655 replies to this topic

#321 njdevsftw

njdevsftw

Senior Devil

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 02:23 PM

Would be almost to cool/good to be true. :)
Posted Image

#322 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,392 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 02:39 PM

Lou is working pretty damn hard this summer. How awesome would it be that we're making the playoffs and a deep run this year again, underdogggggg. 

i think a lot of our players will have a fire down their ass with a lot to prove. Hopefully it will translate in them working hard and getting rewards and not them holding their sticks too hard and playing stressed.

www.SterioDesign.com

#323 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,061 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 02:49 PM

I don't see a spot for Brunner on this team if the Jagr news is true.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#324 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,356 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 03:10 PM

I don't see a spot for Brunner on this team if the Jagr news is true.

elias-zajac-ryder

clowe-loktionov-jagr

zubrus-henrique-brunner

olesz-josefson-bernier

gionta/carter

its a logjam but injuries will happen

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#325 Bibby89

Bibby89

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 03:13 PM

I'd prefer Carter over Olesz there but those lines look pretty good to me.

#326 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,392 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 03:13 PM

elias-zajac-ryder

clowe-loktionov-jagr

zubrus-henrique-brunner

olesz-josefson-bernier

gionta/carter

exactly i'd rather have a logjam on forwards than on the defence again, we don't a lots of top talent but man we have really good depth still. Gionta, Olesz, Carter, Barch, Pelley are good call ups.

i know Olesz is better than he's been presented lately but i still think he'll have to win his spot on the team. Carter is really solid i cant see him being scratch, he's the perfect 4th liner.

that depth gives us opportunities to make packaged deals that wouldnt hurt us that much.

Volchenkov + Josefson + Urbom for example. Not a lot of salary to take for what you could be getting and we wouldnt be missing too much either. Obviously we'd have to get back salary probably. But if we could get someone like Hemsky who seems to be on the block for something similar. Totally an example but who knows... i dont think anyone would take just volchenkov but in a package like that and getting a decent guy in return... who knows? 

Edited by SterioDesign, 22 July 2013 - 03:18 PM.

www.SterioDesign.com

#327 njdevsftw

njdevsftw

Senior Devil

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 03:17 PM

Define "good". :P  I'd prefer to never see Barch or Pelley.

Posted Image

#328 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,463 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 03:19 PM

Define "good". :P  I'd prefer to never see Barch or Pelley.

Barch isn't that bad. Everyone hating on Barch needs to relax. We need at least one guy who can play the role he plays. Without him, who do we have to do this? Cam? No thanks, I'll take Barch 100 out of 100 times over Cam. Barch is not a great hockey player, but he CAN play hockey on the 4th line without being a giant anchor. Would you rather we play Cam against the Rags and Flyers instead of Barch?

#329 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,321 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 03:26 PM

Barch is the only guy left who can fight and who we'd want to fight. The situation will arise and we will need to use him. 

Clowe can drop 'em but we won't want him too

Carter can fight but he's not a heavyweight.

Bernier fights like once a year so he's out

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#330 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,702 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 03:39 PM

Gionta has a 2 way so he can stay in the AHL so we only have to scratch two of Tedenby Barch Josefson Olesz when needed. But of course the coaches and players love Gio.

Edited by Zubie#8, 22 July 2013 - 03:39 PM.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#331 Beck27

Beck27

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 03:44 PM

Gionta has a 2 way so he can stay in the AHL so we only have to scratch two of Tedenby Barch Josefson Olesz when needed. But of course the coaches and players love Gio.

If we're a playoff team, Gionta should never see the NHL roster.  But yea, Deboer has an infinite hard on for him.  

#332 njdevsftw

njdevsftw

Senior Devil

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 05:42 PM

I don't want to see Cam either ofcourse.. I feel like the whole 'one goon pr team' thing is a bit outdated.. :( I suppose if we have to waste a spot on someone like that, Barch is the lesser evil.

Edited by njdevsftw, 22 July 2013 - 06:00 PM.

