655 replies to this topic

#281 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,787 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 02:57 PM

well if it was really close, whoever said it was close must have look it up on map google with no zoom or something.... its been quite awhile and i've seen closer things than this lol

www.SterioDesign.com

#282 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,410 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 03:02 PM

We lost 100 goals and about 55 on ice time per game by losing Kovy, Clarkson and Parise. Those 55 minutes kept 4rd line players off the ice. I thought we were atrocious last season, we were last in the division, we had injuries but all teams had injuries. Hedberg was terrible last season but he didn't get any offensive support. Our goaltending has improved with the addition of Schneider but they don't score goals. IMO Detroit is going to take one spot for the playoffs so the Eastern Conference will have 7 available with Columbus being added to the mix. With the players we have today we will need a new system and that's a learning curve. So again I say we with the players we have signed as of today the Devils won't make the playoff. We need to add more offense to make it.

In Lou we trust.

I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#283 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,200 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 03:03 PM

We lost 100 goals and about 55 on ice time per game by losing Kovy, Clarkson and Parise. Those 55 minutes kept 4rd line players off the ice. I thought we were atrocious last season, we were last in the division, we had injuries but all teams had injuries. Hedberg was terrible last season but he didn't get any offensive support. Our goaltending has improved with the addition of Schneider but they don't score goals. IMO Detroit is going to take one spot for the playoffs so the Eastern Conference will have 7 available with Columbus being added to the mix. With the players we have today we will need a new system and that's a learning curve. So again I say we with the players we have signed as of today the Devils won't make the playoff. We need to add more offense to make it.

Ok. And tonight you'll say the sun won't come out tomorrow because it's not shining at that moment. We lost Kovy, Clowe is basically Clarkson, Ryder can fill a lot of the hole left by Parise and Olesz could be a decent bottom 6 replacement for Poni.

Detroit barely made the playoffs last year, then blew a 3-1 lead in their 2nd rd series, but they're a lock and we're not?

#284 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 03:31 PM

Ok. And tonight you'll say the sun won't come out tomorrow because it's not shining at that moment. We lost Kovy, Clowe is basically Clarkson, Ryder can fill a lot of the hole left by Parise and Olesz could be a decent bottom 6 replacement for Poni.

Detroit barely made the playoffs last year, then blew a 3-1 lead in their 2nd rd series, but they're a lock and we're not?

Detroit was the most improved to date FA team in the NHL after 7/5 according to all knowledgeable NHL writers. So what happen to fill in for KOVY? that's the biggest hole. Clowe is a question mark until we see what he can do. Ryder is not a replacement for Parise. Lou said that Ryder and Clowe were the replacements for Clarkson but then Lou must not know much. I like your optimistic outlook but you can't make chicken salad out of chicken sh!t.

#285 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,410 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 03:41 PM

I like your optimistic outlook but you can't make chicken salad out of chicken sh!t.

That, my friend is classic.  :thumbsup:

IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#286 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,200 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 04:02 PM

Detroit was the most improved to date FA team in the NHL after 7/5 according to all knowledgeable NHL writers. So what happen to fill in for KOVY? that's the biggest hole. Clowe is a question mark until we see what he can do. Ryder is not a replacement for Parise. Lou said that Ryder and Clowe were the replacements for Clarkson but then Lou must not know much. I like your optimistic outlook but you can't make chicken salad out of chicken sh!t.

I said he can fill a lot of the hole Parise left. You don't replace players, you fill holes. Parise leaving hurt us because he shoots a lot and was a very hard worker. Ryder can fill in for Parise's offense, maybe not 100%, but close enough. He's probably not going to play defense like Parise, but that's ok, we don't NEED another adept defensive forward. Clowe is as much of a ? as Clarkson would have been, so again, a wash. Olesz can't really be worse than Poni last season, right?

So basically the hole now is 1st line RW. Which is very similar to the hole we had last year 1st line LW. I don't think we'll be great, but I think we can make the playoffs, as I thought we could last year and still think we could have last year.

#287 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 04:27 PM

I don't think we'll be great, but I think we can make the playoffs, as I thought we could last year and still think we could have last year.

I hope your correct and I am wrong. I don't think we will ever know, at least I hope not, because I think that Lou knows he must sign Henrique, and get two more forwards and if possible trade A-Train for a pick or package. So today's team as we were talking about won't be the same when the season starts.

#288 nessus

nessus

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 09:29 PM

How many days have to go by before we can no longer call it "imminent"?

As much as I want him here, I can't say I'd be all that surprised if that's the last we hear about Brunner signing with NJ and we find out they were all rumors.

#289 Bibby89

Bibby89

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 09:32 PM

I know the summer is slow but they do have some spots to fill. I'd like to see something happen.

#290 caron14

caron14

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 06:35 AM

I know the summer is slow but they do have some spots to fill. I'd like to see something happen.

Same for me i always looks at my twitter

#291 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,410 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 08:27 AM

Manta's Log: Day 5

No signings or sightings.   Begs the old Smith's question:  "How soon is now?". or can we as a species truly define:  "imiminent"

The search for truth continues.

IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#292 brodeur14301991

brodeur14301991

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 09:22 AM

"Lou Lamoriello will speak to media after first practice session today. Haven't been told why yet." Per TG

https://twitter.com/TGfireandice

"Lamoriello said Monday he expected to have news on restricted free agents later in the week."

#293 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,339 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 09:27 AM

We want Jagr!

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#294 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,410 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 09:28 AM

We want Jagr!

No, we don't.    From what I have read, Jagr is now begging for a job with Carolina.  

IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#295 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 09:59 AM

"Lou Lamoriello will speak to media after first practice session today. Haven't been told why yet." Per TG

https://twitter.com/TGfireandice

"Lamoriello said Monday he expected to have news on restricted free agents later in the week."

In other words "STATUS QUO"

#296 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,410 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 11:05 AM

In other words "STATUS QUO"

You are on a comedic tear.

IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#297 Bibby89

Bibby89

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 02:35 PM

Notice how there's been almost a gag order around Brunner since the agents comments about not talking specifics. Almost seems as though Lou sent some "associates" to remind him who he's negotiating with...

#298 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,401 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 03:01 PM

This is the new Summer of waiting for Kovalchuk BS to end thread.

Needs ninjas.

#299 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 03:22 PM

Grabo and Brunner are waiting for the signings of Josefson, Henrique and the impending trade of Volchenkov.

...a guy can dream.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#300 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,410 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 03:49 PM

Grabo and Brunner are waiting for the signings of Josefson, Henrique and the impending trade of Volchenkov.

...a guy can dream.

Dream scenario

IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users