. I'll take it there tomorrow and see what they can do.

NHL store does in store customization as well as outsourcing to a vendor. The in-store is generally crappy heat pressed but with lettering that looks like it is stitched instead of the fake plastic lettering used by NHL.com
They also do upon request send the jerseys out to be stitched and they use Arena Wear. They usually turn those around in a couple of weeks but the font they use is completely incorrect so I would not recommend them. I would recommend the NHL store for rangers jerseys because they use arena wear for their on-ice jerseys so those would come out spot on. For us devils fans it just makes for better kindling.

#46 brodeur14301991

brodeur14301991

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 07:11 AM

NHL store does in store customization as well as outsourcing to a vendor. The in-store is generally crappy heat pressed but with lettering that looks like it is stitched instead of the fake plastic lettering used by NHL.com
They also do upon request send the jerseys out to be stitched and they use Arena Wear. They usually turn those around in a couple of weeks but the font they use is completely incorrect so I would not recommend them. I would recommend the NHL store for rangers jerseys because they use arena wear for their on-ice jerseys so those would come out spot on. For us devils fans it just makes for better kindling.

Any suggestions on where I should take it then? 

#47 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,325 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 07:59 AM

Any suggestions on where I should take it then?

Exclusive pro can do it but If you are doing more than a nameplate change it will be around $60-90 for stripping and new lettering and not counting shipping.
Is your jersey stitched on? Where did you get it done originally?

#48 jim777

jim777

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 02:00 PM

I think I'll have my Kovy changed to Sykora and keep the 17. I wonder if they will give 17 to one of the new guys? You never know with the Devs, waste not want not and all that!

gallery_47_36_882.png   # 44, Stephane Richer

believe-elias.jpg

"bring knee pads...wear flattering attire...hair and makeup should be performance ready" -from Devils Dance Team audition notice

#49 brodeur14301991

brodeur14301991

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 02:01 PM

Exclusive pro can do it but If you are doing more than a nameplate change it will be around $60-90 for stripping and new lettering and not counting shipping.
Is your jersey stitched on? Where did you get it done originally?

I got it from Sports Express in the Livingston Mall. The store is now out of business. Yes the jersey is stitched on. If anybody was planning on going to the NHL store in NYC, don't bother. They will not change any nameplate and number on a stitched jersey because they do not want to risk ripping the jersey.

#50 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,325 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 02:15 PM

I got it from Sports Express in the Livingston Mall. The store is now out of business. Yes the jersey is stitched on. If anybody was planning on going to the NHL store in NYC, don't bother. They will not change any nameplate and number on a stitched jersey because they do not want to risk ripping the jersey.

Stripping a jersey is not an exact science.  EPS will do it, but they will not guarantee the results.  The best outcome that can happen is if you are keeping the number, but just swapping the nameplate.  Even jerseys that are stitched on use at least some glue on them prior to them to being sewn-on.  You might be able to get the stitching off pretty cleanly but then getting the glue residue off can be another story with varying levels of success.

#51 brodeur14301991

brodeur14301991

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 05:08 PM

If anybody is looking to get a jersey changed, I found a place that does a good job and it's not too expensive. ED K Sports Plus in Whippany will do it for 75 dollars. They charge 25 to strip the old nameplate and number and then 50 to put on new nameplate and number. The 50 is for pro stitching, they also offer to press it on for less. You can also obviously just pay the 25 and have a blank jersey. 

#52 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,886 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 05:12 PM

Pro Image Sports in Woodbridge Center Mall has Clarkson and Kovalchuk jerseys on sale for $60. Seems like a decent enough deal if 17 or 23 is re-issued, only have to switch out the nameplate.

They've also got Kovalchuk tee shirts for $5 and Clarkson tees for $10, which amused me.

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#53 Bibby89

Bibby89

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 06:39 PM

I was just gonna get Chorske on the back of my jersey now.

#54 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,325 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 10:06 PM

If anybody is looking to get a jersey changed, I found a place that does a good job and it's not too expensive. ED K Sports Plus in Whippany will do it for 75 dollars. They charge 25 to strip the old nameplate and number and then 50 to put on new nameplate and number. The 50 is for pro stitching, they also offer to press it on for less. You can also obviously just pay the 25 and have a blank jersey.

Honestly never heard of them but at this point with the way other places have screwed up on the font and customization I am afraid to try anything other than Exclusive Pro Sports.

I just hope this ED K's customization doesn't come out like Hockey Haus's in bound brook lol.

I was just gonna get Chorske on the back of my jersey now.

Please, please, please just not on a reebok jersey.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users