655 replies to this topic

#501 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,427 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 08:06 PM

Why would they be have to be insane to not have jj in the lineup? He didnt do anything last year to earn playing time, which is why he got sent to the minors. But theres a ridiculous frame of mind on this board that if youre sent to the minors in your early 20s that youre a bust. Theres no shame in jj and teddy developing in the minors. But as far as the coaching staff being insane if jj doesnt make the lineup, thats not true. Jj and teddy have a ton of talent and I look foward to watching them continue to develop, hopefully as devils.

And you should have said the swedish elite league, because thats what its called when they played there. At least im pretty sure it was. I thought you were talking about some meaningless advanced stat

Josefson is waiver-eligible.  He will not make it through waivers.  Tedenby is also waiver-eligible, but I think he would make it through waivers.  

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#502 Bartholomew Hunt

Bartholomew Hunt

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 08:17 PM

Josefson is waiver-eligible. He will not make it through waivers. Tedenby is also waiver-eligible, but I think he would make it through waivers.

Says you.

Doesn't mean he wont be scratched half the games or more. He sucked last year.

#503 Brandon

Brandon

Trenton Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 08:20 PM

Josefson is head and shoulders better and more useful than Tedenby, Tedenby is only valuable to the team if he's scoring goals because of the fact that he's dumb as bricks on the defensive side of the puck, even if Josefson isn't producing he's still valuable to the team because of his hockey IQ and defensive abilities, it's absolutely no contest on who the better player is.
25smul5.png

#504 Bartholomew Hunt

Bartholomew Hunt

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 09:48 PM

Josefson is head and shoulders better and more useful than Tedenby, Tedenby is only valuable to the team if he's scoring goals because of the fact that he's dumb as bricks on the defensive side of the puck, even if Josefson isn't producing he's still valuable to the team because of his hockey IQ and defensive abilities, it's absolutely no contest on who the better player is.

Yeah thats why their stats are so different right?..........................................and why josefson got sent to the ahl for scrubs like steve sullivan and matt diagistini to take up his roster spot....stop it. Josefson is not as solid as the people on this website try and make him out to be. Clocking out on this conversation now, I said I didnt want to get into a tedenby josefson pissing match but that didnt work.

#505 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,653 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 10:58 PM

Yeah thats why their stats are so different right?..........................................and why josefson got sent to the ahl for scrubs like steve sullivan and matt diagistini to take up his roster spot....stop it. Josefson is not as solid as the people on this website try and make him out to be. Clocking out on this conversation now, I said I didnt want to get into a tedenby josefson pissing match but that didnt work.

You're looking at stats and not gameplay. And Tedenby got sent to the minors weeks before Josefson last year, so I'm not sure what JJ going to the minors has to do with anything. 

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#506 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,427 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 11:07 PM

Because Josefson can kill penalties, is a year younger, and has put up better offensive stats in professional hockey to date.  Teams would be lining up to claim a former 1st round pick 4 years from being drafted who puts up .66 points per game in the minors, plays center, and plays an effective two-way game.  Tedenby stinks at defense and his offense isn't good enough to carry that - unless he's improved remarkably he will not be an NHL player.

#507 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,316 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 12:07 AM

Brunner still hasn't signed yet?? Jeez.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#508 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 07:26 AM

Brunner still hasn't signed yet?? Jeez.

His terms must be too high. I think the teams have written him off unless he come in real cheap for a year.

#509 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,801 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 07:39 AM

Josefson is definitely a better player than Tedenby, but I had much higher hopes than 3C or 3LW/RW, but that seems to be what he's destined for now.  He still looks..puny..out there, I wonder if he'll manage to stay healthy this year.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#510 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 08:01 AM

Who are the Swiss Devils?

Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#511 Bibby89

Bibby89

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 08:22 AM

Thank you. Glad to see I'm not the only one bugged by that too.

#512 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,076 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 08:24 AM

obviously a team of devils made out of swiss... Swiss cheese that is
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#513 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,352 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 08:48 AM

We have been hearing about Tedenby looking good in camp the past 2 seasons now and look at what happened.  IDK about anything else but I think the kid is a lost cause at least at the NHL level.

He never looked THAT good in camp. From several accounts, he looks really good and ready to play this year, maybe that means he bulked up (one could hope)..

The real test will be how he plays on Monday. Preseason or not, it will be a physical match, and we'll get a good sense of where he's at..

#514 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,352 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 08:55 AM

His terms must be too high. I think the teams have written him off unless he come in real cheap for a year.

The fact that the Red Wings (where he played really well last year) haven't jumped on signing him at whatever he's requesting says enough for me. I'd imagine Lou feels the same and is waiting for his lowball offer bait to catch the fish..

#515 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 09:47 AM

I think the Red Wings were full and they didn't accept his demands based on his performance and time in NHL.

#516 Bibby89

Bibby89

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 10:02 AM

Even more so with them bringing Cleary back too.

#517 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,427 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 10:32 AM

Cleary fills a role on the team, Brunner would not.  The Wings went with Alfredsson which seems like an odd choice - Brunner definitely has a chance of being better than Alfredsson, though Alfie looks to be a better territorial player.

Edited by Triumph, 13 September 2013 - 10:36 AM.

#518 mouse

mouse

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,486 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 10:48 AM

Because Josefson can kill penalties, is a year younger, and has put up better offensive stats in professional hockey to date.  Teams would be lining up to claim a former 1st round pick 4 years from being drafted who puts up .66 points per game in the minors, plays center, and plays an effective two-way game.  Tedenby stinks at defense and his offense isn't good enough to carry that - unless he's improved remarkably he will not be an NHL player.

+ 1. Stats don't effectively measure defense. It drives me crazy with 2 way forwards, and drives me crazier with dmen. I always felt Paul Martin was undervalued because he didn't score many goals (though Pitt gave him a good contract, so maybe I'm wrong).

Sumus Legio
You don't turn this around in a couple shifts. Its going to take a little time, but I know the guys will come back. Because I can see it. -- Jacques Lemaire

sguq.jpg

#519 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,551 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 12:29 PM

+ 1. Stats don't effectively measure defense. It drives me crazy with 2 way forwards, and drives me crazier with dmen. I always felt Paul Martin was undervalued because he didn't score many goals (though Pitt gave him a good contract, so maybe I'm wrong).

Martin was their best defensemen this year. JJ obviously is better. Tedenby looks good in camp every time before he plays actual games for us. He seems to have some mental block in him when he hits the NHL ice

#520 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 02:02 PM

I think that both Tedenby and JJ are young and hopefully haven't shown us their best stuff yet. Lets hope they are still with the Devils when that happens. IMO JJ is better than Gionta right now. Tedenby is better than both of our goons. How is Tedenby going to be after coming back from major facial cut IDK will he play scared? DeBoer has to give the kids a chance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users