655 replies to this topic

#341 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,169 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 07:33 AM

Yes, because as everyone knows, he was completely useless in the 2012 playoffs.

He shouldn't be kept around for one good playoff run though.

I like what he brings, but he's embarrassingly bad on faceoffs for a center.  And, while he works pretty damn hard, it's still tough to have a small player in a checking role.  If Olesz takes his spot and beats him out..I won't be very upset.

Edited by Devilsfan118, 23 July 2013 - 07:33 AM.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#342 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,176 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 07:51 AM

look at us talking as if we can spend to the cap and that we dont have money problem like the whole world is saying we do....... or do we? :P

www.SterioDesign.com

#343 Beck27

Beck27

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 08:08 AM

Yes, because as everyone knows, he was completely useless in the 2012 playoffs.

And he was completely outmatched and over his head last season, which was also a better indication of his career norm talent level.  Sure, he played fine during the 2012 playoffs...that was his 15 minutes.  

#344 hystyk28

hystyk28

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,081 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 10:41 AM

And he was completely outmatched and over his head last season, which was also a better indication of his career norm talent level.  Sure, he played fine during the 2012 playoffs...that was his 15 minutes.  

Agreed. Bryce had a great run as well, but it should have ended there. Gio, while it is really hard not to root for him, should not be on a NHL roster, especially the Devils as it sits now. If you think we watch all these FA signings intently, then he has to be beside himself wanting to know the roster.

Edited by hystyk28, 23 July 2013 - 10:42 AM.

#345 cgb6397

cgb6397

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 698 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 10:56 AM

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say this report was bullsh!t...

6qf7l3.jpg
"You know my boss, (Lou Lamoriello), we don't throw parades for second place"
-Pete Deboer on the Devils 5th Stanley Cup Final appearence

#346 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,176 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 11:47 AM

This pretty much sounds spot on. Going over the cap and announcing all these signings gives other teams the upper hand. Lou might have something imminent regarding a D trade that's making him hold out on finalizing all these other deals.

Brunner's camp said something along the lines last week of "Deal is close, just a few moving parts before it gets finalized." I think he's a Devil.

now that the Jagr thing is not even announced yet. Its even more believable that it could be the case... very interesting. Why else would Lou not announce it?

www.SterioDesign.com

#347 Bibby89

Bibby89

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 11:51 AM

I just want something already. Until the announcement, I am stuck doing actual work at work. This madness must stop.

#348 nessus

nessus

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 01:48 PM

So what does the Jagr signing say about the theory that we're waiting on Henrique's contract to announce the Brunner signing?

I agree that the fact that it has been so quiet has "Devils" written all over it, but adding another forward doesn't make much sense now.

#349 Z-Man

Z-Man

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,058 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 01:56 PM

Agreed nessus.  There will be 15 forwards on the roster when Henrique signs, and only one (Gionta) has a two-way contract. 

Doubtful they'll sign another forward now.

#350 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,176 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 02:27 PM

@DebPlacey Good stuff. I'm told the Brunner signing is about to be announced at 3.8m at 2 years.

edit: ah nvm that.clearly fake

Edited by SterioDesign, 23 July 2013 - 02:31 PM.

www.SterioDesign.com

#351 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 02:28 PM

@DebPlacey Good stuff. I'm told the Brunner signing is about to be announced at 3.8m at 2 years.

I hope this is true

#352 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,518 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 02:29 PM

She retweeted a fake Bob McKenzie account.

As a tip, it's a good idea to follow retweets to the original source so the original source can get credit, or in this case, we can see it's BS.

Edited by Devils731, 23 July 2013 - 02:30 PM.

Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#353 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,543 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 02:33 PM

haaaa, Someone forgot to tell Deb about fake Twitter accounts... Rookie mistake.

#354 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,720 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 03:36 PM

So what does the Jagr signing say about the theory that we're waiting on Henrique's contract to announce the Brunner signing?

I agree that the fact that it has been so quiet has "Devils" written all over it, but adding another forward doesn't make much sense now.

People thought we were waiting on Henrique to announce Jagr, now we're waiting on him to announce Brunner lol

They'll have like $2-5 million in cap space after Henrique's deal (bonuses accounting for $3 million), but they're also running out of roster spots/# of contracts.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#355 brickwall30

brickwall30

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 05:23 PM

im in the middle of working on a project so I don't feel like looking to see which of his articles it was (I think its the one that says whats going with jagr from before he was signed but not sure), but TG said when he talked to Lou that he said he isn't done molding the team through both additions and subtractions. As much as we have all talked about moving Volchenkov or some of these spare forwards we have now as dreaming, it sounds like Lou is seriously pursuing those options in an attempt to get something done to open up some more roster spots and budget/cap dollars.

I think before the season starts Brunner will end up being a Devils and Volchenkov and someone like josefson or one of the other 3rd fourth line guys get moved out with a prospect for picks and/or prospects and we all pour ourselves a nice big glass of Lou-aid :koolaid:

#356 Vic Rattlehead18

Vic Rattlehead18

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 06:57 AM

I had a dream we signed Brunner. Let's hope i'm a clairvoyant.

Devils.

#357 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,436 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 01:14 PM

Manta's Log: Day 13

"The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place".

-GBS

I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#358 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,176 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 01:25 PM

i think all this time is Brunner and his agent facing reality that you cant command 3+ millions with under 50 games played in the NHL... he'll probably come back to earth and sign around 2.5 or 2.75m with someone eventually, hopefully its still us. i think he's a low risk high rewards kinda guy

www.SterioDesign.com

#359 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,169 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 01:36 PM

As far as I'm concerned, there really isn't a spot for him.  Don't need/want him right now.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#360 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,361 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 03:30 PM

As far as I'm concerned, there really isn't a spot for him.  Don't need/want him right now.

I agree. I don't see the place for him unless a trade involving a roster forward occurs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users