http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#584 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,525 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:34 PM

Nice.  PDB has some interesting decisions to make with his lines this season. 

Posted Image

#585 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,676 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:35 PM

curious to see the terms

www.SterioDesign.com

#586 Steadevils

Steadevils

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:35 PM

Could this have been the longest FA target thread in NJDevs history? Great that it ended in success. At around page 16-22 I would not have guessed it's success.  

"I realized from Day 1 the way I played I'd never be a Gretzky or a Lemieux, well, a Mario I mean. I was never going to be a player to get standing ovations in a visitors' building."

-- Claude Lemieux - May 7, 1999

#587 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,776 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:37 PM

great shot and a good fit, i like.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#588 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,525 posts

Haha well it's not the Kovalchuk saga thread but it's close

Ohh the memories.  Did the female ninja's ever make it into this thread? 

Posted Image

#589 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,066 posts

Would love to know what Detroit's offers were, and if Brunner somehow won here, as far as getting the best offer possible goes.  At any rate, I'm sure Brunner is surprised that it took a tryout for him to finally get a deal.   

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#590 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,797 posts

Could this have been the longest FA target thread in NJDevs history? Great that it ended in success. At around page 16-22 I would not have guessed it's success.  

Oh man, check these bad boys out..

http://www.njdevs.co...showtopic=68641

http://www.njdevs.co...howtopic=124547

Edited by Devilsfan118, 24 September 2013 - 12:38 PM.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#591 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,122 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:41 PM

Well, I asked this in another thread, but now that this is official, I'll bring it up again. What does everyone think this means for the roster?

We have up front:

Elias
Zajac
Ryder
Jagr
Clowe
Henrique
Brunner
Zubrus
Loktionov
Olesz
Carter
Bernier

With these guys as extras:
Gionta
Josefson
Barch
Janssen

It would appear to me that there's going to be someone that deserves to play in the NHL that isn't going to make the roster, assuming Olesz is a competent enough player. So with that basically meaning two of JJ, Gio, Carter, Bernier, Olesz will sit regularly, which of them will sit? Do you think a trade occurs that way a year isn't wasted by one of them playing in the AHL, especially if it's JJ? Who could we trade that would have value for other teams? What would NJ be looking for in return?

#592 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,776 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:43 PM

i think the devils did a great job stealing loktionov, olezs, and brunner. all three are great offensive players just in a jam with former teams.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#593 Steadevils

Steadevils

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Hahaah. Point taken..What if we limit the thread competition to threads that ended in successful signings of players that signed a contract with the Devil that was never broken? Or longest potential signing of a player with under 20 career NHL goals?

"I realized from Day 1 the way I played I'd never be a Gretzky or a Lemieux, well, a Mario I mean. I was never going to be a player to get standing ovations in a visitors' building."

-- Claude Lemieux - May 7, 1999

#594 Vic Rattlehead18

Vic Rattlehead18

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Like the Mountie's always say: <https://www.youtube....h?v=COhOiBBX190

How do I get this clip to show up not as a link!!!? ARGH!

Edited by Vic Rattlehead18, 24 September 2013 - 12:46 PM.

Devils.

#595 John Wensink

John Wensink

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:45 PM

This should be easy, no Barch and definitely no Janssen. I hope that is what happens. Teddy not on your list, but his being injured hurt him.

Well, I asked this in another thread, but now that this is official, I'll bring it up again. What does everyone think this means for the roster?

We have up front:

Elias
Zajac
Ryder
Jagr
Clowe
Henrique
Brunner
Zubrus
Loktionov
Olesz
Carter
Bernier

With these guys as extras:
Gionta
Josefson
Barch
Janssen

It would appear to me that there's going to be someone that deserves to play in the NHL that isn't going to make the roster, assuming Olesz is a competent enough player. So with that basically meaning two of JJ, Gio, Carter, Bernier, Olesz will sit regularly, which of them will sit? Do you think a trade occurs that way a year isn't wasted by one of them playing in the AHL, especially if it's JJ? Who could we trade that would have value for other teams? What would NJ be looking for in return?

"I feel privileged to have played on three Stanley Cup teams and finally help the New Jersey Devils get the respect they deserve." Scott Stevens

"I knew in my heart that one day we would turn it around and we'd do something special here," Ken Daneyko

"I hate the Rangers, and Lou hates them to death."- Martin Brodeur, "Beyond the Crease", page 261

#596 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,819 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:47 PM

Also per TG:
@TGfireandice: Lamoriello admitted he's got some work to do now to get down to 13 or 14 forwards with Brunner on board now. Called it a "good problem."

Interesting, I can't even guess what we'll end up doing. Stockpiling draft picks is the only thing I can think of

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#597 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,797 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:48 PM

Hahaah. Point taken..What if we limit the thread competition to threads that ended in successful signings of players that signed a contract with the Devil that was never broken? Or longest potential signing of a player with under 20 career NHL goals?

Works for me  :lol:

Like the Mountie's always say: <https://www.youtube....h?v=COhOiBBX190

How do I get this clip to show up not as a link!!!? ARGH!

I have had the toughest freakin time trying to figure that out, and I have no idea.  It used to just be <media> tags, but apparently that's no longer the case.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#598 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:52 PM

Guessing 2/5

#599 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,066 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:52 PM

Suffice it to say, for those who wanted a housecleaning after last season, you got one.  Ryder, Clowe, Jagr, Brunner, Olesz. 

At the very least, this team has some mystique and intrigue.  And Lou definitely did what he could, under the circumstances, to recover from Kovy's...whatever you want to call it.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#600 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,122 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:53 PM

This should be easy, no Barch and definitely no Janssen. I hope that is what happens. Teddy not on your list, but his being injured hurt him.

They weren't part of the two that will sit regularly option. I realize they're extras, but we all know they're only playing in the division games and might not even play in those now that the roster is so full.

Two of these following players will sit regularly: Gio, JJ, Olesz, Carter, Bernier. I'd hope it's Gio and someone else, but all of the someone elses are guys I'd want playing, so I'd think a trade is coming. Unless the team is ok with JJ playing most of the season in the minors because even with injuries, it's not going to be that easy to get a spot.

And yeah, Teddy, he is "fighting" for a spot, but he's not making it. No way he beats out JJ unless he starts scoring like crazy.

Edited by ATLL765, 24 September 2013 - 12:55 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users