Posted Image

#333 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,870 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 06:07 PM

elias-zajac-ryder

clowe-loktionov-jagr

zubrus-henrique-brunner

olesz-josefson-bernier

gionta/carter

And that's after already getting rid of Tedenby/Barch who are on one-way deals, and there's no buyout period left this year.  People that think we're going to sign another forward (assuming we have signed Jagr) really aren't taking this into account.  Another signing either makes Josefson irrelevant or the newest signing Olesz.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#334 devlman

devlman

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,129 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 09:05 PM

And that's after already getting rid of Tedenby/Barch who are on one-way deals, and there's no buyout period left this year. People that think we're going to sign another forward (assuming we have signed Jagr) really aren't taking this into account. Another signing either makes Josefson irrelevant or the newest signing Olesz.

Teddy and barch can both be sent down

#335 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,099 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 10:24 PM

Teddy and barch can both be sent down

Those are two pretty damn expensive players to send to the A. 

#336 RizzMB30

RizzMB30

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 904 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 11:01 PM

exactly i'd rather have a logjam on forwards than on the defence again, we don't a lots of top talent but man we have really good depth still. Gionta, Olesz, Carter, Barch, Pelley are good call ups.

i know Olesz is better than he's been presented lately but i still think he'll have to win his spot on the team. Carter is really solid i cant see him being scratch, he's the perfect 4th liner.

that depth gives us opportunities to make packaged deals that wouldnt hurt us that much.

Volchenkov + Josefson + Urbom for example. Not a lot of salary to take for what you could be getting and we wouldnt be missing too much either. Obviously we'd have to get back salary probably. But if we could get someone like Hemsky who seems to be on the block for something similar. Totally an example but who knows... i dont think anyone would take just volchenkov but in a package like that and getting a decent guy in return... who knows? 

Umm, except I don't think it's common practice to trade away guys you've just signed.  Josefson for example.  I think Lou wants dibs on any kind of production Josefson can give them.

Tedenby can still get claimed and his contract is like a 750k cap hit in the NHL.   It's crazy, but our entire forward corps has basically signed new contracts.  It's boom or bust for Teds here really because if he's a bust, he turns into another Matt Corrente, and no one wants that.  We'll see if he can stick in training camp and that will decide his fate.  It doesn't bode well if he starts the season in the AHL, same for Josefson and maybe Olesz.

Edited by RizzMB30, 22 July 2013 - 11:03 PM.

This fan will never forget Scott Stevens.

believe-ll.jpgbelieve-devs.jpg

#337 devlman

devlman

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,129 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 11:39 PM

It is, but for brunner, it should be worth it. No sketchy russian on the books should mean some extra cash.

#338 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,374 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 11:58 PM

Kind of sucks that the Devils gave Tedenby a one way deal for $600,000. Normally I wouldn't care if the Devils were paying that much for a guy who will be healthy scratch a lot but considering they'll have 1 or 2 other forwards in the press box to start the year, it seems a bit much to be stuck with. I doubt they want to spend that much on him playing in the AHL.

I honestly wouldn't mind losing him on waivers. I know he's young but unlike a player like Josefson, he hasn't shown me anything that makes me think he will be a NHL player. Plus the reserve list is getting really crammed right now. Add in Jagr and the re-signings of Henrique and Kelly (assuming he gets a NHL and not AHL deal) and their at 49.

Question: If a contract slides, I know that means it gets delayed in starting, but does that mean it also doesn't count against the 50 man limit on the reserve list? Severson's ELC should slide this year which would open up a spot if that is infact the rule.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#339 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,870 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 06:43 AM

It is, but for brunner, it should be worth it. No sketchy russian on the books should mean some extra cash.

It's not the cash that's the real worry, even if they have to waste a million or two in the minors (which nobody really wants to do), it's the fact they're going to be banging up against the 50 contract limit again.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#340 Vic Rattlehead18

Vic Rattlehead18

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,522 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 07:04 AM

If we're a playoff team, Gionta should never see the NHL roster.  But yea, Deboer has an infinite hard on for him.  

Yes, because as everyone knows, he was completely useless in the 2012 playoffs.

Devils.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users