655 replies to this topic

#421 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,784 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 01:53 PM

but seriously, salvador should have been there no?

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#422 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,574 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 02:09 PM

but seriously, salvador should have been there no?

this has nothing to do with him.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#423 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,758 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 02:17 PM

this has nothing to do with him.

i dont care personally that he was there or not but its not true that it has nothing to do with him lol cmon he's the captain of the team they just bought, its not nothing. Again thats you just wanting to say the opposite of someone

Edited by SterioDesign, 15 August 2013 - 02:28 PM.

www.SterioDesign.com

#424 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,421 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 02:31 PM

i dont care personally that he was there or not but its not true that it has nothing to do with him lol cmon he's the captain of the team they just bought, its not nothing. Again thats you just wanting to say the opposite of someone

OK -- why don't you start with Why wasn't DeBoer there...  seriously -- it has NOTHING to do with Salvadore.  You have NO leg to stand on n'est pas?  :P

I'm here for the party

#425 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,758 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 03:08 PM

OK -- why don't you start with Why wasn't DeBoer there...  seriously -- it has NOTHING to do with Salvadore.  You have NO leg to stand on n'est pas?  :P

I dont know why he wasnt there, why was Marty, Zach and Elias at Kovy's presser? Why was Zach at the table at the draft? 

Its a pretty big deal for the organization, i can see that they'd want to skip it but its not true that it has NOTHING to do with them come on, they are the face of the franchise (well Salvador not really) but still

and it's "n'est-ce pas" :P 

www.SterioDesign.com

#426 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,574 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 03:10 PM

It has nothing to do with him.  It's a business transaction.  There's no reason for him to be there - his end is on the ice.  Whoever owns the team is immaterial to the players - the players are on guaranteed contracts, if the owner can't pay, the NHL has to step in and pay.  The way a good NHL organization works is that ownership provides the money and hires good people to run the business end and the hockey end of the franchise - the 'hockey end' of the franchise is the general manager, and he deals with the players.  This press conference was merely to introduce the owners, the CEO of marketing, a discussion of the franchise's long-term plans, and to re-affirm that Lou isn't going anywhere.  None of this involves Bryce Salvador at all.

#427 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,758 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 03:19 PM

It has nothing to do with him.  It's a business transaction.  There's no reason for him to be there - his end is on the ice.  Whoever owns the team is immaterial to the players - the players are on guaranteed contracts, if the owner can't pay, the NHL has to step in and pay.  The way a good NHL organization works is that ownership provides the money and hires good people to run the business end and the hockey end of the franchise - the 'hockey end' of the franchise is the general manager, and he deals with the players.  This press conference was merely to introduce the owners, the CEO of marketing, a discussion of the franchise's long-term plans, and to re-affirm that Lou isn't going anywhere.  None of this involves Bryce Salvador at all.

The link between the owner and players is really not as existent as youre putting it. Who's handing the jerseys, awards and gift and sh!t to Nierdermayer, Brodeur, Zubrus, Elias and all those guys in ceremonies? yeah, it was Vanderbeek. 

anyways im not arguing with you today

www.SterioDesign.com

#428 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,395 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 03:23 PM

The link between the owner and players is really not as existent as youre putting it. Who's handing the jerseys, awards and gift and sh!t to Nierdermayer, Brodeur, Zubrus, Elias and all those guys in ceremonies? yeah, it was Vanderbeek. 

a) Vanderbeek was very hands on, probably because above all else, he was a Devils fan

b) Only people that have something to say at a press conference should be at the press conference. What does the press ask Salvador at the press conference for something like this? Or is he standing there like a state senator's awkward 15 year old at a campaign rally?

Edited by DJ Eco, 15 August 2013 - 03:23 PM.

#429 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,758 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 03:27 PM

a) Vanderbeek was very hands on, probably because above all else, he was a Devils fan

b) Only people that have something to say at a press conference should be at the press conference. What does the press ask Salvador at the press conference for something like this? Or is he standing there like a state senator's awkward 15 year old at a campaign rally?

Again Zach, Elias and Brodeur we're at Kovy's press conference and had nothing to say. It was just showing support or wtv how you want to call it. and like i said i dont care that he was there or not and im not saying he should have been there, im just saying that its not true that it had NOTHING to do there, thats pushing imo.

www.SterioDesign.com

#430 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,574 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 04:04 PM

lol you started the argument.  I didn't respond to something you said.  Then you called me contrarian.  Who's the contrarian here?

Those events involving Vanderbeek as owner were for on-ice achievements, and some owners are more hands-on than others.  Vanderbeek was a fan before he bought the team, these guys were not (or at least nothing they said gave me the impression they were).  It remains to be seen what public presence they will have.  They own another sports franchise and still have day jobs, so I don't think they will be as public as Vanderbeek was.  They might've even retained Vanderbeek in the organization to keep doing these things, who knows.  

The press conference had nothing to do with the on-ice affairs of the team.  DJ Eco described it pretty perfectly - if you wanted to get Salvador there to have him say 10 versions of the same thing, go ahead and waste his morning.  It doesn't involve him.  It doesn't involve DeBoer either, as PK said.  

The Kovalchuk press conference was about a PLAYER.  That involves the team - while they didn't have to be there (and it was a little odd that there was a press conference like that), they showed up.

Edited by Triumph, 15 August 2013 - 04:05 PM.

#431 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,193 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 04:12 PM

lol I don't even think the players show up when a COACH is announced (at least I don't remember Parise or anyone else being there when PDB was introduced), much less an owner.

And when Salvador was at the Yankee Stadium thing people complained about why wasn't it Brodeur/Elias/Jagr lmao.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 15 August 2013 - 04:14 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#432 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,421 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 04:57 PM

Scott Stevens should have been there. This is marketing dammit at and he's fine eye candy window dressing whathaveyou. On all levels the man should have been there above all others.

I'm here for the party

#433 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,859 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 08:13 PM

True McMullen never really was around for a lot of the ceremonies on the ice when he was owner.

Then again under Scrooge McMullen he never gave out much stuff to the players for achievements to begin with.

#434 mrthemike

mrthemike

Cursed_Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,182 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 09:10 AM

So this guy still hasn't signed anywhere. Is this what happens when you think you are worth more than you've proven to be?

Sole Posted Image of Emmy Rossum

#435 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,068 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 09:21 AM

So this guy still hasn't signed anywhere. Is this what happens when you think you are worth more than you've proven to be?

Rofl. It's over Damien. Camp opens in a week. No one's giving you $3 million a year. Its contract signing time Mr. Brunner.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#436 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,784 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 09:24 AM

time to sign him for a bag of pucks, bargain time.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#437 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,669 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 09:31 AM

time to sign him for a bag of pucks, bargain time.

No room for him any more. 

Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#438 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,859 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 09:35 AM

I bet that Barlotta guy on twitter is sweating pretty good now.

Or at least I hope he is.

#439 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 09:37 AM

No room for him any more. 

We could make roster room for him...  we have the cap space to do it.
Not sure what the implications would be (and it's affect on next years free agents) for next year with the bonuses, etc

Edited by aylbert, 03 September 2013 - 09:39 AM.

image-300x225.jpg

| 2012 Season | NJDevs FHL Champion | 2013 Season |
| 2014 Season | 

#440 newarkdev01

newarkdev01

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 09:49 AM

Given where we are now, what do you think the odds are of Lou making any changes or just riding it out to see what he has?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users